News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Flying in a Lucid dream

Previous topic - Next topic

Reality

I have been flying in dreams quite a few times, but those were in dreams where I didn't realize it was a dream.

A few days ago I actually realized I was dreaming/out of body whatever! And when I did I thought...time to practice flying! Nothing happened, tried to jump up a few times and get a grip in the air..but failed miserbaly..

I think I woke up/warped to a less concious dream after that again...

thelou

"Curiously, more than a few dreamers
(most likely city-dwellers) have reported that they sometimes
find an obstacle in the form of electrical power lines that
seem to prevent their passage."

All the time :(

It used to be a huge deterrant... I wouldn't go near them... I'd fear them...

But I realized part of lucid dreaming and all this stuff I"m doing is to over come earthly burdens such as fear... it's like the Matrix.. remove yourself of all doubt...

THANKS HOLY REALITY!

I used to have major fear issues with that.  I wanted to overcome them but did not know what would happen if I hit one, so I was afraid to try.  Now I know it is ok, I plan on flying straight for them!

Thelou

What ever the mind of man can conceive, and believe, it can achieve.  Napoleon Hill

There is no spoon.

Life is a dichotomy within an enigma, based upon dogma affecting karma...... Or my dogma ate my karma....

jedibratt

If I could do only one thing forever it would be to fly....
[;)]
I'm currently learning lucid techniques to increase my fly time. I love flying, I can't get enough of it. My only problem is that I become aware only when I'm in mid flight, which usually happens when I realize that I am way too high. That means that I don't know HOW to fly just yet. It might happen by jumping off a swing which just happens to overlook a forest at the top of a cliff. I just ascend and keep flying higher, when, I guess I look down and then my stomach feels exactly like it does when I ride those massively tall and fast roller caosters. At that point most of the time I begin to fall down and land hard, but ok. Sometimes I find myself just heading straight up through skyscrapers. The strangest was when I was holding a clothes hanger above my head, and then I began to float up, but I guess I realized the silliness of the situation, and then began to descend. The interesting thing about that, was that by the time I realized I was losing my flight capability, I begin to THINK about ascending upwards again, and I did manage to float for about ten feet more. Then I woke up. [B)]

galacticsurfer

I have had several flying/lucid dreams since starting on writing my dreams down  a month or so ago. On last Friday Morning I just projected myself into a picture of a hypnagogic image and it turned into a film instead of a picture and I was flying above the people on a basketball court for a few seconds.

On Sunday morning I was in a dream  sitting on the ground in front of a house and just started slowly going upwards, my legs underneath me. I flew around over people's heads(there was a sort of party going on) and tried but failed at first to fly to the clouds above. I tried again and managed to reach them and tested going through them, how the clouds felt and so on. Then I saw a really dark cloud and thought I would go through it but I could not. It was pretty solid. Iwas suddenly again sitting on the ground and went back inside the house. All the people were gone and I asked how long I had been gone.

I think maybe the dark clouds are subconscious problems I have to get at. Old memories or deep set attitudes. At any rate after worrying about these problems half the day the rest of the day I felt really relaxed and without stress or time pressure.

My problem with Lucidity is that I hardly ever notice it is a dream directly through logical reality checks. Either I fly or I do not and otherwise I do not get it.  

A few weeks ago I got angry in a dream as I was being attacked and I just flew away as I had the suspicion the whole time that I was in a dream( I was blocked in that dream by building cranes from going higher).

The more I do this the less the lucidity is threatening or stressful. But now although noone is attacking me like that my subconscious problems are still blocking me(clouds).

I thought of taking a sword to those clouds afterwards during the day like RB described. This might do the trick with other blockages other people have as well.

The absolutely coolest flying dream I had was last summer when I was not into lucidity or writing down my dreams at all. I had just seen a while before Matrix reloaded and Matrix for the first time. After a fight with a man who I thought would kill me or something I just put my fist up like Neo and flew straight up and over the big city and the people looked up and thought I was Superman. I then landed in some isolated place by a big dam and met with UN officials and important world officials. Now that really was just a dream. No one in their right mind would think that sort of stuff when lucid.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
There's more than one way to skin a cat.

tro-flow

Yo, I had just had the greatest experience! I was in the same dream as that of a friend of mine.
I was teaching him to fly, and I did that only by showing him what I did with my energy, i was flying on my lower dantien. And he just felt it and immidiately he could also do it. I spoke with him the next day and he told me he had the weirdest dream, which to him felt like I was in it and he told me exactly waht i dreamt but from his eyes seen. Even what we wear wearing and what the erear looked like.
It was no coincendce, cause had been out in the cuty together the hold day and practically had done the same things. So we were on a same level.

