News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

A quick way to improve dream recall

Previous topic - Next topic

blis

I've been slacking for quite a while in regards to dream work and obe's. My dream recall was getting very poor so I tried something and it worked right away.

Before bed or when meditating, imagine a big old book with "Beliefs" written on the cover. Open it up to an empty page and write "I remember my dreams". Close the book and put it to the side. Do the same with books entitled, "expectations", and, "facts".

Tonight I'm going to try having a lucid dream by writing in a book called "Intentions". I'll let you know if it works.

roman67

blis

Thanks Roman. The intentions thing didnt work but at least my dream recall is back to what it used to be again.

Lionheart

Quote from: blis on November 20, 2012, 06:44:31
Thanks Roman. The intentions thing didnt work but at least my dream recall is back to what it used to be again.
One night of doing this will not yield favorable results. You need to do this every single night for at least a month before you can logically deduce whether it works for you or not. Scientists would take this experiment on over 3 month/6 month/1year/5 year studies. You need to give it a fair chance!  :-)
There is no rush!

Bedeekin

A really good way of improving dream recall is to increase the frequency of how much you dream consciously. Give ample snooze time on a morning before you normally get up. Setting your alarm an hour and a half before you normally get up works a treat. :)

Anonymouse

Agreed. What I do is when I wake up, I sit in my bed, back against the wall close my eyes, and stay there, just letting dream memory kick in. Today for example, could recall 5 of them, and it's funny cause, I remember being in a dream, telling a friend of mine about the dream I just had before

TheEnergeticSeer

The technique that has worked best for me, although it can be a bit strange, is stilling the mind and paying attention as you fall asleep. Sometimes this can take a while but if you can really keep your mind still it can have some pretty staggering results and you can go from full consciousness to dreaming without missing a beat. Good luck!

Zagadka

Why not just keep a dream diary? It's probably the most efficient method! If you don't have enough time, just take some notes. I know keeping a diary can be boring... but I don't mind personally, if it can make my nights a fantastic and magical adventure, it's totally worth the efforts!  :-)

Dreamshards

I also try to let my memory of my dreams surface in the morning by concentrating on recalling them in the morning. If I feel the memory slipping away I let my mind doze as if I am thinking about going to sleep again, but of course I retrain myself. When I am border lining sleep I can easily remember many of my dreams.

AteBits

Bedeekin's advice is great. Other than that keep a dream journal, its the most efective way in my opinion. Also read in your journal every day, perhaps before you go to bed. That will help to. In your dream journal, before you go to sleep, draw a line where your heading and date will be (for example) and while you do that let this line represent that you are going to remember your dreams. Ever day when you draw that line, think of dreaming and tat you are going to remember them. That helps to.
Its really dream recall improvment all in one book.

ChopstickFox

It would vary from person to person, but I know I wake up several times as it gets closer to morning. Just briefly. I run through the previous dream a few times while drifting off back to sleep. After a few times of that, I go through the whole run though before getting up for real then it sticks with me all day.
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.