News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Trouble remembering lucid dreams.

Previous topic - Next topic

donzieja

I should probably try journaling these dreams... that might help.

Summerlander

It will help. Having a dream journal improves you dream and OOBE memory. If you don't right down what you remember straight away upon waking, it may escape you. The more you get into the habit of recording your "other life", the more you'll remember as you get into the habit of paying attention to it as much as you pay attention to waking life. In fact, you can also forget things in waking life, especially if you deem them unimportant. Some people out there reckon they never dream...but the truth is, they DO! They just think that waking life is the only one that matters.

Pritchmr

Haha, I love how you answered your own question. But yes, I keep a dream journal and it has been working amazingly. I remember 3-4 dreams in the morning.

Volgerle

Besides a journal, you can still do even more. I'm actually quoting myself here (too lazy to re-write it now) from my journal at the Astraldynamics forum, this is the techique I first applied after a very long AP immediately after re-entry (this is important!) and it worked for me (of course, also for non-lucid (dream) adventures). Maybe it is interesting for you and some of you would like to try this out for yourselves too:

POST-IMPRINTING/MEMO TECHNIQUE FOR NON-PHYSICAL EXPERIENCES

After you 'wake up' do the following:

1.) DO NOT MOVE !!!
Not by an inch !!! It is vital you stay exactly in the sleeping position you where in when you 're-entered/woke up'.
2.) CLOSE YOUR EYES AGAIN !!
If you opened them at all, shut them almost immediately again!
3.) Start REWIND-REPLAY PROCESS on the spot!
This is vital to get down all the information, you should do this scene by scene, that means go back to 3. min and play it til 4 min., then go back to 2.min to 3.min to fill the gap... etc.
Alternatively, you can also try to do it all fom the beginning, but I believe that is even more difficult. Or you can do it from last scene (start to finsh), then the scene before that and before that and so on.
No matter which way, be VERY patient and keep your eyes closed and go through the whole experience until you are certain that you 'saved' everything back into waking memory. You can be certain: if it is only once repeated, it will stay. If you are uncertain go through specific 'insecure' parts a second time, after that you can be sure that you have stored it in your short-/middle-term memory and go to step 4.
4.) Only then you should move, get up and go to your dream/projecion JOURNAL and note it all down immediately, maybe some additional memories as details and smaller scenes will come to you as 'fillers', then too. This happens naturally when you have re-played the main context it is embedded in.

personalreality

Quote from: Volgerle on May 12, 2011, 18:31:47
Besides a journal, you can still do even more. I'm actually quoting myself here (too lazy to re-write it now) from my journal at the Astraldynamics forum, this is the techique I first applied after a very long AP immediately after re-entry (this is important!) and it worked for me (of course, also for non-lucid (dream) adventures). Maybe it is interesting for you and some of you would like to try this out for yourselves too:

POST-IMPRINTING/MEMO TECHNIQUE FOR NON-PHYSICAL EXPERIENCES

After you 'wake up' do the following:

1.) DO NOT MOVE !!!
Not by an inch !!! It is vital you stay exactly in the sleeping position you where in when you 're-entered/woke up'.
2.) CLOSE YOUR EYES AGAIN !!
If you opened them at all, shut them almost immediately again!
3.) Start REWIND-REPLAY PROCESS on the spot!
This is vital to get down all the information, you should do this scene by scene, that means go back to 3. min and play it til 4 min., then go back to 2.min to 3.min to fill the gap... etc.
Alternatively, you can also try to do it all fom the beginning, but I believe that is even more difficult. Or you can do it from last scene (start to finsh), then the scene before that and before that and so on.
No matter which way, be VERY patient and keep your eyes closed and go through the whole experience until you are certain that you 'saved' everything back into waking memory. You can be certain: if it is only once repeated, it will stay. If you are uncertain go through specific 'insecure' parts a second time, after that you can be sure that you have stored it in your short-/middle-term memory and go to step 4.
4.) Only then you should move, get up and go to your dream/projecion JOURNAL and note it all down immediately, maybe some additional memories as details and smaller scenes will come to you as 'fillers', then too. This happens naturally when you have re-played the main context it is embedded in.

^

this has been popping up a lot in the past few weeks.  this is an excellent explanation volgerie, other members take not if you have this question because this is a great answer.
be awesome.