I also clearly remember that the color of the energy in the dreamworld we were in was orange, like that of the second chakra. And i lost control of the dream we were in, so felt myself falling into my own dreamworld, kinda waking up, where in my own room, still dreaming, and the erea was kinda red, like the first chakra. And then I really woke up. It makes sense that the chakra's each have their own reality. Because it's the first chakra where out daily issues go to, and where we dream about to process them, but when you have nothing to process you enter the second. Get what I'm trying to say?

Please respond.

tro-flow

O yeah

If so, would that mean that when dreaming in the 7th chakra, your dream would stand equal to reality and you some kind of Neo? Heheh

Asif

Flying is definitely fun in lucid dreams.  If in a lucid dream, I am indoors, I don't even consider flying.  But if I'm outside, I almost always decide to fly.  When I do fly, I generally try flying up towards the skies and going beyond it.  Generally, I can't reach it though or if I do, I don't see anything of interest.  One time I just saw an empty giant arena.

However, today in a lucid dream I had this morning, I went beyond the clouds and saw a building.  It took a ton of will power to be able to hold the dream that long and fly past the clouds.  I had to pass some kind of barrier to reach the "Sky Land" and I didn't think I was going to make it.  I almost collapsed when I entered the building.  I went into a room and quickly talked to the people there. Since I knew the dream was about to end, I asked them to let me return there on my next lucid dream.  

Fortunately, in my next dream I was in that same room.  The professor was speaking in Chinese and someone was translating his lecture into English.  And the students in the class told me that it was the year 2041 and the school's name was "East India University".  Very random, but I know dreams can become pretty crazy.

Well, just thought I'd share to this topic!

Nick

One of my favorite Astral Projection books is The Projection of the Astral Body by Sylvan Muldoon & Hereward Carrington. It was written in 1929 but remains a classic. In the book, Sylvan Muldoon details how he began his astral travels. He indicates that the way he remembers beginning his astral adventures was during sleep. He said that one of his favorite methods was to project astrally when he knew he was flying in his dreams.
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lickerish

Well often when I'm flying in dreams I'll do something like jump off a balcony or out of a window and I always come back up again after falling a few feet.
It's just like that natural buoyance one has like when they they jump into a pool feet first like off of a diving board and come back up again.
From there I'll start flying around similar like to when I'm in a pool and then start swimming around.

RooJ

hey all.. I had a great flying experience today.

I was dreaming that i was walking in my street, after a few seconds i realised and the world suddenly sharpened as it does when you become aware in a dream.. i could see clearly the brick work on my neibours house etc.. Instead of jumping and willing myself to fly, which usually just frustrates me, i just began running towards the house and with complete belief i said "i can fly" and took off in superman pose..
At first i began drifting up almost uncontrollably.. but i wanted to fly properly and began to imagine propellant coming out from behind me (took the form of blue jet streams spiralling out from behind me).. i suddenly began to get faster and higher.. i was half expecting white space when i got higher than the houses but there was non.. just houses tree's, roads etc as far as the eye could see.. i then really did pickup speed and height.. the land was just flying by below me.. id estimate well over the speed of sound.. i decided i wanted a low fly-by of houses so began dropping in altitude but i got too low and bang.. hit a house and woke [:D].

The moral of the dream, dont spend your dreams TRYING to fly.. just know you can and do it (dont even think about it). [:)]

RooJ

AndrewTheSinger

Have you noticd you can fly better and faster when you're holding something in your dream hand? [:(]
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

greatoutdoors

Nick, thanks for such a nice topic! [:)]

I rarely have flying dreams anymore, but the ones I've had in the past have all been great! In one dream companions were asking me how to fly and I told them, "It's really easy, all you do is jump up and kick your feet hard." Then I proceeded to do it.

The thing I most remember about these dreams is the way it feels to really fly -- the air against your body, the feel of cloud mist, a difference in pressure when you're flying and when you're not. I have a theory that you won't realistically dream something you've never experienced -- the "set" might be there but the physical sensations will not. Maybe I was a bird in another life. [8D]

You folks have convinced me to work harder on the lucid dream techniques. I've had no luck so far, that I know of anyway. But I would love to be able to fly whenever I wanted to.

