News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Trucks

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth

I have had several dreams over the last few months that involve "Trucks."

This is quite strange for me because I don't have a particular attachment to trucks... :confused:

Anyway, the first dream was a semi-truck (an 18-wheeler) that went speeding past me on the freeway and it slammed into an overpass, going right through it as it wrecked. It left a pretty good sized hole in the side of the bridge. I stopped in a far right hand lane, got out of my car and walked through the hole to see if I could help. When I got there though, emergency vehicles were already on the scene. The wreckage was a mess and ended up involving quite a few vehicles on the other side, but there was nothing that I could really do to help...

In the second dream, a fuel tanker came across the freeway in front of me and just turned right over on its side. I knew that the fuel was flammable and thought to turn around and go the other way, but was compelled to stay put and help if I could.

I know that "vehicles" can represent the "self" but in both of these dreams I am in my own vehicle and also behind the wheel driving at the time.

Nothing has recently occurred in my life that would explain these dreams (I don't think anyway.)

Any suggestions on an interp?

~Beth
Become a Critical Thinker!
"Ignorance is the greatest of all sins."
                   --Origen of Alexandria

Nay

Maybe the "larger" vehicles represent a larger "self"?  And the whole in the wall that the first one made, could that mean that this larger self is making a path for you?

That was my go at it. :grin:

Beth

Great insight Nay!! I hadn't thought of that angle!!   :grin:

What about the second truck though? I knew instictively that it was flammable fuel and that it might "blow" after it had turned over--even though it never did in the dream--but I still felt compelled to stay with it.

~Beth
                   --Origen of Alexandria

kai wren

I'd personally interpret that in one of two ways.

1) The second truck represents a better self, but you feel afraid of it in some way, but know that you must attain this better self somehow, despite the risks/danger to your current self/life.

2) The second truck could also represent a relationship which you know could be dangerous or wrong for you, but you desire to keep with it or start it regardless, both dreams seem to have an element of this danger about them, so on some level I'd say you fear it, but the inevitability of it implies that you also strongly desire it. Whatever it is.

Or I could just be making stuff up :P

CFTraveler

Here's my 'inexpert' interpretation:
The first truck, pretty much wreaks havoc, doesn't stop to help, but there is a feeling of guilt-
The second truck caused you to stay with it to see if you could help- you were anticipating trouble.
Provided the trucks are metaphors for you- you are engaging in something you don't feel good about- things are 'getting away from you' - runaway train style-
You see something bigger or worse, with larger potential for disaster (fuel tanker) but are preparing to 'take care' of it- This time the desire to help (positivity) overrides the original act or attitude.
Your nurturing nature is overcoming the other (destructive?) nature?
:dont-know:

Nay

Quote from: BethWhat about the second truck though? I knew instictively that it was flammable fuel and that it might "blow" after it had turned over--even though it never did in the dream--but I still felt compelled to stay with it.
Ego?  And maybe it goes to show that Ego and Self are both very large?

And thanks! :grin:

Beth

Quote from: Nay
Quote from: BethWhat about the second truck though? I knew instictively that it was flammable fuel and that it might "blow" after it had turned over--even though it never did in the dream--but I still felt compelled to stay with it.

hmmm...that's an interesting observation. In contrast, however, a very good friend of mine told me just last weekend that I needed to strengthen my ego, that I needed to develop more self-confidence and courage for the things that I need to do in the future. Maybe the dreams are showing me a fear that I have that my ego will get too big...???

I will think on this...

Thanks,
~Beth
                   --Origen of Alexandria

Beth

Quote from: CFTravelerHere's my 'inexpert' interpretation:
The first truck, pretty much wreaks havoc, doesn't stop to help, but there is a feeling of guilt-
The second truck caused you to stay with it to see if you could help- you were anticipating trouble.
Provided the trucks are metaphors for you- you are engaging in something you don't feel good about- things are 'getting away from you' - runaway train style-
You see something bigger or worse, with larger potential for disaster (fuel tanker) but are preparing to 'take care' of it- This time the desire to help (positivity) overrides the original act or attitude.
Your nurturing nature is overcoming the other (destructive?) nature?
:dont-know:

In the dreams, I never felt like I was personally being compromised, but that events were taking place that I had no control over at all. I was not personally involved in either wreck, but was a bystander or witness to the wrecks instead.  I also really wanted to help in both cases.

