News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

brain tingling

Previous topic - Next topic

jilola

I can only theorize as to what it may be but I definitely have a similar response to various things.
I suppose it could be termed "soul resonance", something so deeply familiar that the conscious mind doesn't see the connection.
I 've had this sort of sensation during meditation when I've had the not me bu teverything state. For me a bit like having a sow orgasm in my brain. Weird? yah. [:D]

2cents & L&L
jouni

kakkarot

i get something like that sometimes, though not when i hear something i like. usually it happens just before i get the sense that something i'm witnessing is "important" in some way. and i don't feel happy when it's over, either.

maybe it's just endorphines being released due to certain stimuli [?].

~kakkarot

Squeek

You mention the word music, and you know im going to reply.

Music has a very strange hold on me.  I know how jingles and catchy tunes stay in your head...but I finally proved that songs that I hate, even rap songs, no matter what it is...if it's the last song i hear, that's the song I will have playing on an endless loop until I hear another.  I try so hard to overwrite it, but it's futile.  My friend gave me a ride to school, he listens to rap.  I had this stupid song that I knew no words to stuck in there until third period.  From third on, I hear nothing.  You should see my 7th pr. binder...I have lyrics to the song stuck in my head all over the margins over 5 pages!  It's scary.

Wait. THis is supposed to be about a tingling in your brain?  Whoops, i just wasted (insert amount of time it took you to read this article) of your life!

Whee

~Squeek

Anonymous

I have also felt this sensation, quite clearly. I think when certain chakras (like the heart or throat chakras) are stimulated, the energy travels along these meridians in your body (possibly qi or ki energies?).  Music and art affect emotion and can cause a reaction. (NOTE: Never go to college for music unless (a): you're interested in learning it the left-brained way, or (b): you intend to hate music by the time you graduate).

panabelle

I know exactly what you mean about the brain tingling. But I don't get it listening to music.

Squeek: WEIRDNESSNESS! Exact same thing happens to me. Kinda sucks sometimes when I'm trying to read a book and my eyes go over the words but what I'm really thinking about is the song. Grr...

Squeek

That's exactly how it is panabelle.  It only gets annoying when I don't like the song that's stuck in my head.

Tarconiss

goingslow - I know exactly what you mean, and feel... Every once in a while while im listening to music, a song will come on, and almost right from the beginning i can feel that its going to do that tingling thing before-hand...

I just close my eyes, and try to be absorbed into the song. i let my body flow with the beat, and i just zone out. I begin feeling that tingling sensation start from the top/back area of my skull, slowly buzz and feel warm. It starts 'cascadeing' along my head, crawling its way down through my neck.... depending on how im feeling at the time, and what my intentions are at the time, the feeling could stop around my chest area; or it could sink down through my entire body, letting me get lost in the warmth and serenity the feeling brings. The end result after the song is over; is either im more awake and aware about things / I slip into a higher train of thought, being more refined and detailed [ i dont want to say sophisticated for some reason] in my thoughts, and speech... this tends to attract the odd looks from my friends and the people around me, because they don't seem familiar with me being that way, and they think that im 'acting wierd/stupid'.....  if only they really knew what i am feeling.. / I become overall happy and i let go of troubling thoughts, and just try to be happy about things... I also notice that my body tends to start courseing with moveing energy when it really takes affect.

It could be a higher connection with myself.... it could be a higher step toward enlightenment... i just know that when i get that feeling, that its a good thing; and that if focused on enough, with a couple friends who are haveing the same feelings and sensations, that it can be a natural, and non-self-destructive 'high', you can enjoy without getting in trouble [or dealing with paying money; if you just so happen to be someone has thier ways of 'getting high', otherwise.... ]

Kakkarot: i dont think this is the same feeling as to what your describeing.... this feeling is a warm 'becomeing' sensation, that can be triggered by music/ by something that you may have just read/ or by something you may have just witnessed.... It should get you 'into the mood of things' or just give you a temporary feeling of comfort. I think the thing you described it more of a precognitive sensation, that could lead to good, bad, or void feelings afterwards depending on the issue being presented.
If someone has the knowledge, and wants to do something, how far do you think they can go, if they lack the experience, and are unable to sustain the amount of effort needed to succeed?  ~ Self 2/25/2003

