News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Had a really awful dream, need advice urgently :/

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

If this is in the wrong forum then feel free to move it or whatever.

Basically I had a dream that revolved around the fact I was definitely going to die. I don't have any indication of myself dying in real life, but in the dream it felt like I knew I was dying. It was based around this forum. At the beginning we were on a boat and it was really bad weather, it was raining and windy and the boat was sinking. That's how I definitely knew I was going to die in the dream, but because I was in the dream I assumed it would only hurt for a few seconds so it wasn't too bad, until the second part of the dream which revolved around me dying of bloody cancer.

The next fragment I could actually remember was talking with my mum in the living room and asking her if I should reincarnate, and she replied saying I should leave it for a bit first. Then I started crying because the knowledge I was definitely going to die was overwhelming, and she gave me a hug saying it was going to be okay.

The fragment I can remember after that was when I was looking down in a park-like setting outside what seemed to be a church, and somehow I was also posting a question on this forum asking if I would keep my consciousness straight after dying, and I got a few replies saying how ridiculous the question was and I got anxious sarcastically saying sorry for asking for clarification (in the dream, still).

That was the last thing I remember before I woke up. It took a few seconds for me to actually realise that it was just a dream and there's a possibility I might not die.

So I'm just wondering, is this common?

Made O pHI

Sounds to me like this could just be a fear of death in the physical, even if you don't realize it.

I sometimes think my friend is going to die (idk why) and the other night I had a dream where he sat down to tie his shoe inside a party where the host ended up killing someone (at least this is what everyone in the dream was yelling) and I followed everyone as they ran outside. so in my mind (after I woke up) I began to think, "Ohh this must be a sign he's going to die because he sat down right in the party where the murderer is". But I don't truly believe that, I think its just my imagination playing with me and trying to have a little bit of fun.

There's nothing to fear, everything will be okay no matter what. Death isn't bad or good, it's just part of our evolution.
"Do not allow yourselves to be disheartened by any failure
as long as you have done your best."
~Mother Teresa

Szaxx

Hi,
Don't worry about it. If its a common dream it means a change or rebirth of something connected to you and what was prominent in the dream.
As far as being killed in dreams, get used to it. Its not that common but they can be fun. At first you'll probably not want to sleep, when you keep waking up in the morning, you get to familiarise yourself with it. Thats when you can go lucid and have some real fun. I'm talking from experience as I had this stage in development when very young. Its a change and the end results depend on what your particular 'gift' is.
If its a one off then ok. You've had one and felt its reality, its power and the emotional effect is has on you. Thats a bonus as most dont quite get this far. They wake up out of fear. If you're somewhat experienced in oob travels this fear problem won't apply.
Keep us all informed, especially if you have more very often. It could be your natural spiritual side awakening.
Be strong and view them as a start of a new you.
You can PM me if this is really bothering you, I have some answers to certain aspects and many answers to one particular 'gift'.
Sleep tight.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Mini stapler

I've died countless times, in many different ways, even killed myself once... try not to analyze that one too much  :lol: But for me they have seem to come up most frequently when things are changing in my life that I am aware of - so I second Szaxx, from my own experience, on his comment -

Quote from: Szaxx on July 13, 2012, 16:26:40
If its a common dream it means a change or rebirth of something connected to you and what was prominent in the dream.

If a one off though it does sound a bit like an anxiety dream about a future event, in a situation you perceive to be chaotic and out of your control that you can not escape, the boat in a windy raining setting, that you perceive as not going to end well at all for you, the boat is sinking and you KNOW you are going to die. Again with the dying of cancer, both scenarios involve future possibilities with the sense of knowing the result is going to be bad - do you reach the conclusion of death in either scenes, I wasn't sure from post? Asking questions and being ridiculed, and as its in your dream it is actually you doing the ridiculing, obvious thing to say would be anxious about asking for help, though not here, but from others that mean something to you in your psychical life and a worry about how they will judge you...

Personal symbolism, in your heart what does death mean to you, what does cancer mean, boats wind and rain that scenario. I don't believe anything in a dream is just random, So I really think it is possible to understand your dreams on a deep level if you can hunt down how the symbols relate to you.

But then this is my perception of it, as if it were my own, so holds little weight  :roll: but I wouldn't worry about them, like I said you get used to dying, I'd take a blunder guess and say we've all already died a good few times in 'reality' but just forgot that it isn't that bad!  :wink:  :-D

Jdeadevil

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll post here if anything like this happens again. If anything has spawned it, my depression has been really bad recently and death has been on my mind, but drowning in a sinking ship or cancer wasn't on my mind.

Mini stapler, yeah I reach the conclusion of death in both scenes, the fact that Cancer is curable doesn't even cross my mind.. I feel bad typing this because there's a picture of my aunty next to me (I'm at my mum's) who sadly passed away from it, so.. :/

Lionheart

When I am down and depressed my Dreams represent this to a "T". I had a PM with Xanth a while ago where I stated that I was getting frustrated with life. Well for the next 3 days in a row I had Lucid Dreams pertaining to this. Actually I found myself twice waking up not being able to breathe. For some reason my brain was not sending the signal to my lungs to breathe. This experience showed me the "value" of life. It really woke me up and took me out of my "woe is me" frame of mind. Since then, I haven't had any more of those bouts with depression. It's like the song the band Cinderella wrote, "Dont's know what you got, till it's gone!" These words are so true and pertain to everything in life, including life itself!  :-)

Mini stapler

Quote from: Lionheart on July 13, 2012, 18:55:27
It's like the song the band Cinderella wrote, "Dont's know what you got, till it's gone!" These words are so true and pertain to everything in life, including life itself!  :-)

Yeahhhh, truth right there. I know for me that was a lesson learned the hard way! But a lesson learned none the less!

I knew a lad who managed depression for a while, but he rarely even see's a flicker of it nowadays. For him, it came down to allowing his perceptions to be more free flowing and being less rigid in thought about things, which led to his emotions no longer running rampant and in-slaving him in unbalanced states, like prolonged depressions. Not to say he doesn't get down or sad, which he doesn't see as a negative thing any more, he just doesn't let it run wild, he just sees his emotions as another tool to experience, and as any other tools he doesn't let them run the show, and he found an effective way for himself, to be reasonably content.

And if in doubt, he says, ask "who is this 'I' that is feelings depressed?"  :-P