News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Being able to see auras

Previous topic - Next topic

Winged_Wolf

Improved energy perception in general, no matter how you translate it, is to be expected with energy-working and development.

--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Qui-Gon Jinn

Hey David, what Winged Wolf said sounds accurate.
Do you see many "layers", colours?
I myself learnt how to see auras actually from an internet article, which teached you the basics and then one could develop the ability further on your own...  I see the first inner layer of things without even trying to spot an aura, but to see colours I usually have to change my focus on my eyes..  and even then I don´t see the colours so easily... (except the "auric colour" of each object colour of course, red becomes green and so forth - them I see very easy...)
 But when I try to see colours clearly I normally need to gaze at an object for a moment or two.. The strongest colour I have ever spotted was actually around myself, guess I must be extra sensitive to my own aura which makes some sence of course.   "I" was all green, very strong neon- green aura surrounding all of me, that was an experience!!  Often, aura colours can´t be compared to normal "physical" colours...  the latter just pales in comparison.

So what´s your experience with auras, how much of ´em do you see and so on??

Take care //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

Fenris

Qui Gon

I can see the pysical and earthric layers constantly. These are the layers which appear to take the general shape of the body. And if Im feeling very at peace I can see the first of the egg shape layers. While I can see the movement of shapes and shadows within this outer space i can see no colour. You are much more skilled than myself when it comes to seeing the colours, on an average day I can only see basic colours around the head and up to a meter of the green a forest seems to put off. However once I have passed through someones aura I can develope a strong empathy for them. But I have found that this has its risks. As I am constantly in crowds it wares me down. I need to advance my skills with shielding. If you arnt already doing so I recomend that you start to learn and think about the meanings of the colours. If you can order it or get a hold of it where you live I very strongly recomend you buy this book. It is called Seeing and Perceiving the Human Aura by Judith Colins. Ill post again if I have mispelled that as I am not sure(might be two 'l's in colins). I have heard of psychic people giving up on doing readings because it takes to much out of them. I am concerned if constantly reading others every where you look could have the same effect. Your a little older and wiser than me so maybe you have come across something.

Regards
David

Winged_Wolf

Just whatever you do, never trust any guide that tries to tell you what the colors mean.  Your brain created those colors to help you translate your perceptions into something understandable--the colors will mean what they mean to YOU, and no one else's meanings are going to be fully accurate as a result.
While you may see green, another person might see blue, but the meaning would be the same, make sense?

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Fenris

Call me stupid but Ive only just noticed now that Robert has a section on seeing auras in the training guides! The advice given on colour perseption makes a lot of sence. Thanks! There would also be a lot of fun to be had learning all of the colour correspondences. My best friend has picked up on how to tell when Im trying to see more of her aura, luckly she does not feel invaded by it. I guess that learning the discretion of a pervert whould be helpful.

Does anybody else have any feelings, advice or questions about auric sight?

Winged_Wolf

Passive scanning--perceiving energy because it's impinging on your space, rather than TRYING to perceive it, doesn't take anything out of you--no more than seeing or hearing does.

Active scanning, where you reach out and try to learn more about something, DOES require you to send energy (even if you aren't aware of it) to the target.  I believe it works something like sonar--you read the bounce-back.  That's the sort that can take a lot out of you if you do it often.  But use any muscle, and it becomes stronger....

I was taught that passive scanning is expected--if a person leaves themselves open they have to expect that people will notice things--it's like they are walking down the street with no clothes on.

Active, scanning, however, is an intrusion and should not be done without permission--that's like lifting up someone's shirt.  And the response to it can be on par with that--you may get slapped, or worse, if you're noticed.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Fenris

So if someone with the ability to see the aura happens to notice something about someone during the course of the day that is to be expected. But just thinking well I wonder about that person and scanning their aura is not the correct ethical thing to do. Ive just read a chapter in a spiritual development book about the cords which go between people and how you should minimise the forming of these cords. It also mentioned that people giving psychic readings who think they just have a gift may not be aware that they are building these cords with the client and of course not breaking them. So I imagine that reading someone would also set up one of these cords?

Why I dont attempt to read people for imformation I frequently look at people in an attempt to train myself to see the aura more clearly. I wonder if even this innocent action has the same result?

Thanks for all the wisdom Winged Wolf Im learning a lot here!

Take care all
David

cainam_nazier

I do not believe that reading a persons aura is an invasion at all.  And I think that is what everyone else was saying also.  It does not matter if you are passively or actively doing so.  Someones aura is a natural expression of themselves.  It is there all the time.  As far as the earlier comment on intrusion I think that is dealing more with mind reading.

The only part about possibly offensive to some one with you reading thier aura would be the length of time that you stare at them.  Its not so much what you see but why you are staring.

"If tin whistles are made of tin, then what's fog horn made of?"

