Pauli2 Will you be reviewing "Explorations in Consciousness:..." Soon?

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuroth

Xanth

I'm sorry, but I absolutely have to speak out against this... Pauli is a nice guy and all, but he has absolutely no business "reviewing" anything for anyone but himself.

As for Fred's book...
I highly suggest you read it for yourself!  He's, not only, a great writer, as you've probably seen from his many posts on this (and his own) forum, but the dude has LOTS of direct experiences and shares them eloquently combined with a wealth of knowledge on the subject.  Personally, I haven't found the time yet to read his book, but it's high on my list.

todd421757

I have enjoyed reading Pauli's book reviews.

Pauli critiqued many of Frank's pdf viewpoints. He stated many of those views lacked evidence or direct experience to back up his claims.

I applaud Pauli to bring the author's weak points to the forefront when reviewing a book.

I hope he reviews "Explorations in Consciousness".

Szaxx

Hi,
Post 54,
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_book_reviews/frank_kepple_frank_posts_pdf_the_frank_pdf-t34289.0.html;msg314199;topicseen#msg314199

This is another's viewpoint. ITS NOT AN ATTACK.
Everyone has their preferences and views.
In the post these points are so different and the above is a perfect example of this.
I have read Franks pdf and some of what Pauli writes Im in agreement with, other times Im not.
Its our own preferences and these are based on how our personal interpretation is percieved.
Pauli has lots of book experience and has read many. His NPR experience is not the same, however you look at it, he does this for our benefit from his critical point of view.
In defense no-one else has his style. He does these reviews so a base of reference can be made. I'd rather read them than not have any at all.
I'm trying to keep the equilibrium in check. This subject causes problems usually in a similar fashion to that of religion, not as heavy though.
I have made a valid point. I hope I've not made enemies.
Lol
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Xanth

I seem to be reading completely different reviews from Pauli than the rest of you. 

I firmly and emphatically stand by my opinion.  Pauli has no business writing reviews for anyone but himself.

There are far better resources to get differing perspectives from than someone who has only "read" about the subject.  Call that statement harsh if you want... but it's FACT.

You wouldn't go to any professional if they had only READ about whatever it is they're offering, would you?  I'm puzzled why people are setting the bar here below "common sense"?

Volgerle

I have a dream ... one day .. on a remote future date ... we will see this ...

Pauli + Xanth

never give up hoping

:-D

Volgerle

again, on a more serious note: a review is just what we do here all the time: an opinion, it's not different anywhere else, not even different from so-called 'professional' reviews in (online or print) magazines for books, music CDs, movies etc.., it's just OPINION

moreover if it's controversial it is good for discussion, so what's your point? let pauli have his review if he bothers to do so (and read that book), he will do it anyway, Xanth, and then you can delightfully slate his review (OPINION) if you feel like doing so, by stating your OPINION

cheers and lighten up, mate,

V.

Kuroth

Wow...  This thread went strange.. Had to do several RC's while reading it to make sure I was not in some strange dream..

Lionheart

Quote from: Kuroth on November 04, 2012, 18:18:31
Wow...  This thread went strange.. Had to do several RC's while reading it to make sure I was not in some strange dream..
No problem, Kuroth. You just hit upon a wound that hasn't quite healed yet, it's not your fault. Carry on!  :-)