News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Flying in a Lucid dream

Previous topic - Next topic

SnakeDoctor

i love flying!

last time i flew in a dream, i went right up to a commercial airplane, flew along side it. looped the right wing soared past the cockpit and landed some where in middle  in Nevada desert. fought some aliens in hand-to-hand and woke up.

AsparagusBerry

I have had one fully lucid dream that lasted (what seemed like) 5 minutes. I tried flying, and was successful, but I couldn't keep myself up because I don't think I really believed I could. In other, more frequent dreams I bounce very high and far, and land softly on the ground...I am usually aware I am dreaming in these dreams, but my actions are harder to control. I like the bouncing dreams, they're really fun, and I often bounce around cities, and off of buildings.

AsparagusBerry

lol, I forgot that I replied to this thread already...and said exactly the same thing...

midix

Quote from: AsparagusBerry on May 07, 2009, 18:04:50
lol, I forgot that I replied to this thread already...and said exactly the same thing...

Lucid deja vu?  :-D

Shifter

Figured I post my flying ability.

When I was younger, I was always able to hover or levitate. I would sit down and cross my toddler legs in a pretzel and concentrate. I would find my dream self levitating up in the air. But since I was so young, I was scared to go so high, but found myself doing so anyways. If I didn't go back towards the ground, I just flew straight up and remember waking up after that.

During my kid ages, I was able to...glide, is a good word. I could fly around willingly (within city/town limits) but found myself getting swept up in certain air tides and/or currents. It was like riding an invisible, unpredictable ride. I always had to guide my landing to land where I wanted, it was probably 60-70% control.

As a teenager, A whole new set of abilities came. I was able to hover, levitate, fly, etc.. even while having a non-lucid dream. I remember several instances from super jumps, walking the air, etc.... During my teens, this ability was VERY active, probably once a night or more. There are far too much dreams to count on my behalf of me doing these things.

Now, (I'm 18), I remember a few NEW experiences. I will be flying the WORLD. There would be like mini regions below me, showing different kinds of houses. I've had these in my teen years, but their more vivid now. One of them was the CLEAREST ever. I felt so different. I was in a zoo (dreaming), but I was trapped by animals and wanted to get out, so I flew out and up. Next thing I know, I'm on top of the world, the water, air, and sky were so DAMN CLEAR! The zoo below me had even changed, Penguins and birds flew around me and I could see a stray animal taking up it's own beautiful island like region. It was amazing.

their seems to be less of them ,but I've been trying to astral project every day, and I guess my attention is strayed, or I'm, just not remembering properly. I haven't had a lucid dream since I tried to AP, so I don't know. But I know when I do start to lucid dream again, I'll have more than enough control over my flying ability, and now that I've been reading up on OBE, I'll for sure try to use that flying ability to have an OBE.

Domintheos

General question to everyone.  Have you ever had that "roller coaster" feeling in your stomach when you fly in the subtle realms?

Xanth

Quote from: Domintheos on September 15, 2011, 13:36:06
General question to everyone.  Have you ever had that "roller coaster" feeling in your stomach when you fly in the subtle realms?
In the non-physical?  Not that I can actively remember, no.  :)

Szaxx

Hi,

That's a good question. If you had the intent to feel this, then its a possibility.
The alternative is it was a lucid dream.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

embrace

I very often fly in my dreams. Almost every time it makes me realize that I'm in a dream.

eaglevision

Quote from: embrace on March 01, 2012, 01:00:47
I very often fly in my dreams. Almost every time it makes me realize that I'm in a dream.

exactly the same happens to me from time to time.

last night i was flying pretty recklessly, not having died after a dramatic fall made me realize it was a dream

Colin1710

Hi I would love to share my main OBE exp with yeas , I only got interested in OBE phenomenon after I experienced my first spontaneous projection , and honestly if I live to be a thousand years old IL never forget it ,
I didn't even know anything about obe or the sort before this happened to me , I remember been out about flying which is very common in my dreams but suddenly I had a deepening remembrance it was like Total Self Remembrance I knew about my form and identity back in normal life (don't know how else to put it) and it was relatively small in comparison to this sense of knowing that I was experiencing , anyway does anyone remember the film total recall? remember the red mountains of Mars ? well that's as close as I can describe the scenery were I was flying , there were others with me watching me helping me adjusting flying maneuvers , he he and our laughter echoed with laughter as we did AL types of maneuvers from red mountain to mountain I was also telleporting. I didn't see any type of body we all seemed to look like wind / energy or something and I felt very close to these people like real close friends that new each other beyond the senses , and I remember thinking threw out this experiences I WILL NOT FORGET ABOUT THIS and I never will , its enough to keep me on the quest for self mastery / discovery for the rest of my life :)
honestly Ive have some strange and exciting experiences in my life but they AL pale in comparison to this astral experience it is beyond words

Namaste

Read more: http://unlimitedboundaries.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=apexperiences&action=display&thread=48#ixzz1yKkxhcIU

