News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

I can't remain lucid for too long.

Previous topic - Next topic

kako

In these recent days I have had a few lucid dreams, however, every time I realise I am having one I lose lucidity immediately. I dont feel excited or scared, i guess i simply dont know how to remain lucid for longer. Any tips? Thanks in advance   8-)

astralnaut1

in the lucid dream try to concentrate on objects around you, dont think about outer world. In other words concentrate on lucid dream environment. If you feel that losing lucidity, look at your hands.
goodluck :D
mental layer by layer combat sux

Ice

Naut does have a point.

losing lucidity can be caused by a lapse in concentration Normally when sitting still for too long or when you think about something and the dream takes an alternate course, but unconsciously of course.

Mainly just pay attention.

ShaMagus

Hi,

There are several advice that you can try to stay lucid. You can rub your hands, start spinning around(ive had some success with that one) and also shout out; Increase lucidity now. I believe the trick is to get some sensations through your non-physical senses. Also, and i know this is hard, try not to get to exited. Try to stay focused. Other issues tha can make you drift is to do stuff while lucid, that is very desire oriented, like having sex. For me when i was having lots of lucid dreams, i felt like i was in a learning process and when i got stuck, my desires overcame me and i conjured up sexy woman and had sex. Then i drifted out of that consciousness and into normal dream or waking state. Just wanted to put it out there :wink:
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

Albert Einstein

Mydral

I can relate to the sex thing.... it will wake you up so its a good exit haha.

Now the trick is.... how to control having sex and not wake up  :evil:
In somnis veritas

Ident

I think you're all missing the point. He's not suggesting that he struggles to remain in the lucid state and comes out after a while or loses focus or anything similar, he's saying that he snaps out of it immediately on realising it. I'm have a very similar issue: immediately on knowing that I'm having a vision, I lose it. There seems to be no transition time and no period of being able to remain in the vision.

kako

Quote from: Ident on December 21, 2011, 07:48:06
I think you're all missing the point. He's not suggesting that he struggles to remain in the lucid state and comes out after a while or loses focus or anything similar, he's saying that he snaps out of it immediately on realising it. I'm have a very similar issue: immediately on knowing that I'm having a vision, I lose it. There seems to be no transition time and no period of being able to remain in the vision.

That is exactly it! Just when I realise I am dreaming I come out of that stat :p, maybe I didn't make myself clear before...

Ident

I'm also finding that I have amnesia when I come out of the vision. A couple of days ago, I was contemplating something in my life and I allowed myself to drift quite deeply, to the point where visions could typically begin, and came back again. Despite that I had followed a line of thought in getting there, I lost all memory of my thoughts whilst there and also for a short while before, although I did recall that I had continued to think and have thoughts. I managed to reconstruct the line of thought prior to getting to the dream-state but could not bring back anything from being there.

One vision I did hold onto after coming out of it was: I had found myself approaching someone who was sitting on a wall and looking out to sea. As I approached, he turned around and waved me away. As I later thought about it, the feeling was that the person was me and that I was being told that I wasn't yet ready.

Meanwhile, I continue to let it happen and try to hold onto something in the half-second or so (maybe less) that I seem to have after leaving the dream-state before amnesia wipes it all.

ShaMagus

There are several techniques for remaining lucid once you realize you are dreaming. This is a big hurdle for the aspiring lucid dreamer to overcome. First of all, try to remain calm. You can try to focus on your hands or some other object. Someone use to rub their hands, to get a feeling they can focus on. Stay still and marvel at the dreamspace around you. For me it helps to spin my body. Try to say or shout i remain lucid, i remain lucid, while spinning as not to loose lucidity. Theres a big chance your dreamspace has changed after spinning.

There are lots of sites on the net that has more indebth information if you need, or you can pm me (i consider myself a novice so dont expect the most profound answers :wink:) or just ask questions here. A good site is ld4all.com. There u get all the lowdown on how to lucid dream and a forum to ask questions. hope this will help u in your quest for lucidity!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

Albert Einstein

urshebear

I get this sometimes too. try to keep moving. The trick is to keep your head in the dream. if you do wake up stay as still as possible, sometimes thats how I induce an obe