News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

I just had my FIRST LUCID DREAM. Amazing.

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Tom

Dream Cadet

Congrats!

They say the first one is the hardest.  It looks like all of the hard work has paid off for you.

Draege

Something I picked up on is the real reason the dream ended is I tried to close my eyes in the dream. I went to kiss a girl (ya, so sue me =p) and I tried to close my eyes. I guess this is a no-no in a lucid dream as it forces you to flinch your real eyes and bam there goes the dream.

Does that make sense?

Draege

Also, what are all the possibilities inside a lucid dream?

You can attempt an OBE right (with risk it may just be an illusion though as I remember) or you can picture a different dream scenario and travel into it?

I'll remember to look at my hand too next time it happens..

Nick

Hi Draege,

Congratulations on your lucid dream, and, if I haven't said it before, welcome to the Astral Pulse forums! [:)] I thought that the Dream forum would be better suited to this topic on Lucid Dreams so I moved it here. If you disagree, please pm me, and we'll work something out.

Also, you may want to explore http://www.lucidity.com/ as well.

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

RooJ

Congrats Draege [:)]. I know exactly how you feel, its the most amazing feeling, I suppose especially the first time.
Im always suprised how real they are, if you take time to focus on things as you did with the blackboard you realise the clarity is just as it is when awake. One of my dreams in particular i remember looking up at an overcast rainy sky in amazingly real detail and as i looked down a paperbag blew past across the road, moved by a car driving past... This might not seem like much but it was completely unexpected and i questioned reality for a few days afterwards lol.
Interesting insight into the closing of eyes in a lucid dream, ive had the same thing happen but i never really linked the 2 things.

And as for the possibilities inside a lucid dream, i spent quite a few lucid dreams doing experiments and things on that (still try to). I think it depends on person but ive found you can do almost anything from changing dream scene to flying, making people dissapear and appear, moving superfast etc. You can also have amazing conversations with dream people even though there in your head. Ive been very suprised in the past at some of the things they have come out with, such as a cloaked guy who spent a good 5 mins of my dream telling me that earth was once a moon of jupiter and somehow, (something to do with saturn), it was dragged away from jupiter and ended up in its current orbit, then ice on the planet melted kick starting life.

There also seems to be a strong link to your body while dreaming that i think could be exploited in some way (maybe healing or something) but im not sure how.

Anyway ive babbled for long enough[:P]

RooJ

Draege

Amazing is the only word I can truly call my experience. Unbelievable would be a close second but that's wrong- its completely believable and all so real to me now.. I have been putting alot of extra effort into OBE (haven't yet) and questioning reality and life lately, and I think that's been a factor. I'd also like to think that my strong belief in it all being real despite my lack of results has been a factor.

I'm almost shaking with excitement right now.. just wow. Anyway, I have to run out now so I'm going to copy/paste the dream description from just a moment ago as I was chatting with a friend after it happened. One last thing. Everyone out there who is reading this, who happens to be a 'beginner' to any of this and might be discouraged and questioning the legitimately of it all- just hang in there. Be confident, keep yourself determined, and it will pay off I promise. I know a lucid dream may seem like the simplest thing to some of you but at this point I feel as though I might have well just explored every plane of existance in 5 minutes. Ok anyway here's the dream description chat I had:

<Draege> this is.. f***ing awesome
<Draege> I had, without a doubt, my first lucid dream
<Draege> at this point I'm thinking back and wondering if I have had one before, but its too hard to make the call so I'll just have to know from now on
<Draege> I've been awake for a few hours, drifting in and out of sleep between a few dream scenarios
<Draege> I start dreaming of being in one of my old classes
<Draege> the difference is its me me, not me back when I was in school
<Draege> so I'm not caring and I'm screwing around
<Draege> I cheat on a test we take and give the answers to everyone in class
<Draege> few meaningless things go on
<Draege> suddenly I realize in the dream.. wait I'm not in school
<Draege> BAM, the dream transforrmed
<Draege> it was as if I was seeing everything with my own eyes
<Draege> I knew the instant it happened that I cannot remember ever experiencing it before
<Draege> I looked at the chalk board.. so real
<Draege> rubbed my hands along the chalk dust built up at the bottom
<Draege> I turned and looked at everyone sitting down
<Draege> I made one of the guys float into the air
<Draege> all of them were shocked
<Draege> it actually took some real effort to make the kid barely float in the air the way I wanted
<Draege> this is what really blows my mind here
<Draege> dreams are a 100% product of your unconcious mind
<Draege> everything you are not controlling, looks and is real because your unconcious mind is unfathomably powerful
<Draege> everything YOU control takes supreme effort
<Draege> you have to really visualize three dimensionally to make things work
<Draege> so I did this to make him float upwards and then horizontally a little, then I stopped
<Draege> then I went up and kissed a girl I've always liked
<Draege> and that was the end, I woke up
<Draege> I'm not surprised it lasted so shortly since I'd been up & down out of dreams several times in an hour
<Draege> but.. wow