News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Do you want to start a Dream Journal?

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanth

Heya!

I want to toss out this to everyone here.

In an effort to provide some motivation for people and others who read them, if you want to utilize the Astral Pulse's "Welcome to Dreams" section for a Dream Journal, please do so.  I'll sticky any Journals that are made.  They'll remain stickied as long as they are  kept relatively up-to-date.  We'll say a month or two with no updates and I'll unsticky it, just to keep things neat and tidy.

And please, just one thread per person! :)
We'll see how this goes.

So please!  Create those Journals and PM myself or hit the Report to Moderator button on your Journal to get it stickied.

no_leaf_clover

This is an interesting idea.  I've been compiling some older dreams I recorded into a computer file that I'm planning to print off and bind into a small book.  I may post what I've compiled of them so far into a file this evening.  Of course just like any dream journal of certain length, there are some very personal things in it. :D   I've encoded these so they aren't readable unless someone who is very interested wants to sit around and try to crack their codes lol.

I think I have a slight amount of OCD when it comes to organizing computer files and folders and those sorts of things, and I'm just wondering if maybe it would make things easier to navigate if there was a sub-forum here for members' dream journals.  Or maybe that could be done if enough people started posting them here at once.  Just a thought.  I'm a member on a French spiritual forum and I've noticed that they seem to be almost obsessive about making threads for their personal journals for everything from dreams to philosophical thoughts to just what they do on any given day, with other members of the forum commenting from time to time, and that was interesting to see.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Xanth

Quote from: no_leaf_clover on March 25, 2014, 16:21:34
This is an interesting idea.  I've been compiling some older dreams I recorded into a computer file that I'm planning to print off and bind into a small book.  I may post what I've compiled of them so far into a file this evening.  Of course just like any dream journal of certain length, there are some very personal things in it. :D   I've encoded these so they aren't readable unless someone who is very interested wants to sit around and try to crack their codes lol.

I think I have a slight amount of OCD when it comes to organizing computer files and folders and those sorts of things, and I'm just wondering if maybe it would make things easier to navigate if there was a sub-forum here for members' dream journals.  Or maybe that could be done if enough people started posting them here at once.  Just a thought.  I'm a member on a French spiritual forum and I've noticed that they seem to be almost obsessive about making threads for their personal journals for everything from dreams to philosophical thoughts to just what they do on any given day, with other members of the forum commenting from time to time, and that was interesting to see.
Not very many people have taken advantage of it.

Likewise, on my own forum, I can create an entire subforum in the Journal section which only you are able to post in, but everyone can read it.  :)  Just another option.

Selski

Hi Xanth

I've started one - please would you sticky it for me. Thought I'd better do so, otherwise I'll just end up taking over the whole dream section!  :-P

Cheers!

Selski
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Xanth

Quote from: Selski on July 18, 2017, 04:35:23
Hi Xanth

I've started one - please would you sticky it for me. Thought I'd better do so, otherwise I'll just end up taking over the whole dream section!  :-P

Cheers!

Selski
It would be my pleasure.  :)

funfire

Hey I was thinking of making a dream journal. I was just wondering, could I include everything in a dream or should I censor myself a bit?

Xanth

Quote from: funfire on October 06, 2017, 06:23:36
Hey I was thinking of making a dream journal. I was just wondering, could I include everything in a dream or should I censor myself a bit?
It's a family-friendly website.  :)
Censor yourself however you need to keep that in mind.  hehe

Selski

I'm glad you asked funfire - I'd been wondering that myself. You can always keep the 'censory' parts brief without having to leave them out totally. For instance, I sometimes type that 'sex happened' which I think is OK. Don't add any nitty-gritty details though.  :lol:

I doubt that many people read personal dream journals, and especially younger members who seem to have the attention spans of gnats these days. If it hasn't got all-singing, all-dancing animation and games to play, then it's not worth reading...  :roll:

I hope you start one funfire - I shall look forward to reading it.  :-)
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.