News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Ajna chakra

Previous topic - Next topic

adrian29

I read that if you concentrate and meditate on your ajna chakra you can open your third eye faster. Is this true, and how long should you meditate? Many blessings.

blis

Are you meditating on ajna itself or on bhrumadhya(the eyebrow centre)?

Generally I'd say use your intuition as to how long you do things for.

If you want something with a set count you could do anula viloma pranayama.

Sit in a comfortable meditative posture.
Make sure the spine is erect and the body is relaxed.
The body must become absolutely still.
After some minutes, begin to develop awareness of the breath in the nostrils.
When you breathe in, your whole awareness should flow with the breath from the tip of the nose, through the nasal passages, up to the eyebrow center.
And when you breathe out, your whole awareness should flow with the breath from the eyebrow center to the tip of the nose.

Become aware of the triangular form of the breath between the nostrils and the eyebrow center. The base of the triangle is at the level of the upper lip, its sides are the right and left nasal passages, and its apex is within the eyebrow center.
Firstly, feel the breath moving in and out of the left nostril, then the right nostril. Then be aware of the breath as it flows in and out through both nostrils together.
Once you are established in this breath awareness, begin to consciously alternate the flow of the breath between the two nostrils in the same way as nadi shodhana, except you practise it psychically. Consciously inhale through the left nostril to bhrumadhya and exhale through the right, then inhale through the right to bhrumadhya, and exhale through the left. This is one round.

After completing four such rounds, inhale and exhale through both nostrils simultaneously, visualizing the passage of the breath forming an inverted V-shape. In this way you have to continue - four alternate nostril breaths, then one breath through both nostrils. Count the rounds from 100 back to zero.
100 - inhale left nostril, exhale right nostril;
inhale right nostril, exhale left nostril,
99 - repeat, 98- repeat, 97- repeat,
96- inhale both nostrils, exhale both nostrils, and so on.

adrian29

I was meditating on my ajna chakra itself to open my third eye. Thank you for your technique with nostril breathing.

Xanth

I don't follow the chakra-tradition all that much... but I do know some basics, and that is don't focus upon just ONE chakra. 
You'll "apparently" unbalance yourself very quickly doing this.

Work on all of them equally... starting with the root (base of the spine) and work upwards through each one.

blis

If you're wanting to work direct on the actual chakra in your head I've got a technique for that too. You need to use your energy tongue. Just sort of imagine you've got another tongue made out of energy and move it about without moving your real tongue.

Lift it up and put the tip through the roof of your mouth. Poke it around a bit. You should find a spot in the roof of your mouth that makes you feel something near the middle of your head behind your eyes. Hold your awareness at this spot in your head. This is this site of ajna and your pituitary(I think).

Also, if you use your energy tongue to lick up the back of your nose/throat area and keep going up you should find a spot just behind and above the pituitary. This one is your pineal(I think).

My philosophy for working chakras is the more time you put in the better. Unless something tells you to stop or you start getting bad side effects I'd put in as much time as you can. But as Ryan says, if you're putting a lot of time in on ajna, you'll want to move on to your root before too long so you dont get unbalanced. The kundalini book I used to work from advised working each chakra for a month before moving on. There really is no better advice than your own intuition though.

gdo

There are many kinds of psychism.   Perhaps all of them have to do with the Subconcious and the energies we are used to calling chakra or kundalini.

There are people who are psychic and have little or no control over it.  We all have heard and read stories about that. These poplular situations are not the same thing as clairaudience and clairavoyance which are manifest in some of us in varying degrees.  We all have some degree of psychism leftover from earlier forms of evolution.  Most of us have little ability or limited ability in the higher forms of clairaudience and such.  It may be that those of us who are predisposed to visual abilities and talents would find that they are more
able to develop clairavoyance and those who are predisposed to have finer hearing may find it easier to develop clairaudience.  These are talents and also controled. 

Now just imagine how different each of our personalities are and all the factors that go into that.  So what works for one person may not be the exact thing for another even though they are both human persons the individual matrix of each person will have talents and hindrances to special abilities.  Some one may have a musical talent and someone else may have an athletic talent and so on.  The musician and the athlete still have to exert energy and develop skill through discipline to make thost talents come to fruition. 

