News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Is African Dream Root safe to use for lucid dreaming?

Previous topic - Next topic

Crocodilian123

African Dream Root or Silene Capensis safe to use for lucid dreaming? I've heard the Xhosa use it for shaman intiation to induce vivid and lucid dreams. Are there any negative effects or lasting effects I should be worried about?

Bluefirephoenix

If your going to work with a plant it's best to grow it yourself. Using potentially psychoactive plant material when you don't know it's origin is not a safe thing to do.

Side effects of this sort of herb are nausia, aggrivation of mental/emotional conditions, liver and kidney damage.

This herb is not well studied there may be other problems with it. I would not recommend it.  However, if you decide to take it use a very small quantity.

SHamanic herbs tend to be hard on the body and cause damage. The process of a light poisoning is what causes the effects. If your not trained in this form of shamanism your taking a really big risk in using stuff like that.

Crocodilian123

Thanks. I'll do more research and grow it myself if I decide to use it.