News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Environment in LD

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik

Hello everyone,

Last night I had a dream where I hit a parked motorcycle while driving an old car of my youth and hoped that nobody saw me.
I fled but not by car but on a bicycle and because of this weirdness I became probably lucid.

This was the first time I managed to change my dream environment. Progression!  :-)
I was cycling along bushes and had the idea to change the color of the leafs from green to purple and it happend!
All trees and bushes became purple. After this I thought, yeah but this is only a dream environment so I flush it away and I am going to do something different.
The scenery disappeared but instead of a void I expected, I came into another scenery.

I stood before a big square with a kind of temple. The building was grey, had the massive look of Fort Knox with an ancient Greek/Roman facade of pillars.
On the square was a statue of some kind of deity. It were two deities integrated in one in the style of Egyptian mythology.
It is hard to me to put this in English but it had a stern, authorian atmosphere. There were no living beings out there (except the deity maybe :-))

Then I woke up.
This temple confused me. In no way this could be something out of my imagination. I have no special interest in temples or Egyptian mythology.
The quality of the scenery puzzled me, it was as sharp and detailed as in 'real' life but it is not an existing building I am aware of.

My question is to more experienced LD'ers.
Are this kind of LD's common?
Should I intepret events happening in LD's the same as 'normal' dream symbolism? Like water, something met emotion etc?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Kind regards,

Erik

Nameless

Hi Erik, Now you are getting somewhere. The first portion as you clearly recognized was indeed lucid dreaming.

To the second part I can of course only speak to my own thoughts. I have had nearly the exact same happen. Sometimes like you following a lucid dream, sometimes from a fully awake conscious state and sometimes from a state of meditation. Each and every one of these experiences have revolved around ancient deities, temples, statues, maps and symbols. These were not created in my mind. Some could argue higher self and all that but I don't know. I feel this comes from 'other'. Specifically why? I don't know. Perhaps only to remind us of our roots or show us something that will one day make sense.

You ask if you should interpret as normal dream symbols and my answer is it won't hurt to try. Remember to follow your own instincts. Having said that I will say I have done that and while it can be done I've come to realize these particular experiences might not be so easy to translate. Might be better to ask yourself some questions as you contemplate the experience.

How did it make me feel, during and after?
What did the colors mean to me?
Smells?
Other physical sensations beyond site?
Did there seem to be a message, repeating thought?

Don't question to hard, be gentle and allow all of your senses to remember the experience. Sometimes we are 'gifted' with insights and knowledge we weren't looking for. :-)
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Erik

Hi Nameless,

Thanks for your reply!
I think you are right and have to follow my own instincts and wait for more to come.
When I think about it, it took me years to understand the symbolism of 'normal' recurring dreams. Some are universal, some are personal.
Some dreams are just the scientific explanation of processing events of te day.
Sometimes I am still puzzled.

I have a nice addition,
I was looking for a temple structure on the Internet and I found exactly the building of my dream:
The National Archives in Washington D.C.
It's really weird, this is spot on the building in the right colour. It has also that authorian impression where I talked about.
For your information, I have never been in the U.S. in my life and was not familiar with this building.
What I do know is that in the U.S. Greek/Roman facades are popular so I was looking for U.S government buildings, banks, palace of justice and so on.

The only thing is that there is no square and no deity statue.
To stay in American mood, maybe it was a totem pole (more deities in one statue).
Maybe does the statue exist somewhere else  :-),

I am going to look for it.

Love this journey!

Regards,

Erik

Nameless

Well now I have thoughts but will keep them close for now as you explore. Interested in what else you discover.
Very well done. Your quest is clear, enjoy the journey :-)
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.