News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Do you ever dream you are someone else?

Previous topic - Next topic

tickleberries

I was wondering if anyone else experiences this. I'm sure probably a lot of people do but no one I know seems to dream that they are not themselves. I've been doing this off and on for years. These dreams are not lucid but very vivid. My dad is someone who remembers many of his dreams, as I do, and he thought it was strange when I told him about this. I know some people believe in reincarnation but I am not sure if I believe in that. My old beliefs have kinda fell away after some of these experiences with out of body and lucid dreaming.

Recently, I was a female child in a class and my teacher was keeping me after school to help me. On another day I was some type of sociologist or something studying people in a small village with an old matriarch that didn't like me (who ever I was) LOL. I was not me. That was a long dream. Sometimes I am a man or a boy. In this reality, I am a woman and it's a bit weird sometimes. Sometimes, I have a different husband, completely different kids, and it's almost like being part of a movie. Since I have been working on lucid dreaming and out of body experiences (which I am far from mastering) these dreams have become incredibly vivid.

Do you have these kind of dreams? 

Summerlander

I dream that I am other people too sometimes.  I once dreamt that I was a spy.  Sometimes I even have different memories in dreams which have never happened in waking life...this is very very interesting indeed.

blis

Happens to me quite a lot.

Some of them I'm convinced are past lives. The memories and backstories are just too detailed. I suppose they could be other people's memories that they've decided to share with me though.

But some are just dreams. Last night for instance I was Jack Reacher - a fictional character from a book.

I've been Lisa Simpson before too. That was an odd one. It went between third and first person and was still a cartoon while in first person.

tickleberries

Quote from: Summerlander on July 17, 2011, 13:11:19
I dream that I am other people too sometimes.  I once dreamt that I was a spy.  Sometimes I even have different memories in dreams which have never happened in waking life...this is very very interesting indeed.

Exactly. In one dream, I had the memory of losing a child. I was very distraught in the dream. I never lost a child. I have two sons but the child was not my current children.

It really amazes me of how detailed some of these dreams can be.

tickleberries

Quote from: blis on July 17, 2011, 14:33:06
Happens to me quite a lot.

Some of them I'm convinced are past lives. The memories and backstories are just too detailed. I suppose they could be other people's memories that they've decided to share with me though.

I grew up being taught against reincarnation. Now I'm not so sure anymore. I'm starting to think that I have lived some of these dreams. I can't believe how much my beliefs have changed since I've been watching my dreams close up.

I get the goofy dreams too. LOL, One time I was a female Doctor Who flying around in my Tardis. That was a fun dream.

Summerlander

Let's not start jumping in excitement and say that some are past life memories. The unconscious mind is quite capable of concocting false memories as it spontaneously churns out the plots. It's not that some are dreams...ALL could be just dreams. Being detailed scenarios is no excuse to start saying it's something else. Let's not undermine the brain and all its amazing myriad connections.

Boom

Cant say I have.. I've always been me in a dream. However I have dreamt that I was a girl! !I had female sexual organs! lol. I've also dreamt that guys have tried it on with me! urghhk!!

In one dream I was actually pregnant and was going to give birth. I remember that one very vividly. As I was in a beach bar and this girl was being proper nice and helpful helping me to deliver this baby.

I think I woke up before I actually gave birth though haha

c0sm0nautt

All the time. I think it's natural. Perhaps we are these people in other realities.
Check out my blog @ http://astralsun.blogspot.com/

Jilt

I was just listening to an Esther Hicks workshop where she said that sometimes when we dream we 'drop in' to other beings' consciousness to experience something different since we are connected to the stream of 'all that is' when we sleep and are less differentiated.

I sometimes dream I'm someone else but more commonly I'm me with entirely different memories and knowledge (as if I'm experiencing an alternate parallel reality).

Last night I dreamt I was in a comedy show with Seth Meyers (from Saturday Night Live) and we did a 15 minute set that was really funny. When I woke I realized I somehow came up with all those jokes myself which blows me away (have also dreamt of amazing art galleries, original symphonies, poems, movies, I'm somehow tapping into creativity that is normally not accessible in my waking state which gives me hope that I can do so someday).

tides2dust

Quote from: tickleberries on July 16, 2011, 00:21:24
I was wondering if anyone else experiences this. I'm sure probably a lot of people do but no one I know seems to dream that they are not themselves. I've been doing this off and on for years. These dreams are not lucid but very vivid. My dad is someone who remembers many of his dreams, as I do, and he thought it was strange when I told him about this. I know some people believe in reincarnation but I am not sure if I believe in that. My old beliefs have kinda fell away after some of these experiences with out of body and lucid dreaming.

Recently, I was a female child in a class and my teacher was keeping me after school to help me. On another day I was some type of sociologist or something studying people in a small village with an old matriarch that didn't like me (who ever I was) LOL. I was not me. That was a long dream. Sometimes I am a man or a boy. In this reality, I am a woman and it's a bit weird sometimes. Sometimes, I have a different husband, completely different kids, and it's almost like being part of a movie. Since I have been working on lucid dreaming and out of body experiences (which I am far from mastering) these dreams have become incredibly vivid.

Do you have these kind of dreams?  