Lickerish

Well just recently I had a dream that I had a visit from my old buddy Superman, the color one from the 1950's tv series.
I was just practicing my takeoffs on the sidewalk on the block that I live on when suddenly out of nowhere he flies up to me greets me and says he's got some more pointers for me.
I was rather surprised because I though I had already learned from him everything I needed to know about flying.
He asked me to show me my take off form so I did and I ran up a few feet jumped, and pushed hard off of the ground taking off soaring at an angle at least 30 stories of more.
But oddly enough when I did I noticed that my right foot I would sort of tuck behind my left calf for a moment before straightening out both legs.
Superman told me that this wasn't neccesary and took up time doing the extra  move.
I land again and then he takes off in front on me and shows me how he keeps both legs straight during lift off with me taking off at the same time with him side by side studying his form.
He would also take off with me and watch mine as he patiently tutored me in a very proffesional teacher like manner even though we both are good life long friends.
But I seem to keep tucking my foot every time out of habit when I took off it was so annoying.
However it was so cool to feel all of the great power behind the thrusts as I took off feeling the wind around me, seeing the ground blur and the feeling of weightlessness.
Maybe towards the end I came closer to gettting it right but I think I just got tired of the exercise so I eventually flew off elsewhere in the dream.

Selski

When I was little I used to fly like Superman in my dreams.  

Nowadays when I get lucid, my thoughts tend to automatically turn towards sex...

Lickerish - that's a very interesting name.  That's all I'll say on the subject!

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Kazbadan

Fly....so beautiful! My favorite dreams are flying dreams. I even have a postion for fly (i make a chair posotion with my body, strange). They are beautiful. I love to fly. That´s my main reason (ands some more 2 reasons) for want to learn obe.

Selsky: sex? hmmmm...tell more about your dreams. Are they good?! lol, kiding (of course they are good, sex is good). You must teach me that because i wanna have lucid dreams related with sex. How can i induce a lucid dream?
I love you!

AndrewTheSinger

It looks like I'm the only professional flyer around here. [V]

Kazbadan

?What do you mean by that?

In dreams i am a pro flying [:)]
I love you!

AndrewTheSinger

I'm kidding, I just thought someone would relate. I have friends who have also noticed they can fly better when they are holding something. Some even said that their ability to fly depended on that object.

Kazbadan

Strange. I never heard about flying with objects. I had once a dream in wich i started to un very fast, but the faster i run the slowly i would be. SO, at some point i was stopped in the same place, but running. Suddenly, my effort to run was so big that i started to lift in the air!

Flying dreams are for shure some of the best ones!
I love you!

Selski

Kazbadan - sex in lucid dreams is just like sex in real life - it feels utterly realistic.

As to how to lucid dream, I dunno, it just happens to me at times.  Reality checks are a good way.  Every 15 minutes say to yourself 'Am I dreaming' and really stop and think whether you are dreaming.  After a period of time, your subconscious will start saying it while you are asleep.  So, in a dream, you will think 'am I dreaming'.  Hopefully, you'll then realise you are, and then you can grab the nearest male/female (depending on preference [;)]) and get on with it!  You can even 'create' a person.  Great fun.  

I'm sorry this is a bit off-topic, but I'm only responding to Kazbadan.

Hi ho.

Kazbadan

sex in lucid dream it is so good as in real life? Are you  shure? maybe real life is 10 (from 0 to 10 in a pleasurable scale) and lucid dreaming is 9?! what do you think?

have you shure of that? maybe you say that because you never make real sex before [:D][:D]...lol, just kiding.

Well, if you have shure...let me start praticing it!!!

[:P][:P][:P]

About flying: do you think that is so amazing to fly in dreams, like in the real life? Maybe i would like as much as lucid sexual dreams...
I love you!

Selski

Sometimes, it can be better because you can morph people into who you want them to be, and change the size of their body parts...[:O][:O]

Sarah

Kazbadan

quote:
Originally posted by Selski

and change the size of their body parts...[:O][:O]

Sarah

Looooool![:D][:D] you are a bad girl!
I love you!

Nick

Flying dreams is the reason for this interesting website:

http://members.aol.com/caseyflyer/flying/dreams.html

Very best,
Nick
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lickerish

I must say Nick that this has been a most delightful topic and I'm glad you picked it!
As for Selski I know you were wondering about my name.
Actually it is the name of a  cute little beanie black puppy plush toy thats made by Animal Alley and can be found at Toys' R' Us and is like so totally adorable.
As for me and Superman, well lets just say that maybe some of our encounters may have tended to be more romantic at times but thats a totally different conversion geared more for another topic!