News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

OBE in Dreams?

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon213

I've had three experiences with the exact same thing. I can't really offer you any answers, but I thought it might be nice to know you're not alone in this.

The AlphaOmega

It is good to know.  I think this deserves a little more experimentation by all those who have experienced it.  It seems to differ from both lucid dreams and OBE, but has characteristics of both.  It could be a different path that hasn't quite been taken into consideration yet.
"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

loco

Hi there,
Yes, I really think there should be a forum called the " ¿What the hell was that ?! " forum. For all those mixed up things.[;)]
Now, more seriously:
I had the same thing happening to me some times , and its confusing indeed. But, you know, is not so confusing if you don´t try to classify it in a certain definition . I know this sounds pretty simplistic, but I´m very keen of simplification when it comes to put experiences into words. Words are so few...and experiences so many !  So, if you don´t try to put it in a category so badly, you´ll  hopefully take half the confusion away.
And which is more important:  You won´t ignore details of the experience just becouse you fail to put it in words !

Talking a bit about your,(and ours), experience,( so called the other half of the confusion):
My LD have been pretty short, becouse I go for OOB as soon as I become lucid. Why?I don´t know. I mean, normally,as soon as I become lucid, the dream stops  and I start the pulling out  process.
This apparently logical succession of events let  me  identify LD and OOB  as somehow  separate things.
But things got blurry  when ,after becoming lucid in a dream, thus expecting the dream to stop, it didn´t ! And the OOB maneuver took place inside the dream. The OOB separating feel (vibrations and such things) where there, but somehow in a less intense manner. Also, the lucidity seemed to be less intense...
I must say that ,although interesting, I didn´t like it as much as my previous LD and OOB put one after the other as separate things.My OBBe´s have been short for me too,(no more than separating a few seconds) but damn intense and clear. And I didn´t like it so much becouse ,as I said, both (the LD and OOB) were somehow diluted, blurry,...It was like an in-between experience...somehow I felt a lack of  the energy to work things out. And so far, this is the conclusion I have taken from the experience, lack of energy. Lack of control.
  Again, I don´t know !  It´s something new for me too, and I agree with you that is worth exploring; not so much for the feel of it, which as I said I didn´t like as much as other experiences, but for trying to work things out next time.There´s a lot to learn !

Cheers,
Loco

Sampson

I had a second lucid dream only just last week where I dreamt that I was having an Obe, the dream shares certain similarities with yours in that I separated from my dream body.

I dreamt that I was in an house that was unfamiliar to me, I was sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag, to my right was a person I know and a friend of his that I did not know, both were sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags too.

I felt mild vibrations and could hear a crackling sound, similar to what one hears if you stand under electricity power lines. I believe that my mind was providing these sounds and sensations as part of the dream experience as they did not feel quite like the vibrations and sounds that I have experienced when having a true Obe.

I left my body and remember asking for clarity, the room which was previously dark now became illuminated and I could see quite clearly.

I moved farther away from my body and hovered just above the two people to my right, the person I wasn't familiar with awoke, he could see me hovering in front of him, I remember that he was really frightened and upset at seeing me in this spiritual form, the dream then ended.

I have had a handful of Oobe's and the difference between the two is clear, whenever I have an Obe it is always into what is called the RTZ (Real Time Zone) I can see my bedroom as it really is in the physical and my awareness is as it is when I am fully awake.

The only differences being that my bodily dimensions feel much smaller (about the size of a tennis ball) and mobility for the best part is quite tricky (something we perhaps get used to the more Obe's we have).

I would imagine that with effort it's possible to turn one of these lucid dreams into a full-blown Obe. It could be that we in fact have already left our body but some part of the mind or awareness has stayed behind and is just interpreting what is happening to the part of us that has projected.

The wonderful thing that I have managed to gain from this particular lucid dream is that it has confirmed to me that although dreams, lucid dreams and Obe's are certainly all connected in some way a true Out-of-body experience is incomparable to a dream or lucid dream in terms of awareness/consciousness.

When I awoke the next morning I knew and felt this difference, once you have experienced a true projection you know that something special has happened and the feeling stays with you forever!

S
'To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.'