Hello. I know this is an old post, and I am bumping it because this is how I found astralpulse. I was searching online, trying to understand a recent phenomenon while dreaming. I will post more about myself in the introductory thread- thank you for having me. I have dreamt of being someone else. I wonder if the general sense of "I"-ness remains. In one dream I was a choir boy, in another, a girl crying to a monk. In another I am a professor. The phenomena that interest me, was re-introduced in an a few potent dreams in 2008. That is, "jumping" from one set of eyes to another.

The idea is, I am dreaming through someone else's eyes. In 2008 I am in Africa looking through the eyes of a tribal member and being taught a particular dance. In another instance I am on the shoreline and watching for intruders. A woman covered in seaweed emerges and is cut, bleeding. I am holding her and we are speaking french. I do not speak french but in this dream, I am certain we are speaking french.

Another example is a little more degraded in translation, cartoonish in fact. An older man was shouldering a type of bazooka with a glass bulb atop the rear which would contain our consciousness. The man explained to us(a group of people) that he would aim the device at someone and we could experience/witness through them. In yet another example I remember feeling a transfer of consciousness from being myself and then into another person.  

Without diverting too much, recently I've met a girl named Abigail in the astral who shared my body with me- or was it I in her body? The arms/hands were more slender than normal, and we were feeling so light. I remember her laughing as she learned my language which appeared to her as letters before us. In this experience we glided down the stairs out to the backyard and she taught me about OM and how to merge with OM. It was a joyous feeling, she raised her arms up and chanted and we slowly raised off the ground. She did it again and then we were being stretched out, vacuumed into nothing- merging into everything- an all pervading sound, vibration/creation.

I have also woken up in a dream that I am in someone elses body. For some reason I think it might have been my cousin, but it could have been anyone. It was very generic. I remember seeing snacks on a table, and a woman walking in asking about the night before. I think in this experience The feeling was as if I had woken up from a night of partying.

Well I have so many more moments that I would love to share, and I am hoping to take my experiences further. I am looking forward to reading from others here and to be in a like-minded community. Briefly, I will say that in my college years I would get sleep paralysis, unknowingly, and after a bit of research try to recreate that experience to induce an out of body. I have one OBE I remember having as a child. It was very natural, one of my only ones where I was not first asleep. I have always loved my dreams, as early as I can remember. Through out the years I have learned more about hypnagogia and while I have the interest I believe I've lacked the discipline to carry it further. Also, if I am ill-prepared I still get intense fear. I do wish to be over that. So, here I am... And on this thread, I believe "jumping"/witnessing through the eyes of others or dreaming you are someone else entirely is somehow related to the astral experience.

Kind regards  :-)
tides

Lumaza

Welcome to the Astral Pulse, Tides!  :-)

Quote from: tides2dust on December 07, 2020, 23:54:22
I do believe this "jumping"/witnessing through the eyes of others or dreaming you are someone else entirely, is somehow related to the astral experience.
Yes it is a Astral or what we call NP (Non Physical) experience and believe it or not, what you experienced is quite common. It happens to me quite often. I just see these as some kind of "parallel universe" experience. They are quite strange though and I find it takes a few minutes to get your bearings. Passively observing to take in the scenario at hand is must there. I would find myself in areas where I don't know anyone there, but they know me. Many times I am being called by a different name than my own here in this realm and find myself in places, occupations etc, that differ as well. I haven't actually seen the form/body that I was currently in though, except for a few times in a refection in a window. Members here on the Astral Puise have shared how they would see themselves in a mirror and that the image/form they saw differed from their physical bodies.

I think more people would talk about this phenomenon more if they could just be consciously aware in their Dreams and return from them with the recall of said experience.. In the past, other members here have shared their parallel experiences as well.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

tides2dust

Hi Lumaza!

Thank you for your reply. Very interesting.  :-)

Xanth

Everyone does.

A dream is simply a non-physical experience where you don't realize you're dreaming.
You're essentially an actor in a play who doesn't know it's a play... you're the actor who thinks they're ACTUALLY PHYSICALLY EXPERIENCING. 

So whenever you're dreaming, you're not you.  You're someone else playing a part.
When you *ARE* you... that is what people usually call an "astral projection", or depending upon how much of *YOU* there is there, a "lucid dream".  ;)

omcasey

I am very rarely my Earth person in dreams, lucid dreams, projections, OBEs... I am almost always merged in the consciousness field of another entity/url].

EscapeVelocity

Personally, I'm not aware of any alternate reality lives in my dreams and that may have to do with what appears to be a near complete memory block of any prior or alternate current life other than this present one. I have seen evidence that the memory 'screens' are very effective in my case. With that said, in my dreams with any level of self awareness, I always know instinctively that I am ME, this fairly concrete and solid sense of ME...it just seems to always be there in varying degrees. I am usually the present ME, whether in a different environment just seems irrelevant. Other times, I am playing a part as someone else, but I am always present as ME.

My only true merging, I felt to be in my Fieldtrip experience, where I occupied the mind of an alien for a few minutes. In another Retrieval experience at TMI, I assumed the body of an Indonesian Emergency Aid Worker: small stature, thin male body, tan...that was a body-type that I instinctively took on in order to be believable and acceptable to the people I was retrieving, yet I was still ME.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

tides2dust

Quote from: omcasey on December 10, 2020, 00:44:25
I am very rarely my Earth person in dreams, lucid dreams, projections, OBEs... I am almost always merged in the consciousness field of another entity/url].

Thank you for that fascinating read.

And thank you all for the updated replies to this thread.