News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Forced Hypnagogic Lucid Dream. Worked my first time. New Technique?

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucid Pirate

I'm not sure if this already exists but it worked well for me last night. Please reply and test this out a few times. It worked for me my first time, so it's worth a shot.

Steps:

1 - Relax your body, specifically the eyes.
2 - Go to sleep any time during the day for any amount of time.
3 - After waking up, look at the images behind your eyelids.
4 - Stop focusing on your eyes and relax your body as much as possible.
5 - Repeat steps 3 and 4 about 5 times.
6 - If you don't see any type of imagery, go back to step 1.
7 - If you do see imagery, try to turn what you see into a set of numbers, letters, or a simple geometric shape.
8 - Focus on the center of the shape and strain your eyes until the shape is crystal clear.
9 - If done correctly, you should be lucid. If not, stop straining your eyes and go back to step 1.

Expanded Version:

Quote1 - Relax your body, specifically the eyes.
Starting at the feet, systematically relax your body while lying in bed. Contract then relax your muscles, working your way from your toes to your head. Any type of relaxation technique will probably work, but that's what I did. Don't lift heavy weights because you don't want to excite your body.

After relaxing your body parts, start on your eyes. While your eyelids are closed, do the following pattern of eye movement. Do each one about 15 times each, then move on to the next one. Quickly move your eyes left to right, then roll your eyes clockwise, then rapidly move your eyes up and down, then roll them counter-clockwise. Don't count them out, just use good judgement. Don't do this more than twice. You don't want to strain your eyes too badly (yet).

The main key to this technique is having your eyes as relaxed as possible. Waking up from a brief period of time will also be beneficial.

Quote2 - Go to sleep any time during the day for any amount of time.
I'm not sure if this is really necessary. I fell asleep after relaxing my body and eyes, but I'm not completely sure if you HAVE to fall asleep. I would think that it would be helpful in relaxing your body and eyes, but who knows?

Quote3 - After waking up, look at the images behind your eyelids.
Do this for around 15-20 seconds. Just try to keep your eyes as still as possible by passively observing the imagery. Don't worry if you accidentally move them, but do try to keep them still. Also, don't strain them trying to keep them still. Just relax them and you'll be fine.

Quote4 - Stop focusing on your eyes and relax your body as much as possible.
Shift your attention from your imagery to passively observing your body's sensations (tingling, heaviness, etc.) Do this for about 10-15 seconds.

Quote5 - Repeat steps 3 and 4 about 5 times.
Depending on the intensity of your imagery, you may have to do this less than 5 times. You'll be looking for sweeping lines of white or similar light that start off slowly, but then sweep more rapidly. THIS LINK will lead you to a site that reproduces the effects of what you'll be looking for (WARNING: may cause epileptic seizures). Once you see this type of imagery, move on to step 7.

Quote6 - If you don't see any type of imagery, go back to step 1.
It's fine if you don't see anything. Different people have different bodies, and yours may not work while doing this for the first time. Don't try to do steps 3 and 5 more than a couple of times because you will probably fully wake yourself up. If it doesn't work for you, just go back to sleep and try again when you wake up.

Quote7 - If you do see imagery, try to turn what you see into a set of numbers, letters, or a simple geometric shape.
Don't think too hard about creating an image. It may make the imagery and the sweeping white lights disappear. This step is best done if you're half awake half asleep, sort of in that state when most people drift off before falling asleep. If you catch yourself drifting off, that's a good sign because you're preparing your mind and body for the next step. The more this state is prolonged, the better. Don't try to see the image clearly yet. Just let it stay blurry and move on to the next step.

Quote8 - Focus on the center of the shape and strain your eyes until the shape is crystal clear.
I'm not exactly sure on how I did this step. I think I was in the middle of step 7 with the white sweeping hypnagogic imagery and drift off, then I started seeing numbers. I saw the number "1200" (probably because of my 1200 level English course exam I had taken the previous day) but it was so blurry I could hardly read it.

This is where I'm not 100% certain on how I proceeded. I can do the vibrating eyes trick (LINK on explanation), and when I saw the blurry number "1200", I unconsciously strained/vibrated them to make the numbers as crystal clear. This took all of about 2 seconds. When they were as clear as possible, I immediately went into the dream. It's like at the moment I started straining my eyes, my visualization went into overdrive and just took off.

I'm not sure if this part can even be done consciously. If so, it will require much practice and effort to figure out exactly what to do and how to move your eyes.

This will not work every time. In fact, most of the time straining your eyes will make the imagery and sweeping lights disappear. However, if you can catch this at the right moment, your thoughts and imagery will all come together and let you enter the dream.

Quote9 - If done correctly, you should be lucid. If not, stop straining your eyes and go back to step 1.
At the start of the dream I had a false awakening, BUT I was lucid from the moment that I woke up. I immediately went from room to room in my house looking for a dream character to speak to. I wanted to ask them to bring me to my subconscious so I could directly ask it to remind me to become lucid in my future dreams. I didn't do it this time because I ran out of time before I woke up.

Anyways, I'm guessing that false awakenings are common for this technique. I very rarely have FA's, so this one was a surprise. From the moment I woke up, I was completely lucid and in control. In the dream I was so focused on going around my house and using my dream control to turn on lights so I could see, that I totally forgot I could just spawn a dream character on my own. Oops! :roll:

I had around 15 minutes of dream time but when I woke up after the dream only around a minute or so had passed. I woke up after realizing that my dream body's eyes were in pain. When I awoke, my eyes stopped vibrating/straining and I had a horrible headache the entire day after. I think the lucidity only lasts for as long as you make them vibrate, and I'm not even sure if it was actually a dream. It may have been some sort of extreme visualization into my subconscious.

This technique CANNOT be done more than one time a night. After your eyes strain for that amount of time, you wake up with a bad headache, and you are fully awake. I couldn't fall asleep for the next hour (granted, I was trying to reproduce what just happened for about 30 minutes).

Let me know what you think. It seems that I used a combination/variation for LD'ing up to step 8, but I haven't seen the eye straining on anything else before.
If you have any need of a dream interpreter or anything similar, PM me. I'll try to help you out.
And if there's something strange in the neighborhood, don't call Ghostbusters. PM me and I'll attempt to guide you through your problem.

Xanth

Phasing with the Noticing Technique... or as some call it, a WILD (wake induced lucid dream). :)

It's a good one.
Grats dude!