News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

need help becoming lucid. methods?

Previous topic - Next topic

CallMePatrick

I seem to accept the weirdest things that go on in my dreams. a few days ago i had one where i was tapping my teeth, and one of them popped out and started bleeding after just 1 tap. in my dream i looked in the mirror too to see if it was there and it wasnt. Its like i was awake in the dream but not aware it was one(if that even makes sense). I  dont get why that didnt cause me to realize "this isnt real" and start becoming lucid... after i woke up i was so awestruck yet bummed.

T-Man

CallMePatrick,

I certainly understand what you are going thru as I too will experience the craziest things in a dream and just accept it to be true.  Some things I would suggest is to be more aware of your waking life.  Get in to the habit of examining your environment in physical reality and be mindful of everything around you.  This will eventually seep into your dreaming life.  You will eventually find yourself examining your dream environment.  Also, get into the habit of doing reality checks in the physical.  You can do a search on the net if you need examples.  For example, if you happen to dream a lot about dogs than every time you see a dog in physical reality do a reality check such as trying to push your finger thru the palm of your other hand.  If you can push it thru than you will realize that you are dreaming.  If you cannot than state out loud or to yourself that you are not dreaming right now.  These reality checks if done thru out the day will also seep into your dreaming life.  I was shocked the first time I did a reality check in a dream.  It works.  I only average about one LD every 4-6 weeks but hope to keep increasing that number.  My last LD I actually asked a dream character for advice on how to become Lucid more often.  I was told that I just need to let go and let it happen.  This person said if I try to hard that I will prevent myself from having any.  You could also try saying affirmations before you go to sleep such as 'Tonight, I allow myself to dream with full awareness and lucidity'.  You will also find that once you find something that works it may not work for you again!  It's never easy...you have to keep trying!  Hope some of this will help.
The Adventure Continues...