Are the secondary chakras still important

Previous topic - Next topic

Cool101

I know that there are 7 main chakras but 114 in total on the human body but are the 107 secondary chakras / energy points  still important too keep the energy balance in your body

Xanth

Nope.  And one day you'll learn that the primary ones aren't important either.  :)

Bluefirephoenix

They are inherently only symbolic but we usually need to use symbols. Xanth is correct chakras are not "real" in the same sense nothing else is real all is consciousness. However, I diverge from that. Consciousness is the only thing but that consciousness evolved for a reason. It is the one thing but now it is much more than that. I believe that it is also one with us as well as containing it's own self awareness. As parts of the consciousness we need to evolve and grow. Symbols are very useful for this.

The chakra system is entirely symbolic, but they are a good tool that helps us to learn how consciousness and energy relates to this world and to us. It's close to where our current focus is, which is why it's popular and so many find it to be effective.  So you can use the 7 main chakras if you want to or you can diverge and go with 3 or 100 or whatever you want. I personally only use 3. I like strong focus with simple concepts. I do find the symbolism helpful even though I know it's not a " real" thing. I find it helps my organization when dealing with healing and other body related work

I would encourage you to play with the symbols to see how it affects you. See if you can make a difference using them and observe how this occurs.  When you are doing this feedback or the results regardless if they are what you want or not are important to note and record.

RobertForsythe

Quote from: Cool101 on June 18, 2016, 12:50:03
I know that there are 7 main chakras but 114 in total on the human body but are the 107 secondary chakras / energy points  still important too keep the energy balance in your body

The whole "its just data"/" all is illusion" idea can be carried too far. I have covered this elsewhere on another thread.

Of course all the chakras are important. Regarding the ones of most importance and of practical consideration to me in my AP/OBE projections, I think it is good to work a little on all the major chakras along with the secondary ones on the face.

Xanth

Let me see if I can relate the metaphorical nature of "chakras" a bit better.

It's said that each chakra has an energy to it... and what that energy does or works towards is pretty fairly defined.
To "open" a "chakra" and "clear" a "blockage" (yes, excessive use of quotes, bare with me hehe) simply means to work towards improving the aspect of your life which revolves around that chakra.

It doesn't mean that there is a literal wheel of energy in that specific area of your body which flowers open when you clear the blockage.
They're just aspects of yourself you work on to grow and become a better, more Loving person.