News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What exactly happens from step 1 and beyond?

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowsubmarine

Not sure if this is the answer to your question; the first step to having LDs however seems to be in your ability to recall your dreams in the morning, everday for a consistent period. Keeping a dream journal, handheld tape recorder, laptop are all good things for recording. It took me 2 sequential days of recording when I noticed very quickly that I was able to recall vividly 2 - 3 dreams a night. It's at this point when you've programmed your subconcious enough with doing this that you expand your awareness into the waking world and question periodicly if you're dreaming or not. It seems like LDs are triggered when the subconcious mind becomes aware of itself and is able to properly communicate this with the concious mind while in deep sleep. I'm no expert however, just a beginner and have only acchieved lucidity a few times and it was mucho fun.

take it easy
rick

kozzi

I absolutely agree with yellowsubmarine.  I'm not sure, though, if what you had was a lucid dream or just visualization.  I'm also not sure if visualization can't necessarily become lucid dreams...   do you follow me?  It's really up to you to compare your experience with others who've had LDs.  We can't really know exactly what your experience was.  You should have been rather amazed with the reality of your experience.  I'm sure that even practiced LDers will agree that everytime is just as amazing as the first, so I believe that's pretty good criteria to follow.

Kozzi

jc84corvette

What I mean is, what happens from the get-go for a LD to happen? Please explain.

Another question, do you have to imagine to get into a LD?

Because I think I had a LD a wile ago in Auguest. I listened to the Sleep Presets for BWGEN wile sitting back with my feet up in my PC chair with the monitor off. I was all alone. I was REALLY relaxed and so I started to doze off a bit but my mind was fully awake because of BWGEN. Well I started imagining stuff like my girlfriend and I on top of a cliff thing (like the grand canyon in a way). She kissed me and then I jumped off the cliff. I was about half way down untill some one came home and the door noise woke me up. So I was really sleeping *my body* and my mind was awake doing the imagining? Or is it I imagined when my body slept and my imagination became into a LD wile my mind really doze off?

When the door made the noise I woke up with the same reactions like I would if I am sleeping on my bed...

Any thoughts? And please answer my original question witch was...

what happens from the get-go for a LD to happen.