News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Celibacy to raise consciousness

Previous topic - Next topic

Osiris

Greetings,

By practicing celibacy your sexual energy level will rise, but then you would have to transform/raise this energy. Otherwise you might encounter a very strong sexual drive. The full implication of celibacy is different from person to person. Read more info on the subject and then decide for yourself.
Hope that helps.

Sincerely yours,

Osiris.

Anonymous

Osiris is right.  Plus, sexual energy is needed to keep the body in balance.  Sex is part of life and if you turn your back on it then the pressure of the evergy will not be alleviated (possibly causing blockage).  Also, the brain requires you to expel some of these chemical byproducts to remain healthy and operating normally emotionally and mentally.  I would not suggest this practice.

GTP

I know some people that are celibate who are in their teens (must be hard) and are Christian and so do not believe in masturbation or pre-marital sex. I know them quite well and they seem very healthy mentally and emotionally. They also do seem to have this "glow" or "sparkle" to them. I don't know how else to describe it. I also get very positive vibes from them. I myself have been celibate for about a 3 weeks, it's kind of an experiment. So far so, good, but it is very difficult.[B)]

cainam_nazier

Celibacy is not fun.  Being 26 and celibate is even worse.  Thinking that I'll be 27 soon and most likely still celibate is some what depressing.  And I agree that useless you learn what to do with it the build up of sexual energy is only a hinderance to thought processes.

I personally feel that sometimes it is just best to get certain things out of your system.

Sorry, it's a touchy subject.

Tayesin

Hi Folks.

The idea of celibacy probably originated with very early Shamans or other workers in spirit.  It is about reserving energy and building a store within the Self.  Just because we see the opposite of celibacy as being sexually active, does not automatically imply that the energy must be sexual.  The energy itself is a base chakra form, the most powerful energy that we in the physical have easy access to.

We can use the build up of that energy to empower our Self, by raising it up the chakras to either the third eye or crown chakra.  We can also use it to highten our awareness and be more 'powerful' in spirit.  But that by itself is not all we can do to build power.

We can also go to all the people we have been close to in our lives, preferably in spirit, and 'take back' the energy that we left with them.  This too restores our energy balance and levels to a hightened state.

But, all said and done, we really do not need to do these things if we choose to live a normal mediocre life in our culture.  These ways are more beneficial to those who are aware of their tasks here and are actively working on their planned outcomes from this incarnation.  They will also need every bit of energy available to them to fulfill their task in the dark times that are almost upon us.

pod3

That which we don't use atrophies. The best we can hope to do is not allow anything to become draining.

GTP

pmlonline: Three questions for you:

1. when you say "24/7 consciousness, do you mean when you sleep you not only lucid dream but are conscious during non-REM deep sleep stages?

2. How does that work?[:O]I believe it's possible, but that is just incredible!

3. What is STO?

Terry B

Celibacy alone will do much harm than good. If you are going for celibacy, I would suggest that you learn about tao practice. Try the following link.

http://www.healingtaousa.com

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/kfranzen/about.htm

RoyHarper

Most people completely misunderstand the concept of celibacy.

It will only rarely raise your conciousness alone, you could only be so lucky if it did.  More often than not, it takes quite some time before you see results.  Yet if it is used in conjuction with other practice, stated above, it's a useful tool.

In general, I find it takes about 2-4 days of celibacy to raise conciousness.

RoyHarper

quote:
Originally posted by pmlonline
RoyHarper, I agree with you to some degree.  A person can't go off on their own and be celibate and expect wonders.  But if you have the guidance of a teacher and follow their guidance then wonders will happen.

It's not a question of who you are with, but what you are doing (and how you are doing it).  The greatest teacher of all, is yourself.

None the less celibacy is akin to sex without ejaculation, just much slower.  Both physical and psychological stimulation can arouse the sex organs.  Yet many who become celibate strive towards a purity of thoughts et al.  Since most people have anchored thoughts about sex, they are essentially eliminating the entire sexual process.

Celibacy is not about denying sex, it's about shifting intent.  You still strive to arouse the sex organs, but not for some mere gratification.  The ultimate goal is to take sexual energy and transmute it, wich will raise your conciousness.  In not so many words we are describing the Kundalini.  This force is completly dependant on sexual energy, if you eliminate sexual energy you will not raise you conciousness.  This has been proven time and time again.

RoyHarper

The main reason why I disagree partly with your view on teachers or guides is that I've yet to meet one that could actually help me (aside from myself).  Not only that, but how do you determine that they are in fact worthy of teaching?

Most of what is taught can be learned in writings, what can not be learned from text can not (for the majority) be taught from a teacher at any rate.

Now don't get me wrong, I've found help from many people whether in person, through email or through books.  Yet ultimatly it is up to you to learn and teach.

quote:

Until such a time, I just would NEVER recommend anyone dabbling into this area without the guidance of a teacher.  It's like playing with a loaded nuclear bomb.

I disagree with this quite strongly.  Even though I've looked into the eye of death on a number of occasions as a result of practices, I have not regreted any of them.  This once again ties into how many simply do not understand sexual transmutation or the Kundalini, but still advise others in regards to it.  Only a handful of individuals speak the truth.  Some of this can be found in esoteric work, others in modern day texts.

I'd be foolish to think that the Kundalini is for all, but that does not hinder my progress.

pod3

Yes, you see, the transmutation of sexual energy requires there to be some first. It's my understanding that Taoism tempts until the point of orgasm but retains emission. How's that celibacy?

I tried complete celibacy without even lust and had bad results. The same cycles which keep individual heart cells beating, even when seperated from the heart, apply to the reproductive system. Your mind may be seperate from it, but the body will still do it's thing.