Because of the work that I do, I am in constant tension with religious issues and situations. Religion is a pretty big entity in our world; maybe I am feeling like I want to help something that is so much bigger than me and yet, I am seeing with my own "eyes" that there is really nothing that I can do except "be there"...???

hmm....I don't know either!! :dont-know:

I will continue to think on this...but thanks for all the input!!! :grin:

~Beth
                   --Origen of Alexandria

Beth

Quote from: kai wrenI'd personally interpret that in one of two ways.

1) The second truck represents a better self, but you feel afraid of it in some way, but know that you must attain this better self somehow, despite the risks/danger to your current self/life.

2) The second truck could also represent a relationship which you know could be dangerous or wrong for you, but you desire to keep with it or start it regardless, both dreams seem to have an element of this danger about them, so on some level I'd say you fear it, but the inevitability of it implies that you also strongly desire it. Whatever it is.

Or I could just be making stuff up :P

kai wren,

The first one sounds reasonable, given what my friend told me last weekend. The second suggestion may be a relationship with my work, or perhaps, on a personal level I am afraid to let anyone in on an intimate level because it might "blow up" in my face???  (I am certainly "gun-shy" when it comes to love relationships!!! :confused: )

Thanks for the insight! It really helps to get other people's opinions!!

~Beth
                   --Origen of Alexandria

Nay

Quote from: Beth
Quote from: Nay

hmmm...that's an interesting observation. In contrast, however, a very good friend of mine told me just last weekend that I needed to strengthen my ego, that I needed to develop more self-confidence and courage for the things that I need to do in the future. Maybe the dreams are showing me a fear that I have that my ego will get too big...???

I will think on this...

Thanks,
~Beth
Maybe it was showing you to BE bigger?  Hence why you didn't want to leave it..?  

LOL.. I don't know, but good luck Beth!

cainam_nazier

This was touched on slightly but here we go.

Usually the vehicle you are in a representation of your life.  More so if it is your car.  How you view it and how you feel in it while driving is how you see your life and what you think of it at the moment.

The road you are traveling on is your path in life.  The type of road is often viewed as a point of importance.  Long country type roads usually say that you are content and just kinda going along.  Straight roads usually indicate a single mindedness on you destination.  Busy roads like freeways can say a couple of different things.  There are many paths of freeways, many obstacles too, and other drivers.  There can be a lot of chaos on freeways.  The other drivers can be people in your life, the way in which they drive is how you fell about them.  Things that cause you to slow down or stop are the various things in your life that you are either having problems with or feel you need to deal with before continuing.

The wrecks in your dream could be problems that you feel you need to deal with.  Either from people you know or things that just show up.  You see the wreck happen which shows you are aware of the problem.  Your stopping shows a willingness to deal with it.  If you had just come up on it instead I would have said that you felt it was something out of your control.  However stopping is one things, but the feeling like you can't do anything after shows that you may not have the skill or are uncertain where to start.  You want to deal with it be feel ill equipped.

It's a little long winded but I hope it helps you sort things out.

Beth

:shock:  Wow!

Have you thought about offering dream interpretation as a serious sideline activity??  

That was actually quite good cainam_nazier!

Thanks! :grin:
~Beth
                   --Origen of Alexandria

cainam_nazier

Actually all this stuff I learned from looking into my own dreams.  That and it's not all gathered form the info you provided about your dream.  As a result the info is not always readily available.  This format seems to be easier for me to get the info.  It's like a form of automatic writing.  I just kinda get going and before you know it I have written twice as much as what I was thinking about.