William Blake ('Auguries of Innocence')

GANAMOHA

whats the method you use for that
The AlphaOmega

I stand at the threshold of what could be a new world

PeacePoppet

I honestly dont know much about OBEs, but the symbolism in it signifies that you a distressed about something in particular. You feel out of control.
The painting signifies not being sure about emotions - wether thay be yours or someone elses

The AlphaOmega

GANAMOHA... I don't have a method, this is the first time I've ever experienced such an event.  It was different then becoming lucid.  Whenever I become lucid in a dream it's because I watch my hands "melt away".  This time, I was dreaming normally, and for reasons I can't explain it was the painting in my dream changing that induced the OOBE symptoms.  What I do know for certain is that lucid dreams and similar experiences are most common when I do energy work, and also in the morning.  As most do, I'll wake up in the morning, perhaps out of thirst or something, and then instead of going back to sleep, I'll lie flat on my back (not my sleeping position) and try to remain concious.  Harder said then done, I know, but I think because lying on my back is an unnatural way for me to sleep, it's easier to stay partially concious.  It's usually then that I have an LD.  

One last question to LOCO... when LD, how do you make the transition from lucid dreaming to OOB?
              - Buddha

loco

Alpha,
(and for Sampson too...)
I have never attepmted an obbe from somewhere else but a dream...I mean, I simply cannot go for an obbe by using relaxation, meditation...or any other system which starting point is being awake and fully conscient.
(who knows, maybe I should try harder)And I really admire people who can do so, I think it requires lots of concentration and will...And I´m rather the classic mediterranean lazy type of guy[:I]
But I cannot call my obbes something spontaneous either...becouse it´s clear I go for them, but always from a LD as starting point.Why is it so? I really don´t know. How do I do it, you ask? I really don´t know either..is just how it goes: I become lucid (at the beggining I was using the looking at hands method, but I found that is not really necessary)and as soon as I am aware of myself(lucid) , the dream stops abruptly and I am in full vibration pulling out my body in rtz. The sensation is kind of nice, well, it is extremely nice ! But sometimes I just cannot fully pull out becouse I get scary , concentration fails and I wake up in the middle of the pulling out...and then it turns a really disgusting feel, is really disgusting to wake up in full separation process ! I hope I can get better at it and keep my control all over the process.
Maybe I should start attempting obbes from a fully awake state, becouse I never know when I will have a lucid dream and with an awake method I could go for them whenever I wanted...but It seems I will have to get busy on it and as I said I am pretty lazy.[:)]
I agree with Sampson in that LD and obbes are pretty similar from a overall conscience point of view.But I think they are different enough so they are normally considered diferent things.My obbes are in rtz, have vibrations and pulling out sensations that LD don´t have(or at least I don´t feel, which is pretty much the same for the matter)

hey, cheers for all !

The AlphaOmega

I'm not really sure where this post would belong, but since this happened in my sleep I suppose I'll stick it in the dream section.  It's a little lengthy, but would appreciate responses.  I had the strangest experience of my life last night as I slept.  Recently I've been trying a new technique of OBE (never had an OBE before), and it has been causing me to have numerous lucid dreams.  But here's what occured last night...

In my dream I was very tired and wanted to sleep.  I layed down on a couch and as I began to get drousy I was looking at a painting.  There were some cartoonish faces in the picture and they were all smiling.  For some reason I felt I wanted them to frown, THEN THEY DID, and it shocked me.  But as they frowned I felt incredible disorientation and spun out of my body.  I then became quite lucid.  I kept spinning (my feet being the center of gravity) and spun out of my house.  I looked at the moon, and desperately wanted to stop spinning, so tried to go towards it.  I did so at a rate that frightened me, and said out loud "back to my body".  However, rather then coming back to my physical body, I returned to my dream body and found myself once again in front of the painting.  A few moments later I awoke and couldn't figure out if it was an OBE or not.  I slept again, and in my next dream I became lucid.  So I created a paiting on the wall, made the faces go from a smile to a frown, and it happened again.  I was lucid and aware and flying out of body in the dream realm.  On returning to my body, it was again within the dream and not within my real body lying in bed.  I wouldn't think it was an OBE, except for the lucidity I had when OOB in the dream.  I would think it was a lucid dream, except in both instances (and one more after that) I didn't merely become lucid, but seperated myself from my dream body.  Has anyone heard of such a thing?  How should I classify this?  It wasn't a real time OBE in which I was aware of leaving my physical body, but the events that took place were far different then a lucid dream (as I'm quite use to those).  Could this be a different phenomenon?
              - Buddha