News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Wierd visions

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Hey guys :)

Perhaps I shouldn't be putting these experiences in this forum but I really have no idea where else to put them. They're really hard to explain but I'll try as best I can.

They normally happen in short bursts of about four nights with intervals of about a month. They only ever take place when my mind is very occupied or has been worn out, e.g after a party or tiring event.

They are not dreams. I have them when awake, but in a very drowsy state. I am aware of my consciousness and surroundings but at the same time absorbed in another place. Basically my mind thinks it is doing things that it is not. The visions are so vivid that after finally returning to reality I am sure they have actually occured.

Here's an example. Last night at school camp I was planning to meet up with a girl in the middle of the night. Because of the layout of the camp and stuff it seemed much safer if she came to my room instead of viceversa. So I lay there in bed with my mind focused on her coming around and slowly growing drowsy without realising it. Then suddenly she was in my room. We walked around together and talked and then finally went back to my room and fell asleep together. Then it was back to reality. A long time had passed but I was aware I had not fallen asleep. The vision had been so vivid that I actually got out of bed and searched for her. However in the morning it turned out she had never came.

This is just one of many experiences I have had. I have thought myself to be dressed and eating breakfast when really still in bed, and seen my room full of people when I am really all alone. Has anyone had similar experiences or have any idea what they are?

The land of nod is my refuge

I've never experienced anything like this before. I'm really interested in what other people say though :)

ladybug26

hi harry :)  i know exactly what you are talking about. And, I don't know how exactly to describe it earlier, but you did a good job!  I have odd experiences like this I swear in my mind I have done something, then snap out of it, and I haven't done a darn thing.

EsotericFury

Wow, I was thinking of doing topic similar to this. I've always found it easy to make images in my mind when I close my eyes, but lately over the past recent months, they have been increasingly become easier to do and seem more vivid. The rate of this increase has steadily become faster and faster. Does anyone know why this is happening, and what this is called? I can do them easily too, I don't have to be in a drowsy state, or altered state, (well I find a relaxed state makes it all easier, but not drowsy or anything like that) or anything, all I have to do is just close my eyes, and I can make them instantly happen lately, it is really wierd. The mind images, or I guess visions would be a better word now, are so vivid that sometimes, it's like having dream images. Sometimes I get carried away, and a dream literally takes shape, complete with characters and story and everything, but I can't hear anything, just images, and the dream vision, as I now call this phenomenon when it happens, are so vivid sometimes. I'm not sleeping or anything when this happens, I'm fully awake, just I'm laying in bed with my eyes closed. One time recently, I thought I was actually having a lucid dream, but I was fully wide awake, I opened my eyes and wasn't asleep.

Andali27

It's weird when that happens.  I had an odd one.  I dozed and as I was drifting, I was thinkingmust remind my sis to get the newspaper from school' and then I thought I woke, and I started calling out to her to remember to get it.  She replied and I recall playing some music while I was still getting up.  I woke up for real and thought hang on, I asked her if I had asked her and she said no.  I trusted her with this though cause the more I thought about it, the more it became apparent that I had had a false awakening and dreamt what I was going to do when i woke.  Strange tis it not?

Andali
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

http://www.digital-transition.net

TOTALANATION

Tyciol

I have that sometimes but things like that usually have tipoffs and contradictions that they're not reality, you usually take it for granted and forget it then remember and go 'deja vu, this makes no sense!'

A girl I talked to had problems like this, not being able to differ dreams and reality in some cases... having long conversations. Very intriguing.

wisp

Harry,
This sort of thing has been called a false awakening. There were two incidences that come to me. Robert Moss talks about this in his book, "Conscious Dreaming". I haven't read all the book yet.

When I was young (around 9ish) I awoke to an earth quake happening. The window panes shook and the earth waved back and forth. It lasted about a minute. Now, for years I had thought there had been an earthquake. One day I was talking about it. My mother said that there was never an earthquake. I don't know why she took so long telling me this.

Then, a few years ago I had a weird dream. I was in this gray room with very little in it. The phone rang, I answered it. The voice on the other end said something that shocked me (unconsciously). It was a list of names. During the speaking of these names I began doing something very weird. I changed into a rocket ship. This rocket vibrated and took off into space. I awoke in bed with my eyes still closed. I heard a tv on in the living room. I thought that this couldn't be!, why is the tv on? For at least a minute or two I actually thought I was at this young age (9 or 10) in my bedroom at that time. Then I snapped out of it, back in my present time. A tv wasn't on. It was realistic.

During these early years I had done some of what I called then, mind traveling. I only wish I had journaled my travels back then.

* In the first experience:
QuoteWhen I was young (around 9ish) I awoke to an earth quake happening.  
Instead of changing the text, I will make the correction here. I wasn't asleep, the earthquake occured while awake. This is a good example of why it's important to keep a journal.