Astral Arms ... YES...NO...YES...NO...

Previous topic - Next topic

cainam_nazier

From what I was reading in NEW you don't don't need to be able to see anything.  You don't need to feel anything touching you at all.  But you do need to feel your awareness.
For me personally I feel as if my arms and hands themselves are moving and doing the work, hence the term astral instead of awareness. Follow?

It would reason to me that you would only need to feel the energy moving in the mannor in which you want it to. And thus not actually feel anything doing it.  Just the energy.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

Tir13

Definitely focus on the 'tactile imaging', not visualization.  THAT is the key difference between many "New Age" books and Robert Bruce's NEW system.  You are supposed to FEEL the energy, to develop, and work with it.  As for astral vision, that will come in time, after your body has stabliized and you've awakened your brow chakra/primary systems...time wise, that is anyone's guess but keep up with it!

Jason

Pres Nevins

I've found that visualizing the awareness actions is pretty much unrelated to the degree of energy movement that I achieve.  I can get energetic sensations well by using my awareness hands in the way you'd use your real hands to do the same actions in an absolutely dark room. In a dark room you don't have to make the effort to get a visual image of where your body is before you can touch it, you just kinda know. Even lacking any visuals you could probably touch your nose without much trouble.

I just kind of disable my visual input by calling up that sense of being in a dark room, and that seems to make it easier to let my other senses take over. Works for me anyway!

Pres

bro_flamo

feeling is one thing, but sometimes it takes more than a feeling to get the 'crunch' (that is, a full pulse of energy sweeping through your body, up or down) I usually get at the right moment in time, either while walking, listening to music, or just imagining something 'surreal'

and when I do feel something, to that extent I'd usually feel like I'm floating away, I feel light, & also most of the energy pathways are cleared

flamo.

RandomName

Did you say some kind of 'crunch'? I was experimenting with inducing trance the other day, and after a bit of energy work, i began thought control exercises. Deciding that it wasn't inducing trance, i went back to energy work. I then heard a 'kachink' or 'crunch' type of noise in my left ear, and my whole body went heavy. Is that what you are speaking of? And if not, could someone explain this?

cainam_nazier

Psi,

I some what know what you are talking about but i don't really have an answer, only a possibility.  The 1st question whould be does it seem like it is just in your ear or all around you?   For me personally it is all around.  Almost like some thing is pushing on all the walls in my room, as if it were trapped inside and trying to get out.  It happens every time I go into deep meditation.  I think that it is me, or rather my energy filling the room.  I think that is what is happening.  I am not really sure.
 I came to this conclusion because for the past few weeks since I have been using the NEW system it seems to happen with more regularity.

David Rogalski

cainam_nazier

Psi,

I some what know what you are talking about but i don't really have an answer, only a possibility.  The 1st question whould be does it seem like it is just in your ear or all around you?   For me personally it is all around.  Almost like some thing is pushing on all the walls in my room, as if it were trapped inside and trying to get out.  It happens every time I go into deep meditation.  I think that it is me, or rather my energy filling the room.  I think that is what is happening.  I am not really sure.
 I came to this conclusion because for the past few weeks since I have been using the NEW system it seems to happen with more regularity.

David Rogalski

dido

Hi Puddl
The goal of everithing is that you actually MOVE your energy. In my opinion, it is not important if you simply do it or imagine your hands doing it or a brush. Judge the results from the feedback of what you feel. Tactile awareness is really good because it's so easy for so many people. But I have the same results, in terms of feelings, if I simply move my MA or if I'm imaging my hands massaging my skin or imaging holding a brush and doing it.

Tir13

Energy follows thought.  Just don't push too hard....

goku22

Pres Nevins, I like the idea of creating the feel of a dark room around you to make awareness hands easier. I don't feel awareness hands are neccesary for energy development, I just move the energy around like dido said, but it would be nice to have them for projection attempts. Also, it just struck me that you're from japan, dido's from italy, one dude is from the isle of man, I love how this page, and people's interest in Robert's stuff and metaphysics in general, is such a worldwide thing. It makes me all warm and fuzzy. Ben

dido

Hi Ben
I have the same feeling to. I think it's what they call 'connection'.
Being able to share feelings, information, advice on a worldwide scale makes me feel part of a whole. Maybe we are the beginning of a 'next generation'. I am too extremely grateful to Robert Bruce for this possibility (and for the rest too...)
CIAO
Dido

puddl

One thing has been on my mind for quite some time now ...
When I do some energy excercises, for example brushing or stirring energy upwards
I usually do not visualize but 'feel'.
Sometimes i try to visualize.
What I want to know is:

1) Does the visualising of this in the minds eye strengthen the effect ?
2) Does one have to 'see' the astral arms creating these effects in the desired areas ?
3) Does one have to 'feel' the astral arms creating these effects in the desired areas ?
  What this means is ... that i feel my arms moving say to my leg and stroking it.

Are these things truly needed ?
Or is it enough to just feel the awareness going over the areas.

For example:

Feeling a stirring effect on the skin area of the sole, and just keep feeling it happening in a circular motion ...

I've been tring to figure out whether anything is really necessary, but to me
it seems that it really isn't.
I'd appreciate your oppinions on this.

thanks