News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Flying in a Lucid dream

Previous topic - Next topic

galacticsurfer

I have had some LD flying experiences. Recently I was floating around inside a house/building and doing interesting maneuvers(turning easily on my axis). This was during my vacation where I was always in the swimming pool an hour or two every day so I was used to "floating" and moving like an astronaut in space. This is an Interesting variation actually on the usually flying feel.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Adkha

Yes I believe these kind of things can have some influence on your dreams and also your LDs. It's getting dark earlier here now and I think my dreams are more often in a dark enviroment like in de evening.
I hope to have some new cool LD experiences soon.
Psycho Paradoxical

SSJPunisher

I had a lucid dream two nights ago and I did some experiments like breaking marble railings and levitating like 20 feet. Last night, I had like 7 lucid dreams and I really messed around like flew onto buildings and all. I thought I was going to slow when I was flying so I landed on the ground and I just blasted off into space. It felt like an instant I was in space. I wanted to go back down so when I bolted down to Earth, I felt like I was sinking back into my body. What do you think that was when I re-entered my body and do you think I am getting the hand of lucid dreaming?
"And this is to go even further beyond!" -SSJ2 Goku

muppetgeoff

I have experienced for myself, that 'style' is totally irrelevant; as I am usually non-physical, until I 'see' myself. So I am never aware of what 'form' I have taken in my dream, until I look down at my 'body' and it's just there!

At the end of it all, we are experiencing a plane of existence that is based on pure energy. The 'physical form that is our body, only exists in the physical plane. The Energy form can be anything we create, and it manifests itself such.

Most people fly 'Superman Style' because their minds shape their non-physical form to one that they can logically equate to the flying ability.

I dare say that the 'Lotus Position' works well for some, as they see a reality of spiritual enlightenment in that position, and equate it the the ability to fly.

For me, anything goes, because usually I don't even *have* a body to form or propel around. It's just 'me'.

I hope that makes sense

And please everyone;

We get nowhere by fighting with details.

Share your experience; everyone else's is just as valid as your own.

Warm regards,

Geoff

Edit- Thanks Geoff, and sorry for the edit. There have been several posts deleted above. As you've mentioned, this is a topic about experiences, not a debate over what "style" someone thinks is superior. Any such posts will be deleted, and all members are invited to read the forum acceptable use policy. Regards, Nick

Blackstream

Quote from: muppetgeoffI have experienced for myself, that 'style' is totally irrelevant; as I am usually non-physical,

At the end of it all, we are experiencing a plane of existence that is based on pure energy. The 'physical form that is our body, only exists in the physical plane. The Energy form can be anything we create, and it manifests itself such.

Most people fly 'Superman Style' because their minds shape their non-physical form to one that they can logically equate to the flying ability.

Share your experience; everyone else's is just as valid as your own.

This is all I was trying to say, and you said it better.  I appologize for any dissent I contributed to.
There is no spoon

Leo Volont

Quote from: experimental

So to me , if i m haveing a dream and i start to fly in that dream, and become aware i m dreaming at the same time , and take some form of control over that dream , then i m expereinceing a type of > lucid dream projection ?

Can anyone relate to a simular expereince ?

regards    Experimental

What you describe is a fairly typical Lucid Dream.  Once a person becomes Lucid, it becomes almost impossible to hold him down -- EVERYONE enjoys flying in their Lucid Dreams to some extent, although many women prefer to have promiscuous sex with random dream characters (it would wake a man up to have sex, and so men generally learn to eventually avoid having sex in their lucid dreams).

Also, you reference to Lucid Projection brings us a great controversy in the Field.  Many people insist that Astral Projections are simply Lucid Dreams disquising themselves as Out of Body Travel... just as Lucid Dreams can give fairly convincing instances of 'False Awakenings' -- this is where the Dream has the Dreamer 'wake up' and go about his ordinary daily chores only to suck him, eventually, back into the Dream.  Similarly, the Dream is thought to conterfeit an Astral Projection so that the Dreamer will no longer be insisting to himself that he is "in a dream".  Apparently the Dream Creator, although sometimes willing enough to let the Dreamer become aware of his state, is jealous of control and sometimes simply wants the Dreamer to take the Dream Scenarios at their Face Value, and this can't happen while the dreamer is reciting to himself "this is only a dream... this is only a dream".

My advice, with Lucidity,  is to fly around for a minute or two, and then allow yourself to descend into whatever special Dream your Dream Creator has been keeping back for such a special occassion.  Or... what I have been doing recently is setting up Lucid Dream Checklists in whichy I try out a new Mantra or new means of Meditation.... it is when I begin to do these new Mantras or Techniques that the Very Special Dreams are triggered and allowed to play out.  Again, I recommend that you do not attempt to spoil these Special Dreams by attempting to hyjack control and changing them while they are fleshing themselves out.  Use your awareness only so that you may respond most wisely to the choices given you during the Dream.  Remember, that the most important dreams are Tests -- made not so much to be understood, as to be responded too correctly.