Lionheart

I would like to share a Flying experience I had yesterday during a vivid Lucid Dream. As soon as I saw I dreaming, I took control of the scenario. Bad idea, lol. I was flying high in the sky and enjoying it, doing barrel rolls all kinds of fun things. I saw a neighborhood beneath me, so I decided to land. The next thing I know I was sitting down at a picnic table with a man and a woman in their backyard. Anyways, we started talking about Hawaii. I had lived in Hawaii for 5 years of my "real" life. We were talking about exotic drinks and I brought up the Island Mai Tai. She had never had one before. So, I said I'll back in a bit, I figured I could make it to Hawaii  and back in no time at all, since I was controlling the event. I went to to fly, but I could only make it up so far. I ended landing on their neighbor's rooftop, skipping off it and then I crashed down to the ground right in front of a group of teenagers. I could hear their excitement when they saw this. At first they thought I was a UFO, but then they realized, when I had finally crash landed down in front of them, that I was human. They then started walking towards me. I got up and went to fly again, this time I got caught in a bunch of hydro/telephone wires, spun around and landed on a apartment rooftop. Now this apartment was adjoining another higher apartment and when I landed on the roof, I saw there were 2 police officers there that were talking to a group of people. Possibly due some other complaint, the Police saw me and gave chase. I ran to the end of the roof, jumped off, crash rolling to the ground. I then got up and ran down a alleyway. Once I finally knew I was alone, without any eyes on me, I tried to fly again. This time it was successful, I hit Mach speed in seconds. Then I woke up. I never did get the Mai Tai, lol.

Szaxx

Hi,
Nice share, made me laugh.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Lionheart

Thinking about this more today I saw a number of possible problems here. First off I was talking about Hawaii, like it existed. I thought I could fly to it in seconds, because in my reality it existed, but possibly not theirs. I knew I was in a dream so I could fly, but they didn't know I was dreaming so were amazed by this. My perception of reality was definitely not shared by them. Everyone was reacting wildly to seeing me flying. I couldn't see the expression on the 2 people at the picnic table I was talking to because I was facing away from them, but I'm sure they were astonished as well. I could hear the teenagers though and I could see how excited they were. The Police also responded by chasing me. I must have been in one of the Focus levels that strictly matched the physical laws here on Earth. I didn't give it flying a second thought when I did it, but next time if I do come across this scenario again, I will do further experimenting with this concept.

Xanth

Quote from: Colin1710 on June 20, 2012, 07:56:10
Hi I would love to share my main OBE exp with yeas , I only got interested in OBE phenomenon after I experienced my first spontaneous projection , and honestly if I live to be a thousand years old IL never forget it ,
I didn't even know anything about obe or the sort before this happened to me , I remember been out about flying which is very common in my dreams but suddenly I had a deepening remembrance it was like Total Self Remembrance I knew about my form and identity back in normal life (don't know how else to put it) and it was relatively small in comparison to this sense of knowing that I was experiencing , anyway does anyone remember the film total recall? remember the red mountains of Mars ? well that's as close as I can describe the scenery were I was flying , there were others with me watching me helping me adjusting flying maneuvers , he he and our laughter echoed with laughter as we did AL types of maneuvers from red mountain to mountain I was also telleporting. I didn't see any type of body we all seemed to look like wind / energy or something and I felt very close to these people like real close friends that new each other beyond the senses , and I remember thinking threw out this experiences I WILL NOT FORGET ABOUT THIS and I never will , its enough to keep me on the quest for self mastery / discovery for the rest of my life :)
honestly Ive have some strange and exciting experiences in my life but they AL pale in comparison to this astral experience it is beyond words

Namaste

Read more: http://unlimitedboundaries.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=apexperiences&action=display&thread=48#ixzz1yKkxhcIU

Oh hey shaman!!
Dude, nice of you to join us here too.  :)

Lucids

I had my 2nd lucid dream ever the other night and I flew.  I kept having trouble though I would take off and get up pretty high then just start to come back down.  I couldn't seem to sustain it very long and I couldn't go very fast I kept trying to get more speed but just couldn't make it happen, was frustrating.

ChopstickFox

There is a form I take within most of my dreams. Probably 95% of them since I was young, no joke. I am for the most part myself, but on my back are a pair of bat/dragon-like wings. I have a long thin tail and my feet end in talons. My legs are shaped a little different, too. More animal-like I guess. My usual form within dreams is very useful because when I fly it is almost like it's physical. If I had human legs they would probably "break" from the force of landing. This way, they absorb the shock. (Darn you science!) Whatever, I've taken that form for so long, it doesn't phase me that I look strange. For an example, the recent dream I shared of being in male form and female form at the same time, I was in this form.

Anyways, when I was very young I was aware of the wings, but I could never fly. It wasn't until high school that I could make even short flight. I would literally, once achieving lucidity, set up a grassy field and practice. But oh, man, I was so proud of myself when I did. I always had to keep in mind the air around me and the wind. The feeling is exactly as I would imagine flying. And I get tired too, if I strain myself too much.

Now it's pretty common for me to fly and I don't think much of it. It never fails to amaze me even if I am flying away for my life or defending myself. But it's work! It's been a lot of work and I can't just float around! (unless I am OBEing, then I'm a big fuzzy human floating mess, lol) Flying does not necessarily make me realize that I'm dreaming.

I saw that someone mentioned teleporting. Now that is the coolest feeling! I've totally gone nightcrawler style a few times!
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

eskimoswim

i flew in an LD for the first time ever this morning; however, it was short lived.

I had to wake up for work by 6:45am, and naturally woke around 5:43am. I decided to sleep that extra hour. During that time I had a dream where I was chasing a man in a black suit with a hat into an office building. I lost him inside and then found myself in the parking lot. For some reason I couldn't leave the parking lot. Invisible barriers or walls prevented me form doing so, like in a video when you can not go outside of the map. I voiced that such a thing was stupid and ran and jumped in the air. I was floating upward. Finally. I struggled for a bit, even flapped my arms like an idiot to maintain balance. Once I got the hang of it, I was flying over houses. I wanted to see my own house, but thinking about it caused me to experience false awakening and I then entered a regular dream.

I'm about to take an afternoon nap and hopefully do it again.