What does Rosicrucianism teach about the specifics of maintaining the practice? It's my understanding that some lives have been prolonged indefinitely, because recycled energy increases. What are the metaphysics of celibacy from sex, food, etc.? (Answer in confidence if most appropriate.)

Osiris

Greetings,

It`s seems to be an interesting topic indeed.
Celibacy on it`s own will accumulate energy, you intent combined with practice will transform it , and your actions will channel it.
When one practice celibacy, the control of thoughts is important.  Also vegetarian diet might refine your sexual energy.
But it`s also  slighty increases the level.
Provided that intents are good, and person are willing to change,
the celibacy is a good thing to try.

What happens some times is that person is not ready to embrace the changes and therefore creating an energy blocks resulting the unintended sexual energy manifestation throught a  chakra that lies below energy block. If the amount of energy is big enough the person might feel like he is burned inside. Physical damage migh occur as well. But in most cases the energy outburst will result a simple orgasm.

One could incorporate both female and male aspects, or in another words completely harmonize both hemispheres of the brain, by practicing over a long period. And such people often appear much younger than they actual age. DNA changes occurs.

Also you might find that you start to attract a substancial attention from opposite sex at the early stages. In a way it`s a test of person intent.

That`s my bit of information.

Sincerely yours,

Osiris,

pod3

Yes, had no sexual intentions or interest, but my testes became extremely sensitive.

http://www.witchvox.com/words/words_2000/e_sexlife10.html

The emission is very similar to spit, which is no less sacred as it contains some stem cells. It seems to me that, if the only issues are discipline and wasted energy, celibacy may accomplish no more for you than being comfortable with my taste in young women accomplishes for me.

If I am missing something in the technique, please share. I am truly interesting in developing myself where ther is opportunity to.

beavis

Masturbation uses just as much energy as sex. There are better things to give up than those 2. Lots of things consume your energy.
Fun increases your energy. Sex could pay for itsself.

GTP

quote:
Originally posted by beavis

Masturbation uses just as much energy as sex. There are better things to give up than those 2. Lots of things consume your energy.

Beavis, better things to give up, or easier things to give up?[;)]

I'm starting to understand this powerful practice better. I've been researching it a lot and it REALLY makes a lot of sense.

Since I've been celibate I've had a lot more lucid dreams than usual. Hmmmm. Could just be coincidence, but maybe not.

RoyHarper

quote:
Originally posted by beavis

The energy we are speaking of is much more profound than what you are reffering to (calories).  Moreover, ejaculation is the main method for expelling this energy.

RoyHarper

For men, it all comes down to whether you ejaculated or not.  This is what will drain you, although the clear lubricant that is often expelled will not.

travelinbob

Personally, I masturbate before I meditate. I find it takes more energy to repress my libido than it does to relieve it. I also believe in living a balanced life. If I repress one part of me, then it becomes a burden on the rest of my being. There is more strength in balance than in obsessing on just one side of life. In my opinion: Balance = Strength = Growth.

RoyHarper

quote:
Originally posted by pmlonline
What's the solution?  

The Kundalini/Sexual Transmutation.   It's described many different ways in many different practices, but it's essentially the same process.  Energy up the spine to the brain.  Without this celibacy is quite useless (relatively speaking of course).

RoyHarper

That was the answer to the question...

You essentially have two ways to use sexual energy, through ejaculation or transmutation.

So if you are doing neither your body will compensate by either uncounciously expelling semen, or shuting down your sex drive all togther.

Yet if that energy is cultivated up the spine, you will not experience the above effects.

GTP

You could try masturbating upside down. Just don't ejaculate and logically gravity would cause the sexual energy to flow down through the chakras.[?] Good luck explaining THAT to your mom if she walked in on you! "No, wait! I can explain! I was practicing Tantric yoga!!"[:D]

Nay

GTP..Hehehehe..  But seriously, is this only based on men?
Can't believe I am going to get this personal but lately I haven't been able to have OOBE's or lucid dreams (I'm still dreaming just not going lucid) Are you saying that if I refrain from having sex I will start having experiences again?  I am sure it's not that cut and dry..oops no pun intended..lol..you know what I mean..One more thing to thoroughly embarrass myself..awhile back several times I woke up to a uhhh ummmm.. a orgasm..[:O] without any stimulation in ANY way..the dream wasn't dirty or my nor my hubby hands were near the goings on..Any ideas on that?

And travelinbob...that was waaay too much info..LOL..[:D] but gave me the courage to post my questions..[^] so thanks.

Nay. [;)]

GTP

Nay, no it's not just for men. But you raise a good question. I guess the standing hypothesis is that there is ki or kundalini energy in semen and that's why we lose it in ejaculation. But where does the energy go when women orgasm? Maybe the kundalini energy isn't contained in semen after all, maybe at the point of orgasm it's released in some other way- not through a physical medium like semen. (I hope we're allowed to discuss this type of thing, maybe this topic needs a PG-13 rating, lol)

James S

Nay, possibly something in the dream was causing your pelvic floor muscles to contract repeatedly??

According to wiccan practices both men and women can gather energy from sexual activities either from the surroundings or from each other. Sex does not just necessitate the release of energy.

One thing comes to mind though when reading some of the posts on this topic - what some people describe sounds to me more like sexual tension than sexual energy, and allowing this to build up is definitely NOT a good thing.

From my own experiences with raising energy I believe there to be so many good sources of energy available external to us that celibacy and the use of stored sexual energy is only of benefit to those who wish to choose that path. Even then, sexual energy has no where near the potency of energy drawn from the Earth. However, if it is something that works well for you personally, more power to you!

James.