Leo Volont

Quote from: AsifI had to pass some kind of barrier to reach the "Sky Land" and I didn't think I was going to make it.  I almost collapsed when I entered the building.  I went into a room and quickly talked to the people there. Since I knew the dream was about to end, I asked them to let me return there on my next lucid dream.  

Fortunately, in my next dream I was in that same room.  The professor was speaking in Chinese and someone was translating his lecture into English.  And the students in the class told me that it was the year 2041 and the school's name was "East India University".  Very random, but I know dreams can become pretty crazy.

Well, just thought I'd share to this topic!

Wow!  Nice.  It is the first indication in a long time that something will survive the year 2012.  Apparently in the year 2041 there will be a Sky Land in which there will be a East India University where Chinese Professors will be giving lectures.  It surprises me, though, that in the next 35 years no greater emphasis is put on establishing a Universal Language.  English has gone a long way in that direction; however, many of the contructions, syntaxes, spellings, etc... in English are definitely more complicated then they need to be, and certainly many of the other languages have wonderful words and expressions.  If made King of the World I would heard the Linguistic Scholars of the World into a Large Room and not let them out until there is a New Universal Language, remarkable for the ease in which its fundamentals can be learned, but rich in its list of nouns and whateve unique modifiers can be found existing already around the world.

galacticsurfer

I flew again night before last in a lucid dream and tried to go through walls but woke up. In the next dream I thought I was awake on the way to work and was flying but thought it would be good to practice flying in real life so I would be more easily lucid or able to fly in my dreams. I always think I am different or special when I fly in dreams nonlucidly and nobody notices me flying and nobody else ever flies with me. everybody but me is normally walking. In the 3rd dream I was very lucid but did not try to fly as I was completely focused on examining my parent's house and being with my family(I do not live there anymore). I even told my brother he was sleeping and clapped my hands before his face a couple of times. Who knows? I should ask him if he remembers being in such a dream with me where I clapped my hands. Maybe he did wake up just then.

About the universal language. I read a little while ago that many of the 3000 languages on earth are dying out. Every few weeks or something like that another one dies out (or 3 per week I forget) as only a few old people speak it. So maybe some sort of universal language will be there by default in a couple hundred years.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Eol007

Quote...There have been several posts deleted above. As you've mentioned, this is a topic about experiences, not a debate over what "style" someone thinks is superior. Any such posts will be deleted, and all members are invited to read the forum acceptable use policy. Regards, Nick

Just to reemphasise Nick's words - I have deleted the last couple of posts.

Nothing personal implied!

Regards,

Stephen

experimental

On the subject of Lucid dreams, or flying dreams , i m lucky to have them  from time to time . My last encounter flying in a dream was another usual 1 a few nights ago .

What generly happens in my casefrom time to time  is that , i l suddenly come to  awareness at 2 or 3 in the morning from sleep time  ( semi -con ) , and get the vibrations  feelings  for a split second , then i l find myself always in a dream of somthing happening . I know its a dream because theres somthing being played out in the dream which i generly percieve  around my awareness .

At some point in the dream whilst i m aware i l begin to   float upwards and hover in the air  looking down on the activities in the dream . I then always speed off  through the skies floating in all directions, marveling at my ability to maintain flite awareness  ( note : I always have to concentrate on the flying otherwise i start to  fall downwards ) , but these days when its happened i feel i v focused that much on the flying that i v left some sort of energetic reflection maintained in that enviroment , it seems every time i re enter a flying dream, it is becomeng easier to maintain gravity .

As soon as the dream has finished i rush to the computer and logg the dream in my  dream journal to try and  break down  how much more awareness i am gaining in the dream enviroment .

It seems on further scrutiny that my dreams  reflect my desire to have a astral projection , which never ever happens when i intend on it happening , but due to reading roberts  first book ( astral dynamics ) and applying the new energy ways b4 i fall asleep, it makes me wander  wether that raised etheric energy has  delibritly been channeled into my lucid dreams to give me awareness  into the dream , instead of that energy becomeing waisted  due to not makeing a consuios exit out of body .

It makes sense when i think , because when your raising the energy ( the secondry sections )  ( then the primary sections ) , b4 falling off to sleep , you have stimulated your energetic body , so instead of haveing a OBE or trying to have 1 thinking you may fall asleep b4 you attempt a exit , you might aswell channel that raised energy into another specific area .

