News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Robert Monroe - Journeys trilogy

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauli2

I use a grade from 0 - 10 (10 is the best/highest) on the books. These books have been mentioned several times elsewhere, but I couldn't find a good Book Reviews entry about them, so I now create a completely new entry. As many people have read these book, the grades I give these books can serve as a stick to compare my reviews on completely other books (in other threads).

Journeys Out Of The Body, 1971, Robert A Monroe

GRADE: 9.0 - 10.0

Perhaps this book deserves the highest grade, but time has passed and I also feel that some questions are not answered in a complete way by today's standard, which make me linger on the grade.

This book was groundbreaking when it first arrived. Monroe describes how he made his first OBE and gives several examples of further OBEs and APs. He gives some structure to the world by introducing a Locale concept. This concept is still valid (but not much used by TMI) and I'll try to compare it with the later Focus Levels:

Locale I = What looks like to be an image of Focus 1 or C1. Also similar to R Bruce's RTZ
Locale II = Focus 22 up to at least Focus 27.
Locale III = An alternate C1, or rather -  the RTZ of a different C1. A different universe with slightly different Laws of Nature.

Robert Monroe never mentioned Locale III in any of his later books, perhaps by a reason? Monroe also describes some experiences that he can't fit into his 3 Locales. The book contain a few precognitions as well. Monroe did several experiment to verify that his OBE was real and not just a dream. The books also gives several examples of the vibrational effect before an OBE.

Various interesting details are given such as encounters with (and assaults by) astral animals. The end of the book contains one of Monroe's techniques for doing an OBE. It may be necessary to compare it with other techniques as I get the impression that the technique in the book is incomplete by today's standard.

Far Journeys, 1985, Robert A Monroe

GRADE: 8.5

This book came several years after Monroe's first book. TMI has moved from Afton to Faber and is now well working with their Hemi-Sync techniques, which have improved and become well developed compared to the early 1970's. But the book doesn't provide as much info as I would have hoped by all those years of development. Parts of the Gateway Program are described.

A lot of detail concepts are described, like ROTE, CHEC, clicking-out, Time-Space-Illusion (TSI), M-Band noise, NVC, etc. The book explains how the Explorer Teams work and give several examples of direct explorations, but I would have liked a little more conclusions or perhaps explanations to what Monroe thinks has happened during those explorations. (Some of these early Explorer Team recordings can still be found on the TMI home page, but they are mostly without conclusions or interpretations from TMI.)

Monroe comes into contact with several (non-human?) intelligences and describes his interaction and communication with these entities. The huge part of this book is about the idents AA and BB and the following story line development. I think the long AA/BB interaction part of the book is one of the best.

The book ends with experiences from Focus 34, the beginning of the Gathering, somewhere around the years 3000 - 3500 (?).

Ultimate Journey, 1994, Robert A Monroe

GRADE: 10.0

This is the Monroe book I think is most well written. It reaches more clear conclusions. the book may not contain that many new concepts, but the content is very important in my mind. Monroe further describes the Focus Levels and how to help souls in Focus 23.

I think this book provides the best questions and Monroe also tries to answer those questions to his best ability. It is a book of discovery in a slightly more constructive way than his two previous books, and that's perhaps why I like it so much that I give it the highest grade.

This is also the book where Monroe finally gives some live experience and development advice to the reader. What we should do and why we should do it. The book doesn't contain all the answers by far, by I feel encourage to find the right questions by my own. :)

Monroe create some important Knowns out of Unknowns in this book. Knowns, which have been further investigate by Moen, in his Afterlife series.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Pauli2

I have re-read Monroe's Far Journeys and I now think the book deserves a higher grade than on my initial rating. There are parts of the book that first make sense to me now, after having read the Moen books. It's actually surprising how well connected and coherent the completely different writings & styles of Moen and Monroe are.

The last part of Far Journeys, with the description of the null point, the rings, HTSI and NPR + the lengthy diagram are still difficult for me to understand. In some sense it is a mess and I don't really get the feeling that Monroe had it all figured out as it is very complicated, but he reached much farther than anyone after him, still today. And, well, Monroe also writes that some parts were unknown or un-describable to him at the time.

Moen had probably realized the problems with mapping the afterlife during the 1990s, and I get the impression that he settled with only describing small & medium parts of the astral, piece-by-piece, to bring some order into matters.

In comparison I would say that for example Frank made a mess out a mess. :)
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

CFTraveler

I'm glad I read this thread.  The first time I read 'U. J.' I was lukewarm about it.  ATM I have Moen's books on the way (my Christmas present to myself).  So I plan to reread UJ after reading Moen's books.
Thanks, all.

light487

Can someone let me know if these books are available in eBook form somewhere? They are not available in Kindle format on Amazon but I was hoping they would be available somewhere in eBook form that I could get them from? I read the first one over a decade ago and didn't even know he'd written two more before I joined this site. I'd really like to read them but I much prefer reading on my Kindle than actual paper.

blis

Is it the new kindle you've got that can show pdf's? You can find the pdf's on the internet. I can email you mine if you want.

light487

Yer it's a Kindle 3, so it does support PDFs.. if I had the PDFs, I'd probably convert them to the MOBI format that, so that I can adjust the font size etc.

blis

Emailed it to the address on your profile.

Orion-

Type on google:

(name of book) filetype:pdf

You can find almost anything you want this way.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

To light one candle is more effective than cursing the darkness.

SolarLogos

The book ends with experiences from Focus 34, the beginning of the Gathering, somewhere around the years 3000 - 3500 (?).

Hi Pauli - could you please tell me, where, exactly did you get the dates 3000-3500 for the Gathering?  I am intensely interested in this.  I scoured Far Journeys and found no reference to when this event would occur and Bruce Moen will not communicate with me for some reason.

Thank you

Pauli2

Quote from: SolarLogos on November 19, 2012, 12:58:57
... where, exactly did you get the dates 3000-3500 ...

For example pages 206 & 232, FJ. See also page 227, UJ. Pay attention to every detail, question every detail.