News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Was it a dream?

Previous topic - Next topic

holy reality

i don't really agree with the concept of a mind split myself, i haven't found any reason to believe in one yet...

so...

Don't take everything he says as absolute truth, it's easy to "fall asleep" and then "wake up" into paralysis immediately afterward, I did it 3 times last night....

I would have projected but I was delaing with a "neg" that wouldn't leave me alone. I talked to it eventually and it said some really strange things.
!..............!

Hapsmapit

Dear Crazy C:  From my own experience, the paralysis you experienced is the first sign that it is now time to leave your body.

crazy_colombiang

quote:
Dear Crazy C: From my own experience, the paralysis you experienced is the first sign that it is now time to leave your body.

Really???? WOhooooooo!!!!!!! I am getting closer!!!!!!!!

Its the first time that I feel that way ever.

I also felt somekind of pressure on me. Thats the best way I can describe it.
It was really weird

beavis

Mind split does exist. It usually happens to me around the transition time from body to out of body (even if I dont get fully out, which is most of the time). I was aware of my body and other places at the same time.

vulcanpimp

well dream paralysis is  maybe not a good thing. It is generally when you fall into dream sleep without falling asleep. You have fallen into a trance like feeling.

I know when I had this i saw it as a good thing - connected with pyschic stuff and spiritual devel;opement but it can also be linked with isolation and depression.

kozzi

Sounds like classic sleep paralysis.  It's frightening at times, but there's nothing wrong with it.  It's my opinion that there are too many wackos involved with this stuff that might tell you that it's an ominous sign to experience certain things.  It's only their fear and their sometimes mixed up interpretation of an experience.  There are times that I've left my body and I didn't like it.  so what!?  There are also times when it's the most wonderful experience ever.  Have fun man, and try not to let these guys force you to read too far into your own experiences.  There aren't any boogy men after you. :-)

Kozzi

holy reality

quote:
Originally posted by beavis

Mind split does exist. It usually happens to me around the transition time from body to out of body (even if I dont get fully out, which is most of the time). I was aware of my body and other places at the same time.

But the way RB describes "mind split" is that you literally  have two different minds, and y ou might get stuck in the physical one while the astral wanders off doing things...

I know you can be aware of the physical and the dream/astral at the same time, but I hardly call that mind split, you are just you... you are still thinking and perceiving, you are just somewhat tuned into your physical environment while you're off doing things, or you are in the process of waking up.

I don't believe it has the slightest bit to do with your mind copying itself, etc... it's YOUR mind, it always is, your point of consciousness just changes, so to speak...

Do you see what I'm saying? Yes you are simultaneously in your bed sleeping but that doesn't mean that while that is going on, there is another COPY of "conscious you" sitting in bed, paralyzed, going "man, why didn't I project?"

That just seems kind of nonsensical to me, IMO. Different parts of the mind are turning on/off and your body's physical senses may or may not be filtering into your dream environment, depending on if you try to focus in on it or not.

yes it's still there, and there is a part of you (ala unconscious) in control of it and it's functions and it is, sort of "hearing" things, but it isn't like a whole different YOU residing in your body while you are out of it....

at least, I don't think so.
!..............!

crazy_colombiang

I remembered that i was paralyzed on my own bed but i was kind of sleeping in a way .I was sweating, when i tried to wake up my body felt normal, then when i fell asleep i felt my body paralyzed again.
I don't have any idea if it was a dream because Robert says that when you feel that, is because you had an instant OOBE but you don't know it because  you didn't exerience the mind split.
That night i couldn't fall asleep so easily, it took me a while to fall asleep.
So anyone has any idea of what I had???