News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

LC, OBE, or Astral?

Previous topic - Next topic

General-Army

It might have been a dream, but it also most likely could have been a projection. I know nothing of OBEs but in dreams, what you normaly expect to happen happens, im thinking it was OBE but since u were expecting it to happen or believed it to happen, that could have been the reason, next time try to prevent them from melting? maybe that could be a test if ur in the astral or not.

Every man has their fear of dieing, whether it be of pain or not knowing where you are going, however, mine is the family, memories, and good times i leave behind.

Patty

Wow. Cool experience.

I don't know the answer, but I really enjoyed reading it.  I have many experiences that I can't put my finger on labelling as one or another type.

I think the hand thing IS recommended in AD, at least that's my recollection. It's supposed to jolt you to a stronger level of awareness. Weird thing was a few weeks ago when I was dreaming regularly, I looked at my hands and they melted ---- then when I thought I was OBE on a separate night, I looked at my hands and they DIDN'T melt.  

Cool dream though. I love meeting people like that, people I know but don't recognize. It heartens me to think that we have another level of existence complete with real friends and even roommates!

Patty

Eukaryote

I need some help figuring the exact form of an experience I had Thursday night. I was in a dream that became lucid, and recognising this fact I decided yet again to try to turn it into an OBE. I turned around and saw a huge cliff for me to jump off and fly up. I did, and this time, unlike other lucid dreams, I decided to keep flying and not just come back down slowly. I looked back at the dream-people I had been traveling with. I invited them to join me, but they just looked at me as if to say "Will you stop fooling around?" I turned back and kept going up and I thought "What was it that AD said about turning a lucid dream into an OBE?" I latter checked that you were supposed to think of your body, wake up and then try to project, but for some reason I thought that you were supposed to look at your hands. (????)
I looked at them, and observed melting hands for the first time. Then I felt myself being pulled both inward and forward, found myself in a feild of black and twilight zone music played. I found myself floating upside down in a dark room. I was disoriented, had trouble seeing and moving. I requested clarity as I used all of my energy to float over to a couch without any cousions. The room came into focus. It was "my" house! ...even though I had never been in this house before (at least in this earthly life), I somehow knew my way around. I had difficulty floating, so I decided to walk. I looked around for one of my room mates (????). I finaly found one in the laundry room. He looked familar, even though I (?) had never seen him before (?). I know people in the physical that are similar in appearance, but they did not look anything like him and did not have anywhere near the same voice.
I decided to talk to him to see if he would notice.
"Hi.' I said.
"Hey." He said. I was confused.
"I thought people couldn't see or hear you in an OBE?"
Anouther room mate (?) entered behind me. Like the first person, he was familar looking but I cannot thing of a name or any connection to the physical, but as different from the first person as any two randomly selected people off the street. The new guy said:
"Yes, if you can remember if you are in an OBE."
Those words were the single strongest words I have ever heard outside of the physical. The shock of them somehow caused me to drift back into a regular dream, of which I remember little.
My question is, was my quasi-OBE just anouther lucid dream (with maybe a powerfull note from my subcounsious thrown in) or has I maybe slipped into the astral?