News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Dream Journal

Previous topic - Next topic

Arie

Comments, questions welcome.

Last night I had quite an odd dream.  I dreamed I was in the backseat of my parents car, with both of them in the front seats.  I was with this girl who I liked a little bit a while ago, and I had to break this limitation of not showing public affection in front of my parents.  So I held her hand.  Right there, I should of definitely questioned whether I was dreaming. I hadn't seen this girl like in two years, and I was suddenly there in the back seat of my parents car with her. lol

I had this other dream the night before where I was in this big store, and I think I was looking for some type of medicinal herb, in paste form, which should of hinted I was dreaming also. I don't think there are many herbs in paste form, like in the bottle of toothpaste. lol  Anyways, I was looking down the aisle, I noticed something that really excited me. It was this energy product, I'm not sure if it was a drink, but it was in this cool looking cylindrical shape thing, but I think I thought it was too big or something and I was going to get a smaller version.  But I definitely thought it would be cool to drink like while running or something to up my energy.

Oh yeah, in the same store, I was cooking with that italian lady on the food network, I think her name is Giada.  Anyways I was cooking prosciutto and she said I put it on too soon. lol Of course, seeing Giada should of made me question if I was dreaming.

"I hear and I forget... I see and I remember... I do and I understand."

lily moonsong

the one of you with the girl in the car.. was probably a wish fulfillment dream. (wish fulfillment dream.. explained in detail in Sylvia Brown's book of Dreams)  your mind was playing out your desires so you can feel a bit happier in the morning...

the other dreams are trying to let you know that you need to eat healthier.  maybe study cooking as an outlet to be more creative and have a healthier body.

Arie

Yeah, that one dream definitely could of been a wish fulfillment dream. I am looking to eat healthier also, I was just thinking about that oddly enough. :-)

I don't really remember much from my dreams last night, all I really remember is that the setting of this one dream I think was in Nanjemoy, MD which is like rural area by the Potomac river.  I think that I was looking for something or trying to get somewhere. I probably have alot of dreams where I'm lost and trying to find somewhere, or trying to find something that I lost. I probably should of asked myself whether I was dreaming just being in rural MD because I'm hardly ever there. I was last there like two years ago.

Yeah... but theres something definitely blocking me having lucid dreams.  I think for one, is that when you have that barely waking consciousness in which you can remember your dreams... is that I force myself to go back to sleep because it's so pleasurable.  Another thing I think blocking me remembering more dreams is fear.  Like I'm lying in bed trying to remember a dream I was just in... and fear intrudes upon my memory.  I don't know... maybe I'm trying to hard... or maybe I'm afraid of remembering parts of the dream.  I think I may have inherited that fear from my parents and peers growing up. It does seem to be a common theme in our culture to suppress our dreams. Hardly anyone ever talks about their dreams anymore.

Oh yeah... another thing I learned last night... is that when you focus back on what you were just dreaming, you start to naturally go back into that dreaming consciousness and even that dream. I imagine LeBerge must of had that experience to which he then subsequently created that MILD technique.

Take care... anyone got comments?

lily moonsong

If you don't remember much of your dream.  Sit for a while and think about the dream in as much detail as you can without falling asleep.  Memorize it like you're trying to memorize a play for drama class.  Grab a pen and paper as quickly as lpossible and start writing down quickly everything you know.  Once the ideas start flowing, more memories will come to you that you didn't remember before.  This process of remembering supressed memories is called shadow memory recall.

Looking for something in a dream and trying to get somewhere may symbolize a goal or urge you have in life.  You are a little bit confused about where your life is going, or where you want to go, where you can go, where you've been in the past, where you're meant to go in the future, etc.

Soemthing that blocks lucid dreams, is lack of sleep and stress.

Also, if you don't write down your dreams when you first remember then, you are likely to forget them later.  So if you go back to sleep instead of writing your dream down.  That may be why you are forgetting them.  Make it where you get atleast the needed amount of sleep and give yourself extra time so you will be able to write down your dreams.  Keep a lamp, pen, and paper by your bed to make it more convenient, or maybe even a tape recorder. 

And yes, if you focus on the dream you just had, you can go back into that dream.  You can also use that technique to have lucid dreams.  You can do this by thinking of the dream you just had, and running the events thru your mind like a movie, but this time, imagine yourself in the dream as being lucid.  When you fall back asleep, you will be in the dream again, and you will be lucid.

Arie

Hey Lily Flowa!

Good Advice. It just hasn't really worked for me. I've been desiring to have ld's from years now. I have LeBerges new book and I had his old one a few years ago.  I think I just really like to sleep. That's my problem. Countless times I could have remembered my dreams in vivid detail if I just chose to stay awake. Except almost unvaryingly I choose to go back to sleep. It's just so pleasurable. lol My normal time span of sleeping is 10 to 12 hours... I sleep too much.

I'm not really sure what to do. I thought coming here and talking about it would help... but not yet. Let me try to recall some settings for my dreams. I had one in Maryland, which my family has a river house. I had one in this big store. I remember one on a river. I remember one in/on the ocean. I remember one in this prison type place. I recall one on this grassy plain like in Scotland or something.  I don't think I have too many happy dreams also. lol  But then again my emotional states in waking life aren't always positive. There is usually and underlying tension and anxiety throughout the day. 

I also think techniques for lucid dreaming are highly individual. Like one person develops a personal technique... and then they try to make it fit for everyone. I don't think it works like that.  There must be certain general drivers/causes as to why people have lucid dreams. I would rather find out the principles rather that focus on specifics... I know this because I have already failed many times trying to follow specific techniques. Know what I'm saying?

lily moonsong

You just said so yourself that you choose to go back to sleep rather than staying up for a while to remember your dream and write it down.. so how do you know if it works for you or not, if you haven't tried it yet?  You can still go back to sleep after you write it down.  Just discipline yourself a little more, and you'll have more success.

I agree that eveyrone is different in what works for them, but if they don't stick by their plan and techniques, then they can't expect success.

Arie

I have done it before, I just don't think it's for me.  Imo, I would rather just remember and express my dreams here rather than writing it down right after I remember it.  I think it's really a matter of keeping the whole idea in my consciousness and clarifying my concepts on dreaming and ld's.  How many ld's have you had? What was your best one?

I think I will have them in the future, I just have to be a little patient. Adios :-D