News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Asanas and postures

Previous topic - Next topic

distant bell

Perhaps I should have answered the questions myselfe..

well- here we go..

1. I usually sitt cross leged on a round green thik carpet on the floor- but I can only do this for so long before my legs start hurting. I try sometimes to sit on the couche to- but I do not reach the same levle of deep meditation that way.

2. I always do NEW sitting on my couch- usually with candles light in the eavning. It is important to be comfortable while doing NEW.

3.I guess the stronegest experiences I have had have been when going into pretty deep trance while sitting cross leged- it is a monumental feeling when thebody really starts to tingle and vibrate..

Felix

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --

timeborg

I also used to find sitting crosslegged a bit uncomfortable at time and would cause my foot to go to sleep. Sitting on a bukwheat(or any cushion)helpful with this. Also I use different hand postures(mudras)during meditations change the flow of engergy.I usealy have a few streches before a meditation session to make the flow more easier(so the mind dose not get locked onto stiff parts). Also drinking charged water with malachite in it increases flow(if left in the morning sun b4 meditation).Also the use of tibetian bells or singing bowels or chants focues the mind.It gives a lot of motivation and gives the feeling u are doing something more unusale.

Another interesting asana I find is one that is related to shiva. A friend showed me once of its powerful affects, it is something like this:
Stand on one leg(right for starters)bend the left leg an have the left foot curve around the right ankel(slightly above the ankel. With your hands the right faces up and open at shoulder level(the thumb is level to the shoulder) remember to keep a gap in the armpit to keep energetic flowing(remember chi gong). The left hand faces down with hand open and at the level of the groin. Now practice breathing exersise and tie in energeitic exersies(such up from the earth and breath out through the palms and vice versa).

Usealy I find that one palm is burning hot after a while and change the position to same stance but opposite. I find this ansana creates alot of focus and stability and strengthens the channels.

All the best

Joshcatz

kakkarot

1) usually in a slouch position at school :)  or i just sit somewhere (cross legged), or lie somewhere and close my eyes.

2) almost any position. but i have had 5 years of hobby-istic (ok so it's not quite a word) practice and it still doesn't flow perfectly when i am in just ANY position.

3) never really had any extra ordinarily strong experiences, but i usually get better results when i am standing with my legs slightly bent and my spine straight with my neck straight too. ever seen street fighter 2 v the series? if so, then the stance that ken comes to adopt is a pretty good stance for me.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

edguidry

I usually do my energy work lying down, but as far as asanas and postures I have been doing the five tibetans for the past several weeks and I really like them. It's a good complete little workout for the body and I do feel a nice energy buzz upon completing it and it really gets me going in the morning, more so than a couple cups of coffee.

Ashfo

I'd reccomend looking at an "anti-grav" chair... They use the same shape and ergonomics as astronauts use when leaving earths atmosphere very very fast at high Gs... so they dont impact on the body much, making you feel weightless.

Theyre at like 128 degrees or something... they truly feel incredible... I've sat in one.

But they're like ermmmm 800 US?

- Ashfo

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"You are First Cause. You are a portion of the great energy. And you, yourselves are thought manifestations of what you think you are."
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

distant bell

I am wery intersetd in what asanas or posture you use when doing energy work and mediatation.

Pleas answer these questions:

1. In what asana(posture) do you meditat? and waht effect dose this asana have?
2. In what position do you do energy work, and what effect dose this have on the energy work?
3. If you ever have had a wery strong mediation or energy rasing experience- what asana/ position where you in?

I will love to read all of your answers- and I think that sharing this
might help others!

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --