News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

How high can you fly??

Previous topic - Next topic

Hephaestus

Whilst lucid dreaming ive never really got higher than the clouds but def higher than houses and large buildings. [:)]

Blackstream

In one of my lucid dreams (of like a total of 3 or 4), I looked up to the sky, made a thought that I wanted to go to outer space, and promptly shot up like a rocket (speed wise).  I saw the color of the sky starting to change, signaling that I was getting pretty high up.  Then I suddenly stopped because I no longer wanted to go up.  When I looked down... I dunno.  I was probably about the height of a large skyscrapper off the ground, as there was a huge building next to me.  Oddly enough, I found flying DOWN (when I decided to go back down) much harder than flying up.  I had to basically let myself fall I think.  I have no doubt that if I had kept going I would have flown into space.
There is no spoon

Colin

I can fly pretty high, but I haven't been to space- never thought to try. I learned how to fly gradually over the years, so at first I just coasted over the ground, then flew about one story up, then started gliding from heights, and eventually learned to fly pretty much like Superman. I learned how to fly, just like learning any other skill, over time through practice. Funny how that works out.

Nagual

Many times I have to "fight" to get higher...  It takes me quite a lot of concentration/intent/will at first.  Then, something changes in me and it becomes almost natural; even too fast sometimes.

Last week, I was having a very light (like 5% lucid) lucid dream.  I was in the middle of some hills.  I decided to take off, but I was as usual stuck at 20 feet off the ground.  I insisted, but I was tensing my legs (it even felt like I was tensing my physical legs).  I tried to relax them and work more with my intent and... pffff!  I took off like crazy.  I was looking down and it was more like zooming out (with some kind of "1 second pause" in the middle.  After 5 seconds, earth was like a dot.  Then I zoomed in on the moon, but it ended up not looking like what it should have...
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Blackstream

That could very well be, that flying in lds is a skill.  I have been flying in dreams, lucid and non lucid, since I was a little kid.  I started off by flapping my arms like a bird (lol), then off of a suggestion from my dad, started flying superman style one day.  Usually I fly close to the ground, and I only fly when I'm just not moving fast enough for my tastes, lol.  Occasionally I'll also fly when my dreams try to "imprison" me in an area.  Like if I'm in a tight urban area, it seems that no matter which path I take, I can't get out and I'll even loop back.  So then I'll take off into the sky and get away that way :p  I rarely fly more than like 2-3 feet above ground however.  Sometimes my prefered way of movement is "jumping".  I've been known to jump like a mile up at once, though more than 100 feet is usually too much :p  Jumping down (from high building or something) is more fun than jumping up anyways.  But both give me a feeling of power that flying just doesn't give, hense why I like jumping.

But to be honest, I never considered that I would be held down in a lucid dream, thus I never am.  Your expectations are your experience and all that.  In one of my first lucid dreams, I was influenced by something I read in a book that said that when I first tried flying in a LD, I might fail the first few times... i.e., hover for only a second, or glide back down, or just jump.  I let that influence me, and sure enough, my first jump didn't succeed.  But with some encouragement from a dream girl, I was off an flying like no ones buisiness.

Furthermore, I like to run through things I wanna do in a dream, in my minds eye.  The way I figure it is, if my conscious mind can produce an effect, then my sub-conscious sure as hell can do it, and 100000x better at that.  I've yet to not be able to do something that my conscious mind could do that my subconscious couldn't do.  I've opened doors in the sky from far away, I've teleported, I've phased, I've become invisible, I've fired beams of light, ect.  The only thing I find sometimes hard to do sometimes, is "control" dream characters, and that's because they have a "mind" of their own sometimes (your subconscious mind that is!).  If you find yourself doing such a thing and they won't be controlled, relate to them as if they are real (for technically they are!), and sure enough, they'll respond to you.

So what is my advice?  Imagine yourself flying high in the sky.  If you have trouble, keep at it until you can do it.  Imagine this a lot if you need to.  Involve as much of your imagining power as you can.  See the ground disappearing before you, feel the wind wipping past you, see the clouds quickly become below you, feel with every fiber of your being that you are indeed flying.  Assure yourself that if you can do it in your minds eye, then it will be easily possible to do in a fully conscious LD.  Believe this, don't just say it.  Your expectations play a role, after all, and if you expect to be wrong, you will!  Then, in a LD, simply do what you rehersed.  This was how I learned a method of teleportation in dreams, btw.  I rehersed a lot how I'd do it, and in a dream (non-lucid, but still), I actually teleported using that exact same method.  The funny thing was, I was so shocked it worked, that I was jolted to full lucidity for a minute!
There is no spoon

Lickerish

At times I have shot up into the sky way past the skyscrapers almost into the clouds for it seems I can go only as high as there is enough air for me to breathe.
I have been flying from an very early age ever since I was about 5 years old maybe.
It was a slow process with me 1st starting out by involuntary levitation around the age of 2-4.
I would find myself outside of my bedroom in the hallway lying on my back suddenly.
Sometimes while unconcious while dreaming I would feel myself floating outside my room before waking up on the floor in the hall.
In time i learned how to control the levitation and was even able to float back into my room at will.
The whole thing was like a learning process like when you first learn to crawl and then you learn how to walk.

jc84corvette

I dreamed of APin or was just a dream, I flew up above the clouds, then smashed into the ground with all the dirt.

thechunk05

Just wondering how high some of you can get while flying in a lucid dream. I have only had a few, one of those being last night, and each time I try to fly I can only get about 2 feet off the ground. Other times I will just kinda float there and slowly rise.
Sell
I'll Sell Your Memories
For 15 Pounds Per Year
But You Can Keep The Bad Days