News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Whats the difference?

Previous topic - Next topic

Logic

I believe its pretty much what kind of awarness you are trying to achieve, regardless of how you get there.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

wisp

spiral,
There is a difference for me. In both kinds of the experience it has been instaneous.The kind of obe I separate from my usual obe is that of flying or floating. The exiting activity I read about hasn't been my experience at all.

Manix

OH! good question spiral.

I've had one WILD (Wake Induced LD) and one Wake induced OBE. Both I'm a bit foggy about the details of as its been awhile. However, the differences I recall experiencing were these.
In the WILD I seemed to dive head first into the 'hypnotic imagery'. Another words, I was at the contimplative state of sleep where you tend to visualize what your thinking about. Rather than passing the image up, I continued to focus on it and ended up inside the image, lucid and having a dream.  

Now the Wake induced OBE is a little sketchier becuase it's not as recent. I think I was beyond the imagery, a deeper state of sleep perhaps. As always, I just happened to catch myself before completly nodding off and was able to pull off an exit. Prior to exit I have only the recollection of dosing...for 2 hours. I started at 9 PM and woke up from the OBE at 11 something PM. I'm not sure thats an answer to your question, it's just my account. Perhaps OBE's occur in a deeper state of sleep? Maybe not, maybe that's just how they work for me.
"Doohicky" "thingie", "thingamajigger" and "what'sit" are all commonly accepted engineering terms these days. Impress your boss and use more than one in a sentance... Major brownie points!
-Corax a.k.a RavenCAD

spiral

Logic:
So I can use the same method, so long as my intentions are different? Thats pretty much what I've always thought too.

Wisp:
Sorry wisp, I'm not sure I understand correctly, do you use different methods to achieve your different types of obe?

Manix:
Thanks for sharing that, my experiences have always been accidental. I've been attemping wake induced obe but I have difficulty staying awake once those images start coming. I'm sure I haven't far to go though.

Thanks everyone[:)]

wisp

spiral,
Now, you have me thinking.[:)] Actually, thinking is what I love to do, and you've brought up some points I hadn't thought about.

I don't do anything except lie down and close my eyes. Anything that happens just happens. Sometimes I may try something like traveling somewhere, but not often. I see things and let whatever happens flow visually. Sometimes it leads somewhere, sometimes not. If I'm still curious after no visual appears, I switch to listening (no vision).I then either go to sleep or experience something within 5 minutes. Then I snap back from wherever. The experience is short. Short being anywhere from a second, to 5-10 minutes.

I mentioned in my previous post about on the ground, or in the air oobes.There is a third I had forgotten to mention. This third kind involved vibration. I found myself in the ground and while getting up, a quaking. A shaking back and forth of my world! It was so scary, it woke me up.This was my second earthquake experience, but the other one was from a different view point, and a wakeful projection.I'm just now learning how and what projection means.

Another thought about vibration, it's noticed by listening. This is not the same vibration I've mentioned just before this. There will be an increase or sharpness in the pitch of sound. This is just before an experience as well. This is why I brought up listening, as well as visualizing.

You may feel the sounds in your bones, a snapping, cracking, or similiar sensations. These have been called exit sounds. There are also sounds going on in the room or house.

This may be more than you ask for, but it may help to understand these little sensations (vibrations).

Other than the just closing the eyes thing, there is something I use to do. It sent me on a bad trip once, so I hesitate telling it.I made the mistake of traveling from point A to point B  through, or from a sight of many violent deaths.  Fortunately I had the energy to get out, and I had to stay up all night with my eyes open. I discovered the dangers of self hypnotic suggestion. I use to use several of these (self hypnosis), but way too sensitive to that sort of thing now.

spiral

Just a little question for anyone whos around..
Is there any difference between going into a lucid dream from waking and going into an obe from waking?
I understand that dream and obe are at different levels/depths of conciousness, but does the method for inducing each of these differ at all? or Can you pretty much use the same method, but locate yourself at different focus points in your awareness?