News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Not so clear dreams.

Previous topic - Next topic

heter

Hi. I have been keeping a dream journal for perhaps a week now. I will admit it does help me remember my dreams. However, all my dreams are very unclear and vague. I can't really seem to remember them as clearly as I want. How can I improve this? Will continued use of my dream journal improve it?

Koto_Distari

Usually dream journals help train one's mind in remembering more of one's dreams.  I started out slow at first with a few words and images and now I'm able to take down a very detailed recollection.  However, there are still some dreams that I can't clearly recall as much as I'd like -- for these I try to meditate on the words or images I do recall to help remember more.

It takes some time so its not something that you'll get an instant result from...you may find it helps you to remember more, but still may not be able to remember every minute detail.  This is just from my personal experience, there could be other methods out there to help so if this doesn't help keep looking around -- there's an answer out there somewhere. ^_^
"A wise man told me that it is by no coincidence that we run into certain people in Life. In fact the reason we do is because we are meant to learn something from them...something about ourselves."

MisterJingo

Keeping a dream journal and sticking at it will aid amazing dream recall :) Too much in some cases. I usually stop recording dreams after a while, as I have to write thousands of words (sometimes even condenced) to record all my dreams from a single nights sleep. I usually pick the journal back up a few months later.
I also have a lot of dreams which don't really translate into 'baseline' (C1) consciousness. Their ideas and concepts don't make any sence when recalled at baseline. They can be felt or touched upon, but it's like feeling tactile shapes in my head and body. Hard to explain, and makes detailing them impossible :)