I have know a few people who have had some psychic ability they were all different.  The art is in the Receptivity I think and not so much on the Projection.  At least from my experience. 

In our body the throat chakra is close to our physical ears and the ear canals and the nerves which lead to the brain.  But the brain is the true area of the perceptions.  The ears are the receptors of physical sound but the brain does the hearing.  True also for our other senses.  But the sensation for many is of a true physical hearing because of the nerves from the ears to the brain. 

adrian29

I begin to meditate on my third eye. Sometimes I meditate with my eyes open at work. I begin to feel a presure on my third eye. Is this a sign that my ajna chakra is begining to open?

adrian29

A while back I saw more than 10 times a day little light or orbs. When you meditate on your third eye is useful. Now I see almost everyday at least one time a day those little lights or orbs.

majour ka

Quote from: gdo on September 27, 2011, 18:40:12
There are many kinds of psychism.   Perhaps all of them have to do with the Subconcious and the energies we are used to calling chakra or kundalini.

There are people who are psychic and have little or no control over it.  We all have heard and read stories about that. These poplular situations are not the same thing as clairaudience and clairavoyance which are manifest in some of us in varying degrees.  We all have some degree of psychism leftover from earlier forms of evolution.  Most of us have little ability or limited ability in the higher forms of clairaudience and such.  It may be that those of us who are predisposed to visual abilities and talents would find that they are more
able to develop clairavoyance and those who are predisposed to have finer hearing may find it easier to develop clairaudience.  These are talents and also controled. 

Now just imagine how different each of our personalities are and all the factors that go into that.  So what works for one person may not be the exact thing for another even though they are both human persons the individual matrix of each person will have talents and hindrances to special abilities.  Some one may have a musical talent and someone else may have an athletic talent and so on.  The musician and the athlete still have to exert energy and develop skill through discipline to make thost talents come to fruition. 

I have know a few people who have had some psychic ability they were all different.  The art is in the Receptivity I think and not so much on the Projection.  At least from my experience. 

In our body the throat chakra is close to our physical ears and the ear canals and the nerves which lead to the brain.  But the brain is the true area of the perceptions.  The ears are the receptors of physical sound but the brain does the hearing.  True also for our other senses.  But the sensation for many is of a true physical hearing because of the nerves from the ears to the brain. 
I agree with that from my own experience, but further more the chakra in question is also the center we might focus on for the attainment of spiritual evolvement and illumination through contact and perception of God...not just for psychic phenomena. As for our natural psychic and Mediumistic ability, while we might have a greater natural potential for a certain sense (one of the 5 Clairs), it is also a constant process of unfoldment which should ideally culminate in all senses working nicely :o)  [/color] Merry Crimbo

dotster

Quote from: blis on September 20, 2011, 11:27:47
If you're wanting to work direct on the actual chakra in your head I've got a technique for that too. You need to use your energy tongue. Just sort of imagine you've got another tongue made out of energy and move it about without moving your real tongue.

Lift it up and put the tip through the roof of your mouth. Poke it around a bit. You should find a spot in the roof of your mouth that makes you feel something near the middle of your head behind your eyes. Hold your awareness at this spot in your head. This is this site of ajna and your pituitary(I think).

Also, if you use your energy tongue to lick up the back of your nose/throat area and keep going up you should find a spot just behind and above the pituitary. This one is your pineal(I think).

My philosophy for working chakras is the more time you put in the better. Unless something tells you to stop or you start getting bad side effects I'd put in as much time as you can. But as Ryan says, if you're putting a lot of time in on ajna, you'll want to move on to your root before too long so you dont get unbalanced. The kundalini book I used to work from advised working each chakra for a month before moving on. There really is no better advice than your own intuition though.

You should look into Kechari mudra. You can use your physical tongue to stimulate these spots as well and it's really quite a feeling. Mula bandha, Kechari Mudra and Shambhavi mudra combined into a full body mudra is bliss like I've never felt.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Perhaps some day you'll join us, and the world will live as one.