News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

I thought only through SP you get 'hallucinations'

Previous topic - Next topic

newhere

Yesterday, I had woke up a bit early, naturally, and got up made my bed as it was uncomfortable. Went back in bed. I was slipping through those sleep-awake states a lot for a few minutes or so.

I did have a nice lucid dream though, flew around for a bit which is always fun. Anyways, as I was slipping between, I heard literally someone screaming next to my ear. It did not frighten me, I just thought I was about to have an OBE too, or some sort, however, I had a quick thought to try and move a bit of my finger. As I usually thought these types of hallucinations usually occurred during SP, but I could move my finger.

So, I am just wondering that can you have these (hypnagogic something?) while not in sleep paralysis? Because I know I wasn't dreaming and that scream sounded rather fun.

Szaxx

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bluefirephoenix

Yes it seems your mind comes up with the loudest most obnoxious sound it possibly can and delivers it when your comformtable and dreamy.

newhere

That clarifies things, thanks. Quite funny too, little things like these really make me realize how powerful the mind is.

Bluefirephoenix

and that is coming from the less powerful part of the mind. Most of that is conscious interpretation of subtle data. You cannot trust the accuracy. It's usually symbolic in some way but unless your trained and have some practice extracting the subtle input that caused it, it's better just to ignore it as much as you can.  This setting aside of that kind of perception will decrease it's frequency. The " System" responds to your disregarding it.