News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Dreaming about Core images

Previous topic - Next topic

Sampson

Hi,
I can sympathise with you regarding the unwanted thoughts, I often have upsetting spontaneous thoughts similar to you, things that I would never dream of acting upon.

The thoughts seem to spontaneously spring into my head as if from nowhere, almost as if some evil person or being had forced it upon me, the thoughts never seemed to be generated by myself but external.

The first thing I would try and instinctively do would be to try and repress the thought, which I now realise was probably the worst possible thing I could have done as it just served to give the thought more importance, this in turn would become more upsetting resulting in me trying to suppress the thought again and again, this would continue going on for days often spiralling into a miserable self perpetuating gloom.

The best advice I can give that works for me is to become a spectator or observer of your thoughts, let them play out in your mind watch them passively and let them pass, try not to be upset, annoyed or provoked by them and try not to repress them either as this just seems to add fuel to them which only makes them stronger.

I hope you don't mind me explaining a bit about how I came to change my way of thinking about these nuisance thoughts but it came about in a rather bizarre way.

A few months ago I had an unpleasant thought come into my head that my grandfathers grave was being desecrated or vandalised, this thought came into my head in the form of a vision, the thought was very upsetting and I had no idea why such a thought would just pop into my head, more so because I never met my grandfather.

A week later, my sister who lives in England had tickets to visit an audience with the spiritualist medium Derek Acorah, out of about 500 people my sister was one of 5 people to be spoken to.

Derek, on speaking to my sister gave her my first name and asked who I was, she was very shocked as it was the first thing he said to her, he then proceeded to give her my grandfathers first and middle name and his profession.

My grandfather told Derek that he had seen that I had been very upset in the past few days but that I would take a new path and that things would change from that point forward, the reading was quite remarkable and changed the way I think in more ways than one! After this I read a few books on thoughts and how to work positively with them.

The dream you had could be a result of thoughts that are occurring in your waking state, these are then played out and acted upon in your dream state, the cast, setting and time etc of your dream could be your subconscious's/higher self's way of helping you with your struggle with these thoughts.

If you aren't already try keeping a dream diary and review your dreams regularly, also try and keep a log of dream symbols with a comment explaining what you feel the symbol or character represents.

Sorry to have gone on for so long, take care, I hope that you manage to tame those unwanted thoughts.
'To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.'

William Blake ('Auguries of Innocence')

G3MM4

OK thank you for your advice, I will try and stop trying to repress them. They do tend to come out of the blue. I had a very similar thought about my grand dad when I was thinking about my gran. I have heard of Derek Accorah, I have a book about him.

BTW I'm not clear on what core images are meant to be exactly... the reason why I mentioned core images was simply because I heard someone say "core image" twice in my dream when I saw a sexually explicit image in the dream.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. - Dr. Wayne  W. Dyer

Please visit Astral Planet.

Sampson

In Robert Bruce's 'Practical Psychic Self-Defence' he say's:

"A core image is a is a subconscious trauma image memory that generates negative energy, and Negs use these to influence people"

I personally don't know where these thoughts come from or how or why they manifest, but I certainly wouldn't disregard the above, as I don't have a definite answer at present myself.

The book is very interesting reading and goes into further detail with methods on how to tackle the 'Core Images'.

Like I previously mentioned, these core images in my case seem to die off or disappear if they are not paid the attention or are deprived the energy which serves to keep them recurring or alive so to speak.
'To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.'

William Blake ('Auguries of Innocence')

G3MM4

Well looks like I'll be ordering the PPSD book then...

Thanks for explaining.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. - Dr. Wayne  W. Dyer

G3MM4

I had a weird dream, details found here: http://www.astralplanet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=24&sid=439cc8a31e72ded5bbcd1d02c6c29d48#24.

So what does this mean? Does it mean I have a neg attached to me or something. I get unwanted thoughts quite a lot, to do with anger, sex and violence. I'm not a naturally violent/sexually extroverted person, so what does this mean?