News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Abouth writing your dreams...

Previous topic - Next topic

Smilodon29A

I would like your input in this.

Should I write down dreams that are obvious manifestations of my desires.

I had a dream in which I had two dogs (instead of one), and that was it, I was living normally like I do now, the only difference was another dog. Of course I would love to have another one, but my parents won't let me.

Should I write down dreams like that too, or just the strange ones, and how do they help ?
If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
      --Anonymous
There cannot be a crisis next week.  My schedule is already full.
      --Henry Kissinger

Kazbadan

There are many people saying that its important to write dreams. Especially if you want tl pratice OBEs, because when writing dreams you are learnin to remember it.

I dont need to write it because i always remember my dreams. Besides that, i have so much dreams (and the most part of them are strange and special) that if i would write every dream i would not have any time to do more important things.

Writing dreams its something that you must think very well, or u be loosing your time.

If you are young, maybe its good to write it because you will be developing your memory skills and you will be training lingusitic skills (writing, constructing a text, etc).
I love you!

wisp

Writing down your dreams is like writing a letter to your sunconscious (or unknown part). Your subconscious pays attention and provides more information to you. Your opening up a dialog.

Selski

Smilodon29A

I've often thought about this.  If I wrote (or typed) up every dream I had, I'd have no time to go to work!  

So what I try to do is mentally run through them all in the morning before I get up.  The ones that seem "more important" get written down, but I try to examine ALL of them, including the seemingly stupid/nothing ones.

I have been surprised in the past, where I've dismissed a dream, only to find that a week or so later, it became of utmost importance to me.  And I can honestly say I don't know how I remembered it - it came back to me like a bolt out of the blue while I was mulling over something.  However, what it taught me is never to shrug a dream off without at least a courtesy run-through once awake.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Smilodon29A

Thanks for your input guys, it was very helpful.
If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
      --Anonymous
There cannot be a crisis next week.  My schedule is already full.
      --Henry Kissinger

SylvrFlwr

Quote from: KazbadanBesides that, i have so much dreams (and the most part of them are strange and special) that if i would write every dream i would not have any time to do more important things.

This is how I am!  I always have the most vivid, interesting dreams that I remember them upon awakening.  When I try to write them down it takes all morning!  I have written a few down, but they take up pages and pages.  When my kids are older I'm going to try to write down more of them.  One thing I think is really fun too, is looking back on dreams you've forgotten after years have passed and seeing how insightful they are even after the fact.
Jenna