News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

arguing with my dream co-stars!

Previous topic - Next topic

Mini stapler

So a few dreams recently that I have had I have found a bit comical and felt like sharing, the dreams are not very interesting in themselves but anyway, the first I was with a couple of people I don't think I knew, in some place that was a combination of 3 places I actually know that I guess have or had a somewhat emotional attachment to, the street I lived on as a kid, the street I spent most my time with childhood friends on, and a restaurant I really liked to go to with an Ex - and basically I became completely aware and lucid, and then began to question my dream companions, starting with "You know this is a dream right?" he replies "shut up, of course it's not" I say "Okay do you know me?" he says "YES!!" I say "Whats my name then?" which was replied with a silent confused face.  :? Lol

Another was at my childhood house again, I was having a very heated argument with my best friend, an argument that had actually happened and is the reason we haven't kept in touch over the past 8 years - So I'm not lucid this time, and we are arguing and I stop him in the middle of a screaming fit, and say "Is this the first time we have had this argument?" "is this real?" and he just stares at e confused lol and I've had probably 3 or 4 more recently like this were I'm semi aware & stop the action to tell my co-stars it's a dream, they never believe me though.  :-(

I find this quite funny when I wake up, out of the infinite possibilities of things I could be doing when I become aware in my dreams, I choose to try to convince dream characters that they are just that! I used to find much more fun ways to spend my lucidity! :roll: Anyway, just something quirky I thought I'd share lol  8-)

Szaxx

Hi,
If you know your aware then why not use this for an exit and really enjoy yourself?
Maybe thats the hidden argument.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Mini stapler

Quote from: Szaxx on June 20, 2012, 08:59:12
Hi,
If you know your aware then why not use this for an exit and really enjoy yourself?
Maybe thats the hidden argument.

How do I exit from a dream?? I'm new to actively trying to project... though I have had some success in the past, I think.. most recently I tried a couple of nights ago, and went through the body asleep mind awake, then the vibrations, I don't remember 'exiting' but I was moving around which felt like trying to walk against a 1000 mile an hour wind and was very disorientated and my vision was extremely distorted and I think it was very noisy also and I ended up at the top of the stairs but 2 people were standing there who quickly turned and walked away and I awkwardly tried to walk over and tried to talk but it was like my tongue wouldnt work and mouth wouldn’t move... not sure if that was a projection or a dream or what... :s 

& yeah that's basically why I wake up laughing at myself, wondering why I would choose to argue with figments of my imagination (or what ever dreams are made of) rather than say, enjoy being aware in my dream and having some fun!

Edit: No worries, I looked at FAQ and found the answer to my question. :D

Lionheart

Quote from: Mini stapler on June 20, 2012, 09:28:50
How do I exit from a dream??
After you realize you are in a Dream, stop what you are doing in that Dream , without waking yourself up, then change your intent to a different destination or activity. It's tricky because you will find that a lot of the times when you realize you are Dreaming that for some reason you wake up. You need to passively make the shift.
Good Luck and Safe Travels!  :-)

Szaxx

Hi,
Good on you using your initiative to find the answer. As Lion says, do it slowly thinking of being somewhere outside your home. It will take a few attempts as you can  wake up, until you slow things down.
Best of luck.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Lionheart

Learning everything I can about Lucid Dreams in every aspect has become a major focus of mine lately. I just recently came across this YouTube video courtesy of ElusivePortal.com and found it fantastic for those that share my passion as well. Enjoy!  :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP_jzImhP8s&feature=related

Mini stapler

Thank you for the advice guys, I will try it out! and yes Szaxx, I spent some time reading the FAQ posts as to try not to ask anymore questions that had already been answered in the future! :-D Ah nice one lionheart, I shall watch now! I love lucid dreaming, I've been reading about all this stuff for quite some time, but am really diving into it now and trying to get lots of intentional first hand experience, so share anything of interest you come across!!  :-D