News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Snakes in a dream

Previous topic - Next topic

Open-Minded-Soldier

Last night I woke from a dream,  I don't like snakes and my wife is terrified by them but in my dream I kept finding snakes in my current house and I would have to kill them with a machete (large knife) .... this is actually the second dream about having snakes in my current house but in the first one I just knew they were there and ignored them most of the time.  What do you all think about dreams like this.  The dream book I read said snakes represent change....

beavis

i like snakes

i used to get a really small snake and wear it around my finger like a ring, to scare my grandma.

they never bit me

Selski

Hello Open-Minded-Soldier

Snakes, huh?  The trouble with dream books that interpret animals and so on, is that they don't half differ from book to book.  The following is from a website:

Snake

To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you.  Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. The snake may also be seen as phallic and thus symbolize dangerous and forbidden sexuality. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes.  

So quite a lot there to go on...  :wink:

And in a book I have in front of me it says:

Snake

With its shedding skin, this reptile is linked to the powers of transformation and to ridding yourself of the past.  

Then it goes on to say:

Snakes regularly shed their skin, so dreaming of a snake is usually a metaphor for shaking off the past and making a fresh start.  It is also symbolically linked to the cycle of death and rebirth.

Snakes are probably a common dream animal.  A lot of people are frightened of snakes, and you say you don't like them.  

I think to get to the bottom of your dream, you might want to really ponder what it is you don't like about snakes.  What do snakes represent to you?  You also say that you would have to kill them with a machete.  Why?  Were they threatening you?  Why did you HAVE to kill them?  

Houses typically represent yourself.  Perhaps there is some aspect of yourself that you are not happy with and you want to get rid of it.

I'm not a dream expert - I have trouble working out my own, but the above might give you a few ideas.  I would suggest that if you think it is one of those "more important" dreams, then continue wondering about it and going back to it - you may find it becomes clearer in a few day's time.  Mine can take a while, sometimes weeks before something happens and I think, "ah, so that's what it was about!"

Good luck.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Open-Minded-Soldier

thanks selski that gives me a whole new perception on things

poetic_tragedy

Hmm...since were talking about snakes... I once had a dream that I was a snake and I was looking for love - which I found. What would actually BEING A SNAKE possibly mean?

astral man

I have had several dreams ( mostly when i was little ) about falling into a pit, i had no idea where the pit was, and sometimes it had snakes and sometimes it was filled with spiders, the really big hairy ones!!!! YUCK. I recently had a dream where my mum and i were in my school, i one of the science labs, and the snakes were coming through the walls, and we were on the tables trying to get away from them.

What do spiders mean??
:o
"People only see what they are prepared to see."

Selski

astral man

I always thought spiders were representative of one's Mother.  I guess it depends on YOUR thoughts about spiders.  You put "yuck" so I suppose you don't like them much, so I can deduce that the spiders represented something negative.  Ha, I ought to start charging for this!

Anyway, here's what my book says about spiders - oooh, quite a lot actually:

The spider is a brave and tenacious creature.  It can build a web high in the rafters of a building; it can suspend itself from a tiny thread and swing in the air as it builds its web: and if its web is destroyed, it simply builds another.  Anyone who has tried to clear spiders' webs from the home will know that unless you remove the spiders as well, the webs always return within a day or two.  The spider also has an eye for beauty.  Have you ever seen an ugly spider's web?  Once it has built its web, the spider has to sit and wait for a fly to become caught in it, but the spider knows patience and will wait as long as it takes for the fly to come along.  Most of the spiders that weave webs are female, which shows that patience comes more easily to women than to men.  A seemingly insignificant creature, the spider can still teach us so many lessons.  

If a spider appears in your dreams, it is to teach all of the above and much more.  The Native North American dreamcatcher was originally created through observation of the spider, and this creature is perhaps one of the most powerful allies in the land of dreams.

Wow - so there you are.  Spiders are GREAT!!  Three cheers for the eight-legged hairy creepy-crawlies.  Hurrah!

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

astral man

Thanks, and YAY for spiders ( although i think they are still yuck! hehehehe )

Thanks
"People only see what they are prepared to see."