News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

NPMR's ending in death.

Previous topic - Next topic

Szaxx

I think this topic will be interesting as its part of the experiences we have during a nights rest.
Its not intended to worry anyone at all. Look at it from the humorous side, after all the exitement you simply wake thinking WTF.

I had a NP experience recently where a new death gets put on my list.
Basics,
I was doing the usual daily activities in a house in an area relatively flat with the sun shining in a cloudless sky. Looked like Texas or similar away from any city.
I'd guess around 3 pm. The area was mostly sandy coloured with long straight wide roads. A few tufts of grass growing here and there. Only a few houses along the road leading to some small hills around a mile away. The young ones playing chase with me and others drawing trees ect. We were outside and one of the older lads around 17 asked about the sky. I told him some details and he stopped me saying "yeah I know that but whats that star thats hanging there?"
"Where?" I asked. He pointed almost directly up.
"I don't know but its not a star" I said.
He contined, "Its been hanging for a few days and its getting easier to see." The TV was on cartoons for the young ones and he changed the station to a space news one.
After a while a guy was going on about a gas cloud thats visible and theres nothing to worry about.
"I've watched it for a few days growing in size and just wondered".
It was around 1/8 the size of the moon by now.
We carried on playing around for a while. The 17 year old shouted " whats that then, a gas cloud? Dont think so."
We all looked up at a white disc 1/2 the size of the moon and saw smaller pieces of the same flying off in all directions. The white of one changed to orange and it left a dirty trail. I said, " look a meteor trail in the sky".
We watched it get bigger and break up into many smaller pieces. Apart from one lump. It crashed into the ground behind the hills and a trail of  smoke rising  shortly after. Looking up I saw the white disc much larger than the moon . This was beginning to worry me considering there was many more fanning out in all directions. I shouted. "All of you come watch the show". That's when the white disc became slightly orange and filled 1/4 of the sky above us.
A split second later I felt some heat on my face and then everything went white.
Wasted for the first time by a space rock. Didn't feel a thing apart from the heat.
I decided to wake up from the white space to remember it.
Id rate this 3/10. Good show but thats about it.

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Szaxx

Maybe this should have been posted in just a dream.
7 days later and Russia.
Oops.
The Plot thickens.

newmethod

ChopstickFox

I heard that no one died, thankfully. Still strange it happened right before, though.... eeps

Once I had a dream where a meteor came down while I was driving down the road and it ended similarly. Dead @_@ This was years ago.

They're pretty rare, but I've had several dreams ending in death, starting just after death, or a continuation from dying then after death. Pretty weird. But what is funny is that they haven't been scary. xD Well... maybe right before I die, but death itself hasn't been scary.
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Szaxx

I have this type of dream often, its that common I've made 3 labels for them.
The above, although very clear wasn't important.
I also only had 1 afternoon of 'flashback' (there's no word for it) where it came back.
Symbolic, so not important.

The deaths are so accepted in the dreams too. In physical reality they're anything but.
At 6 years old was my first clearly remembered. I was shot by a German aircraft from the WW2 era and could feel and hear the bullets ripping through my body, smashing bones and that horrid smell. A reoccurring dream too, each night the aircraft got closer. To give more punch I was ill too. Still remember it complete with all the colouring books and visits from wellwishers.

ChopstickFox

Eeeeks, that sounds like a horrible reoccurring dream... Especially at six...

I hope you don't mind me bringing up a few of my own for the sake of discussion.

I have had a few different ones:

1) The dream starts right after I died. Sometimes my body is there. Sometimes I have memory of my life. Sometimes I don't even know why I died. I am usually some sort of ghost and I am never shocked or really troubled about it at all.

2) I am killed within the dream. Similar to what you described with the WW2 thing, the feeling was very realistic. All the senses engaged. Sometimes the dream ends there.

3) I am killed within the dream then the dream keeps on going. When this happens, the process of dying might be painful/senses all blaring, but it makes a complete turn around after death. Fear is gone, pain is gone. Just... Oh, it's making me feel uncomfortable thinking back on it right now. It's kind of mellow.

I always thought these really strange because I had always thought that you couldn't die in dreams.
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Astralzombie

This is a bit uncanny, I'll admit that.

Is there any particular reason why you shared this with us when you did. In other words did some feeling compel you to share it or did you simply want to share it.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Szaxx

The topic is for all to share any related experience. Its gotta be a common thing.
@ Fox,
1, yours started when already dead? That sounds so different from what I was expecting to hear, wow.
2, yes, these are the familiar ones.
3, I've had a few of these, strange feeling with them.

@ ..bad, It played on my min
d all day, especially in the afternoon. A few other dreams have but these didn't mean anything to me, they made no sense. It HAD to be shared and the topic is all I could think of at the time.
Uncanny they are, the full on ones have never been wrong, an exact replica of the event always happens. Read the topic ' Just a dream', theres more info there.