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

Qui-Gon Jinn

I do not think it needs to be an intrusion to "read" someones aura either (of course any skill can be misused for negative objectives), and I absolutely don´t think it needs to lower ones energy levels "reading" another persons aura...   seeing the auric sight ability as an muscle I think is pretty accurate, the more you use it, the more developed it gets, simple as that..   and using an ordinary human muscle won´t drain you.
And by the way, to be able to know all personal things about a person just by reading their aura, that would take ALOT of skills from the perceiver, it´s not that easy.

I don´t really grasp the difference between "passively" or "actively" perceiving energy to be honest, even if I think I know what W_W means by it...  

Everyone is talking about how you needs to be shielding yourself when for example out in crowds, or count on loosing energy and/or energy intrusion or whatever - I think it´s more about where you have your focus, after all, your focus determines your reality.
 I think "overdramatizing" all sorts of things will itself lead to lowering energy levels, out of worry if nothing else.. common sence and instincts, trusting your inner voice I would think is most important.

What is "shielding" anyway, I mean how do you do it, how does it work, and how will it help you??  

Be well //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

Tom

About actively scanning to see auras, I read in a web site on reiki that reiki can be used to illuminate a person's aura so as to make it easier to see. This is not draining because reiki is not limited to one's personal stash of energy. The symbols used in reiki draw in more energy to replace what is sent out. There can be a delay in the replacement of energy if the energy is actively pushed out too quickly, but this does not have to last long. Actively using reiki also seems to set a mood that makes seeing auras easier for me.

Shielding. :) The idea is to make the aura denser and selective about the energy it lets in and / or out. It is defined by the intention placed in the energy used to build up shielding. Creating shields is usually like putting a bandage over a cut or burn. When the energy is developed and strengthened and balanced it becomes harder to influence negatively from outside. Negative thoughts and emotions weaken the energy and make the energy more easily harmed.

Winged_Wolf

Whether you personally think that scanning a person is offensive, simply be aware that many psis DO find it offensive--and their response may be anything from a "slap" to something more severe.  Some consider an active scan without permission to be an attack.  The skill level of the person doing the scanning probably contributes to forming this opinion.  
So if you figure it's fine to do this, and go around doing it, don't be surprised when some old-school psi teaches you your manners.  You were warned.

Shielding--a shielding is an interference pattern that you run through your aura, or a constructed barrier containing an interference pattern that you place around you.
Many people try to selectively program their shield to let in only "positive energy"....I wasn't taught to do that, nor do I believe in doing it.
The reason is, many persons and entities are clever enough to exploit the loopholes you've left in your shield, and fool them into letting them pass.  So, allowing ANY patterned energy through your shield makes you more vulnerable.
I recommend not programming shields to be specific at all--in fact, make them as broad-spectrum as possible.  The more variations they block, the more protected you will be.  (And no, there are no negative effects to using this type of shield).

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Jeffrey

Winged Wolf -- My experience is that people are surrounded by certain colors, and many people can see those same colors. This is my experience, and others see the same things as I do. We compare what we see and they match. In regards to being intrusive, is it intrusive to look at someone? It's impolite to stare but when the aura is as visible as their body, it's really not intruding at all.
People's auras are fascinating, they are so descriptive of who that person is.  One of the fascinating aspects of peoples auras are the forms and shapes that occur. The most obvious of which is the HALO, which when I see one (whichever form it may take), I CAN NOT stop looking at it! :) The hue, depth and saturation of color is so varied!
Jeffrey

Winged_Wolf

There's a limited number of colors TO see, so of course some people will see the same colors.  And, some colors have archetypal associations that make it more likely that a person will assign a certain meaning to them.  For example, red is usually going to mean anger, sexuality, or danger.  But not always--that's my main point.
Not everyone WILL see the same colors, even if some do.

To make it even more challenging, psi-active persons can deliberately project a color in their aura, so that everyone WILL see that color...but the meaning will be whatever that person thinks it means, not what the viewers think it means.  For this reason, my aura is almost ALWAYS blue (my version of octarine) or flame-colored (the phoenix association), or blue-green (my favorite color).
I've yet to hear anyone describe it otherwise.  That's simply my self-image, and the blue color means....nothing!  It means energy.

If you're viewing an aura of a person who's nearby to you, simply because you can see it without trying, then most likely you're using passive scanning.  If that person turns and looks at you, or appears uncomfortable, this is a warning that you're actively scanning people in an uncontrolled fashion, and you need to train that ability and gain control of it!

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Fenris

I first started to see auras about two years ago and since I started doing some basic energy work my auric vision is rapidly getting much stronger. Im just curious as to how normal this is and how many people begin to see auras once they become involved in energy development. I would love any feedback to increase my understanding.

Regards
David