News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Lucid Dreaming and the Art of Flying

Previous topic - Next topic

astralpwka

Ever since the first time I lucid dreamed, I have attempted to fly. Many of my attempts were doomed to failure, some worked, though nothing made it easy. Through six years of practice, I could not find an easy way.

What finally worked was throwing myself head-first into a superman position of flight. It seems simple enough. However, I have always tried to rise straight up from the ground. By traveling headfirst, with feet behind me, I was able to have close proximity to the ground without feeling the tug of gravity. I tested it a few times, landing, and then trying to fly again, and found it easy.

What might make this easier for someone trying to fly in a lucid dream is to run first, before flying. The momentum will give you the sensation of traveling. Dive forward and fly.

Bonden

Congratulations!

I haven't tried to fly yet because every time I realise I am dreaming I wake up. :(
The last part of your message reminded me of Hitchhickers guide to the galaxy :) when they fly. Its all about missing the ground :D .

liquidreality

Hey i know a simple way of flying when your lucid.....(because i am lucid almost every night)

first of

1 think in your mind that you will start flying

2 jump up into the air and feel your self start to fly upward

3 try to stay lucid because if you don't you will get really scared because you wont know your dreaming anymore..... then you will fall and you will have the illusion of pain and injury.....

4 its pretty simple to steer just feel your self move in a direction after a couple of times it becomes second nature......lol

have fun man i hope this clears things up....
Ignorance is the result of the lack of motivation to learn

nicedreams

I always seem to try and fly in my dreams but when ever i do i like rewind back to where i started sometimes i go up and then float back down.

VesAn

Weird, I just noticed one day in my dreams that I had wings, and just started flying right there.  Of course I've gotten better at it over the years, but I've never had to try anything in particular to get off the ground.

liquidreality

The problem with flying in dreams is that if you think your going to fall, or you think that you will hurt your self then it will happen,with the exception of getting hurt because in dreams its just an illusion, because anything that you think can or will manifest in your dream. For example, if you think that a psycho killer is going to try to kill you you will notice someone following you with a knife or something. Flying is the same thing, if you think that your going to take off like superman then you will, But if you think that you could never fly then when you try you will take of for a slight instant, then come crashing to the ground.

When you try to fly make sure that you think that you know you can an you will be able to fly just like that its like you have weird powers when your dreaming.

I know that it may seem hard now but once you get the hang of it you will be flying through the Sky's with ease of movement. For me when I dream I usual become lucid, and if I want to fly I just fly, the problem is learning to do it at second nature, and sometimes learning to keep your self in the air:). I hope that this is helpful information for you.
Ignorance is the result of the lack of motivation to learn

catmeow

Simple technique:

So I find myself dreaming and I ask myself "Am I dreaming?".  So to see if I'm dreaming:

I jump up off the ground and try to hover there in the air.  Invariably I will hover a little while and then slowly float back down to the ground.  Now if I achieve just a litlle hover then I know for sure that I'm dreaming!

Then I do the jump and float technique a second time and this time I can hover for as long as I wish.  Also I can float up and fly around.....  try it!

I often use this as a reality check, especially if I'm indoors and contemplating throwing myself through the window!  You have to be absolutely sure you are dreaming before throwing yourself through a second-storey window and this technique does the trick!  :wink:

catmeow
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Andali27

I fly all the time.  It was what I ended up programming my subconscious to do when I became lucid.  So as soon as I realised I was dreaming, I'd fly.  He he!!!
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

http://www.digital-transition.net

TOTALANATION

Tyciol

Sometimes I fly, but more often than not I sort of glide up and down like a Gargoyle, never quite ascending  too far, very akin to the way in Kingdom Hearts, but more... fluttery.