To test this idea, i delibratly channeled that etheric energy into  my imagination to try and slip into a lucid dream through directing that raised energy into  the dream scenario , funny enough i  did  have a dream that i remembered due to this thinking , so i m gonna keep applying this method to try and stregthen my lucidity . Delibritly channeling the raised energetic energy around my  body awareness into dream re-call

Experimental

geoff

A unique Avatar to be sure :)

Selski

Quote from: Leo Volont

It is the first indication in a long time that something will survive the year 2012.

I had a Special Dream in March of this year, where I became lucid, but rather than flying off somewhere, I stayed with the dream.  My main thought was that I MUST remember this dream, due it being a very important one.

In essence, I was told the date of my death.  And interestingly, the date is a valid date, not some gibberish like you usually get with logic in dreams.

I don't really have any interest in what events may unfold in 2012, because I'm not going anywhere until 2030.  

Perhaps I'll be the only one left on the planet...  :shock:

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Adun

During school days i don't lucid dream much because i go to bed thinking "oh crap tomorrow i have to get up early", now that i am in christmas holidays i lucid dream almost everyday :D

In a recent lucid dream an old man told me that my life would change and have more "adventure" sometime during the first six months of 2005..
I don't know well what he meant by that but lately i have been thinking that life here on earth couldn't be more boring lol

Revolutions

I was coming into this forum to make a post about this, so I'm glad I found this thread!

I have been having flying dreams for about half my life. I've had at least fifty (that I actually remember and have written down- there are countless more that I've since forgotten). These dreams all seem to connect together, like an ongoing story. Many of them have recurring themes, and a couple of them fit together like pages in a storybook, adding onto events that have already happened.

As I have been having the flying dreams for such a long time, within the past year or so I have been experimenting with becoming lucid while in them. Now, most of the time, I can become lucid and control almost everything in my dreams. It's a bit like directing a movie; a couple of times, I have stopped a scene and started it over, because I didn't like the way it was going.

There are lots of other details, but I'm not going to ramble on. Any thoughts on these weird dreams?
.~*Revy*~.

Vector 9

i need to fly more in my dreams but am doing so much more, it is so much fun... falling is the best.lol
i found a very affective way to fly,... fall...
sounds odd but in dreams try to feel the ground, feel the gravity of that astral plane and then mentally flip it behind u, u should feel ur self to fall backwards then when ur falling at high speeds turn around.

u know the slow running sceen in peoples dreams i found a way to beat that... thun arond...run... backwards... and if something be chasin u, look right into its face and laugh...lol

Vector 9

if u can try them..... tell me if the wor or not..please

RD

I'm not sure if you should get used to this technique, since in the end it seems you should be able to fly by sheer willpower.

But anyway, here's my novice technique anyway:

I'm always able to fly with this one. I spread my arms and let the wind push me up. Like an airopleane, with the diffirence that I can lift up in a vertical manner. I also turn/rotate my arms backward when I want to fly higher and I rotate them forward when I want to excellerate slower or to go down. I can really feel the wind when I do this. I'ts, for me, a technique that I can always use.

BahBoon

The best technique for me to fly is believing i can fly.

Nick

Posted by BahBoon:

QuoteThe best technique for me to fly is believing i can fly.

That's it exactly!  :)

Very best,
Nick
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Elnihd

I would just want to tell that I have had on numerous occasions flown with a broom or American vacuum-cleaner and by sailing in the air upon a nylon wing. But most of the times I just run of from the ground and take of. Sometimes I run on the walls and roofs of houses like in Asian movies, that is really fun. :) Brooms has good steering(and is also good to keep focused and lucid), one only has to drag it to point in the direction one wants to go.

MrBurgo

I have also been having these dreams of flying for years since early childhood.
Somersaults, backwards, xcellent fun   Weeeeeeeeeeeee :D
Today Is A Gift, Thats Why They Call It The Present!

Nick

Posted by Mr. Burgo:

QuoteI have also been having these dreams of flying for years since early childhood.
Somersaults, backwards, xcellent fun Weeeeeeeeeeeee

They are indeed great fun!

Very best,
Nick
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nick

By way of an announcement, the AP team (Adrian and the Moderators) just opened a FAQ forum. It's an information only forum, and there is a section there on Lucid Dreaming.

Regards,
Nick

astralpwka

Although I started a new thread on my flying attempts, I thought I should add my technique here as well.

I realized I've been trying to fly all wrong. I've always tried to lift up off the ground, similar to levitation. I found it is far easier to fly by going head first forward, similar to a Superman pose. I don't know why this is such a big deal, but I had absolutely no problems last night when I tried it this way. I denied gravity easily, and was able to do any type of stunts or go anywhere with no limitations.

yormie

i feel thats its a psychological thing , there is no method that works best. Its just about convincing yourself if you are having dificulty. I dont even remember learning to fly in my dreams its just something that ive found myself doing.