News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Pictures in minds eye before sleep

Previous topic - Next topic

goro13

OK so all my life I've had random images playing in my mind's eye right before I go to sleep.  They're mostly sporadic images and almost dream like but I have a strong since of already seeing them each time the play in my head.  Sometimes I can take a scenario that I've made and play it through until everything goes to auto pilot and I just keep going making up new places to go without difficulty.  I've talked to many other people that have no clue what I'm talking about so I was wondering if anyone else knows what I'm talking about and if they have any idea of what these images exactly are.  They do help aid sleep but I'm wondering if there's more to them?  thanks

BahBoon

Yea. Its pretty normal here around these forums. People usually use that technique to enter a Lucid dream.

MisterJingo

These are called hypnagogic images. Everyone experiences them, but like dreams, I guess few remember. They are usually experienced as one decends into sleep. But as one becomes familiar with trance states and meditation they can be experienced when quite awake (being a distraction usually).

goro13

And how would you use them to enter into lucid dreaming? Thanks.

Frank

Hello:

These kinds of images are very normal to people who practice this art. In Monroe terms you are entering the Focus 12 state. If you hold your awareness by observing the images. Not too much but then not so loosely that you fall asleep. (There is a very fine line you need to tread at this point.) You will find after a little while you will "enter" the imagery. The whole space will open out into the vast expanse of mind (everything takes on a 3D effect) and you will be free to go walkabout.

Yours,
Frank

MisterJingo

Quote from: FrankHello:

These kinds of images are very normal to people who practice this art. In Monroe terms you are entering the Focus 12 state. If you hold your awareness by observing the images. Not too much but then not so loosely that you fall asleep. (There is a very fine line you need to tread at this point.) You will find after a little while you will "enter" the imagery. The whole space will open out into the vast expanse of mind (everything takes on a 3D effect) and you will be free to go walkabout.

Yours,
Frank

Frank, I never really equated this state with F12 before. I can quickly enter a state where hypnagogic scenarios are evident, but I usually ignore them as I figured they were detremental to what I was trying to do.
I've been wondering lately if ignoring them has been the right route to take...

Frank

Major Tom:

I find these images can just take on any pattern, for any reason. I never managed to find any particular patterns that I could say, yes, that's a definite. Lately, for example, I have been seeing a lot of textured effects. Brown and yellow colours seem to dominate. When I went through this phase before I'd get lots of shades of blue. Really deep blues as well. Not long ago I went through a phase of getting pictures. Just still pictures of people I have never seen before, not to my objective knowledge that is. It was just a picture phase, I suppose, and now it's effects again.

What has happened the past few days is I have been softly focused on an effect, expecting it to melt away and then getting the feeling of forwards movement as per usual. Then, suddenly, there is this enormous BANG! And the whole effect explodes like a firework into a million falling stars. The first time it happened was about a week ago and it nearly shocked the life out of me! I never zapped back to C1 so quick, lol.

After I was just laying in bed thinking what the heck was that all about? It's happened 3 times now. But I suppose that will go away and something else will come along.

Yours,
Frank

goro13

Wait so how can people use these images to enter lucid dreaming?

wantsumrice

Actually, this is a really interesting topic.  

I'm assuming that when you guys see these images that you aren't totally aware?  As in, you might not be thinking?  For me, right before and right after I sleep, there is a sense of slowness and ridiculousness to my thinking.

Like last night, right before I droned off to sleep I had thoughts of bunjee jumping off of my 3 story school building.  To which, I immediately awoke from the retarded stupor and realized how ridiculous that thought actually was.  Happens to me all the time.  Perhaps my thoughts, and maybe your images are closely related?

Ivanda

I had caught myself several times in hypnogogic (sp?) state before even knowing what it is and how it is called. It was really amusing to find myself talking or doing absolutely silly, senseless things to somebody I never knew before.  :lol: So now, since I started practicing OBE and deep relaxation, I can do it every time. The problem is I become too aware and controlling and kind of drift out of it. How to avoid this problem?

Oh I know the answer, PRACTICE, PRACTICE and PRACTICE again!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
"And now these three remain: Faith, Hope and Love. But the greatest of these is Love."
(Corinthians, 1:13)