Anonymous

Sometimes the tingling sensation gets so intense I have to shudder.

panabelle

Tarconiss: Oh. Wow. My brain just tingles and that's it. [|)]

Squeek: It's irritating when I'm trying to read, even if I do like the song. I've had this since I was REAL little, but usually I'm able to turn down the volume, so to speak, so that I can think about other things. But the last few nights, I haven't been able to concetrate at all. Hmm. Maybe it has something to do with my allergies, which have also kicked up lately. I despise grass pollen!

Squeek

Hmm I don't have any allergies...I'm like immune to everything.  Don't ask me how, I was born this way :)

Yea but i think music gets stuck in everyones head.  It's not like a huge deal.  That's why advertisers use jingles instead of just words, so that you remember it (Darn you Empire Carpeting  [:(!])

~Squeek

panabelle

Yeah, I know. But I've had songs stuck in my head before and this is not the same thing. This is songs blasting in my brain and drowning out any other thoughts. Weird...

J. D. By-Riiiiiider![|)]

goingslow

Tarconis,

Its very pleasurable here too.  You described it exactly.. i can feel right before its going to happen to.  I get a slight shiver first.  It usually happens at least twice a day.  Today when i was driving I actually tried to pay attention to it.. and see if i could make the feeling spread.  I got a nice sensation on my shoulders but thats as far down as I could go.

Whatever it is, it's not something I want to stop.

SpiritPathwalker

My Theories:

It's all about balance.  The reason that tingling is the bodies aura balancing out with another factor.  Hear good music, the tingle is your bodies aura changing to match that pattern.   Same thing with emotions, which normally have an effect on ones aura, but doesn't actually change it to fit that emotion.

Practice helps alot, bring it forward when yah feel it, let it spread thoughtout your body.  First try listening to music when doing it, then playing back the song in your head.  Finally, you should be able to do it without even thinking of a song or anything else.

Theres more to it, try bringing forward this energy, along with whatever your regular charge is and focus on it.  Um, careful with this one boys and girls (no insult ment, I'd probably fit in same catigory as far as mystics goes), not sure what's all possible, but to be on the safe side I wouldn't try this on glass or anything  valuable (one person supposedly used something similar and accedently shattered a crystal they put that energy into. Not sure if they made that up or not, but better to be safe then explain broken china).

Aquarius

About "brain-tingling".  I had that sensation happen to me yesterday for the first time in my life and it happened when I was sitting on the Halifax waterfront in Nova Scotia.  I was just sitting there thinking about nature and God and all of a sudded there was a sensation that encompassed my entire brain just like the feeling you get when your foot has fallen asleep and it's "waking up".  It lasted for about ten seconds.  It was a very pleasant feeling.  I still don't know what caused it but I hope it happens again soon, because I think it's a good thing.

goingslow

Ever since I can remember I've had a weird thing happen whenever I hear music i really like, see something that really interests me..or feel any strong feeling.  I get this really weird but strong tingling in the back of my head.  I always thought it was my brain waking up.  I know that sounds dumb but sometimes i'd be really tired and bored then when i'd hear music or have an interesting idea i'd get this tingling so i just figured it stimulated a part of my brain that "woke it up".  After the tingling I always feel a real sense of well being and I go from being dazed and bored to really happy.

I would say sometimes It leads to a moment of clarity.  Now that I've been doing energy more I realize it might not actually be coming from my brain but its more on top of my head.  It feels like in a way fingers are tickling the top.. like really lightly drumming their fingers across the top of my head.. (close to the back)

The reason i'm putting this up is wondering if anyone's had the same thing happen to them.  Or any insights at all as to what it might be.
I have no idea which forum to put this under either but i figure the energy forum is good enough.