News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

precognitive dreams

Previous topic - Next topic

The AlphaOmega

If you think you have pre-cog dreams, the real question should probably be why?  
A.  What could you have done about the accident?  Wasn't even a motorcycle.  Would you have recognized something was about to happen?  Which brings up...
B.  When you wake up in the morning after a pre-cog dream, do you know it was a pre-cog?  I'm about 99% sure you don't recognize that it was a pre-cog dream untill after the incident, and then you recall your dream.  Most likely you wake up, think that was wierd (or not, as nothing is really wierd in dreams), and go throughout your day.  So if you are having pre-cog dreams... I guess the main question is, does it really mean anything at all if in the course of your life you can never do anything about them?
"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

astralpwka

My dreams used to have precognitive elements while in High School. I never predicted any disasters, only stupid stuff such as what my friend purchased for his first vehicle.

Nowadays although I pay attention to repeating themes, I don't put much faith in them being precognitive. Especially now that I'm messing them up by going lucid all of the time. [:D]

DarkOne

alpha you were pretty much right. a dream is a dream.....whether or not a regular dream can have precognitive elements is what i myself am curious about. Im actually researching dream precognition right now but what im really interested in is lucid dream precognition. Personally i dont think precognition works in any practical enough way to put it to use.

DarkOne

i had a dream about a year ago where there was a blue motorcycle that crashed in my neighborhood. It was a blue motorcycle and it wrecked near my culdesac. The next day i was walking outside a little ways up from the culdesac and i came upon a 4 wheeler accident. Interestingly enough the 4 wheeler was blue.  I couldnt help but think back to my dream the previous night even though in the dream i was dealing with a motorcycle and the location of the accident was a little differant (off by only a few yards). has anyone else had similar dreams that involve psi type phenomena?

Forestianfire

that happens to me except its exactly what will happen, but when it happens can be from minutes to years after the dream is over. I actually had a dream about a house that i was going to buy years before we were thinking about even getting a house. but usually my precog. dreams are pointless, like a person saying something out of context or a person walking somewhere.
all theese little people.....

Shrike

QuoteWhen you wake up in the morning after a pre-cog dream, do you know it was a pre-cog?

Usually, I can never tell.  the 99% figure sounds about right, at least 90%.  

QuoteI guess the main question is, does it really mean anything at all if in the course of your life you can never do anything about them?

Well, it turned me into a determinist.  However, I don't think they really have an impact.  I'm like fire:

Quotethat happens to me except its exactly what will happen, but when it happens can be from minutes to years after the dream is over. I actually had a dream about a house that i was going to buy years before we were thinking about even getting a house. but usually my precog. dreams are pointless, like a person saying something out of context or a person walking somewhere.

Also, I'll add that I've had several dreams that I experience later, but the odd thing is even if I try to change the events or outcomes, I can't.  I end up doing the same things in real life as int he dream.  A really creepy feeling to be thinking one thing and say another, or to try to walk somewhere and not be able to move.  But, most of the time I'll have these random dreams and have no clue if/when they'll come true.  

QuotePersonally i don't think precognition works in any practical enough way to put it to use.

Exactly, no one can really tell if their dreams are pre-cog, unless all of there dreams are.  Even so, who's to say when they'll stop being so.

Quotewhat I'm really interested in is lucid dream precognition

I'm not sure that will work.  Lucid dreaming is inherently subjective.  The instant you go lucid you form the dream.  Even saying in your mind something like "Show me the future" would probably just show you what you assume will be or what you want to see.  Not saying it's impossible, though.  If you ever figure it out I could use some lottery numbers to, err, prove me wrong.
It is foolish to fear what you cannot avoid.