News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Real World thoughts during an LD

Previous topic - Next topic

servo-15

Hi,
Yes, its definitely possible, although I've never tried to do so while LDing. There is a classification of different levels of LD, from 1-4, i think - where 4 is a low level LD, and 4 is with maximum lucidity. Check out ld4all.com for more info.

-servo

lucid dancer

I'm a little late in replying to this. I have been trying to increase my awareness of conscious life while dreaming. I find it annoying that I can only remember a few facts of my life in the dream. I think a lot more is possible. I would like to get to a point where I can have an awareness of my life. It's funny, I may dream of my house, then wake up knowing it wasn't really MY house! Some things come and go. Maybe if we take a little time and dedication, more will be possible!

iamacavemen

quote:
Originally posted by VirtualMusician:
Hi All,

I am interested to know if anybody is aware of real world things during an LD. i.e the date or what the weather was like before you fell asleep or even where you are physically while you are LD'ing. I have never been able to think of such things while in an LD but wondered if it was possible.

Cheers,
VM.
when it rain ..and obe..seem to me That the center of those ring every were is a memory of my past...just go in a poke your head into ant of then ,....you see your self young old our other past lifes we al carry our past w/ us!!

love.....love.....love....we are all one
our brother include all lifes !!!what have we done Killing killing killing for $$$ power greed

RandomName

This is quite a funny topic. i was going to post this same thing. I have an answer for you however. A story too if you care to hear it. yes you can remember real life things while LDing or Projected, and I use to wonder the same things until my first false-awakening OBE recently. I found myself out in my front yard using a bathroom that OBVIOUSLY wasn't there. Go ahead and laugh, ill wait for you... Ok, I immediately thought, this isn't right! I glanced at my hands and they melted. I remembered reading details about melting hands in Astral Dynamics DURING this. i then kept referring to memories of AD so that i could use techniques to ease flying difficulty and such. its a TON of fun once you get out. I still need to learn to Project easily though. Wish me luck, and the same for you

Patty

You know, I think there is something similar in waking life, too. It's as though we are limited to thinking about only what is in front of us. Have you ever tried telling someone how to drive somewhere and found that you were unable to remember all the turns and whatnot - but that when you personally drove there you had no trouble finding the way? Or if you go to one end of the house to get something and you forget what it is. You go back to where you started and then you can remember "oh yeah, I wanted to change into my sandals."

i think the same thing is going on (but to a greater degree) when you are in the astral realm as opposed to the physical realm. I think working on greater consciousness is worthwhile - it may be something simple like developing mnemonic devices to remind yourself that if you are astral, then your perception might be affected and to try to maintain awarenesss of that. I think the confusion that you mention is a larger example of a common waking experience of limited cognition of that which is not right in front of us..

I'm seeing through this forum that there are levels upon levels. A few years ago, I thought I was 'advanced' relative to friends and family because I remembered my dreams and they didn't.  I thought that those who had projections must be way way advanced, top of the top. Well, after having a few projections, now I think that those who have conscious projections are where it's "at." Another level. But then I read about other levels of mysticism, like where Robert talked about raising kundalini - and I feel like he's talking about another level. No doubt there are levels beyond that, too!  Perhaps the 'angels' that he talks about.  Maybe it never ends!

I guess I went off on a tangent.

$0.02

Patty

Joe

The only other 2c that I could add is not to be too rigid in what you consider "real world" perceptions. Your dream/astral body has been immersed in it's own dream/astral existence night after night, and from it's point of view, your waking perceptions are as distant and unreal as the dream perceptions are on waking. Sometimes it feels like you're a different person altogether. There's so much to learn from your dream mind that I would prefer to examine my subconscious, go through some deep emotional catharsis, and generally examine spiritual life concepts than worry about my "earthly" me. I had a LD on Saturday where I stepped through a door that I imagined led to me when I was a child, and then saw myself in my old house and sat down and talked with this child. It was one of the most deeply emotional and educational experiences I can recall. I treasure these more than doing "weird" or "cool" stuff, as they help so much more with spiritual progress. Just another perspective.

reclining orb

It's certainly possible to come back to your physical body and feel where "it" is at.  This can result in sleep paralysis, which I may be only the person who considers fun.  

It's also possible to have a pseudo experience of the above and not really get your awareness fully back into the physical.  Lots of levels are possible.  The first is like one of those peepholes in a medieval castle; you get right to the edge of waking-up and look-in on the body (your eye becomes the eye in the painting, if you will).  The second is like a guard in a security center.  You stay well away in dream-land but take a remote glance at your body.

VirtualMusician

Hi All,

I am interested to know if anybody is aware of real world things during an LD. i.e the date or what the weather was like before you fell asleep or even where you are physically while you are LD'ing. I have never been able to think of such things while in an LD but wondered if it was possible.

Cheers,
VM.