News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Balloon Effect

Previous topic - Next topic

Grenade01

I often feel like my limbs/hands/feet balloon and sweel while meditating, and often actually "see" quick flashes of my limbs looking all bloated.
Not really what your talking about I guess, but I think both things are pretty bizzare.

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

lucid dancer

Grenade,      Thanks!  My message is a bit delayed from vacation.  I've also experienced that swelled feeling from meditation or energy work.  I think that's pretty normal.  I'm still curious to find out about the balloon effect while dreaming.  It's happened to me at least three times, so I've become suspicious of what's really happening (physically or spiritually).  Write back if you have other thoughts!

Grenade01

I guess I'll mention that most the time when I get this effect
its either warm out, or Im taking a warm bath and meditating
i feel like my aura is expanding several feet away or something

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

reclining orb

I've had this happen during sword-fights and other dreams but only rarely.
My sense is that this happens during a dream that's like a video game.  What I mean is that in video games only certain moves are allowed; in some games you only go left to right in 2D.  Others allow movement in 3D, but you are still limited by the moves "programmed" into the game.  This balloon sense, imho, is one error mode when you try to make a move that's not in the physics engine of the dream.  Like using an XBOX controller to play a playstation game, ok?

I can sometimes snap out of the balloon state by just relaxing (no inputs on the controller) and observing how the people in the dream are moving.
Then I have no problem if i move the same as them.

I don't know, that theory may be wrong, but the procedure has worked for me. Best wishes!

lucid dancer

Am I alone here?     I've experienced this effect a few times.  I'm pretty sure that it's related to projection somehow.  I've noticed there are a few patterns happening.  This balloon effect usually takes over me interupting fast movement (flying, running, fighting,etc.).  It feels like you fall fo the ground in a clumsy way and bob around uncontrolably ...like a balloon losing helium.  After trying to control it (I never succeed), I wake up.  I've also been interupted with a spinning effect.  I was in the middle of a sword fight, and began to spin around slowly in a clockwise direction.        Robert included the balloon in one of his dream entries ...AD.  He didn't explain anything about it. Darn!