News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

I'm Back And I Need Help

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkQuest

well look at my topic, 'tip to induce lucid dreaming', and also, doin reality checks alone wont really help induce lucid dreaming as i have learned from experience.  earlier this year i started a dream notebook with the reality checks.  the more entries i made the more i remembered my dreams.  Then i didnt really do reality checks and kept the journal and i became lucid some of the time.  well then i stopped writin in my journal and the only way i can really LD  is by doin the technique in my tip.  so i say journal's are a real big help to becomin Lucid, and i think soon enough i will start my dream journal again.  Hope this helps.

Here's the site if ya need it anyhow

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6031
Luke E.

Are you Dreeeaaminggg?

Tombo

Sometimes if I do the reality checks not very deliberately in weaking life I do the same in the dream and then I don't become lucid. What kind of reality checks do you do? try to do them really conscious, that might help
Tom
" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

bennypr2002

Heres my advice for a reality check. First, dont just ask yourself during the day if you are sleeping or not. What you you also have to do is look at something that is stable in reality but not in a dream. For example looking at writing in a book, looking away for a few seconds and looking at the book again. If writing has changed or is moving you are dreaming. You can also do this by looking at a figital watch, or even looking at your hand closley. The best advice above all else that has helped me to LD is a Dream Journal. Good luck with your LD adventures.

-Benny

jilola

You need to get to the point where you do the reality check without conscious intent. You should just find yourself doing it.

The reality check method for lucid dreaming relies on the fact that it becomes an unconcsious reflex. If you have to decide to do it you won't be able to do it while asleep. When it's drilled into your spine, so to speak, you'l do it even when you're not consciously thinking about it, ie. even asleep.

Give it time and keep doing the check, all the time, without fail. Make it a habit. And above all be patient.

2cents & L&L
jouni

shaman

Try AUTOSUGGESTION before going to sleep. Autosuggestion is a powerfull tool to achieve almost anything in your sleep, as it is the power of your will. However, it takes about two weeks to work properly. I used it regularly to remember my dreams and it works, as well as to talk to my guide (though I don't know if this guy in my dreams is my guide...) and to have premonitory dreams (and there it seems to work again). Before you go to sleep repeat to yourself that you want to have a lucid dream, that you want to be lucid and become conscious while you sleep and dream, even write it down. This will slowly convince your incouscious part of yourself that you are serious about it and then it should start working after a week or two (two weeks is the time is take to learn an automatism, namely to do something without thinking about it - do it well, like a reflex).

I hope this helps. Keep us informed of your progress!

beavis

"Am I dreaming" to most people means "am I in a fake reality or in my own head". Its harder to think of a dream as real while you're on earth, but when you're in it you usually know its real so you answer the question no. Try asking "am I on normal earth?"

MeZergy

Yes, I am back, and I bet you guys are so excited... *sarcasm* Anyway, I haven't been here for a while and I finally decided to come back 'cause I need help.

Everyday I do reality checks very often so I have a higher chance of doing one during a dream (thus I become lucid). I have done one in my dream but I never became lucid. I don't know why...

Can anybody give me any tips?