News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Crystals?

Previous topic - Next topic

astralmaster

i think Benjamin Rowe wrote something about crystals...

David
David

Tom

A friend of mine told me that crystals can store energy. I don't understand how, but it does seem to work. She told me that they are useful for conducting energy, and I asked her if she meant like the way a wire carries electricity. She agreed. It sounds like when you direct energy through a crystal it is modified by the qualities of the crystal.

Kelmactor

Hi everyone

This is my virgin post :)

I read Astral Dynamics and loved it and I have to say that this is a fine message board you have here and it willl take me some time to go through all this info.

About the crystals, I have read a lot about how they can be used in healing chakras because of the vibrations they produce.  If I understand it properly all matter is basically energy vibrating at specific frequencies, as well as sound and light.  The energy points of the chakras also idealy vibrate at specific frequencies.

So crystals that vibrate at sympathetic frequencies to chakras can be used in healing and meditation.  When a crystal is placed over a chakra the vibrations of the crystal will synchronize the energy of the chakra and bring it up or down to a corresponding frequency.  

Most crystals are sold with information about which corresponding chakra they can be used with.

I have meditated, laying down, with an amethyst on my thrid eye chakra and I definitely felt it do something, I believe it was positive cause I felt pretty good after that.

I've also done the same but apparently the amethyst was not cleansed or charged properly at the time and I fell asleep and woke up with a nasty headache :P

I hope this has helped :)

James S

Kelmactor is pretty well spot on here.

I've been researching the properties of crystals on and off for years. I got away from it some years ago because as Adam found, people who get heavily into crystals tend to treat it as a religion, which bothered me.

Crystals vibrate under energy, and change the frequency of that vibration depending on their make-up. This is exactly what the quartz crystal in your watch does - sets the frequency of the electricity. It does the same thing to your bodies bioelectric field.

Different types of crystals vibrate at different frequencies due to the chemical impurities in thier build, and so work on different areas of the body.

I have a double terminated Amethyst crystal in a wire wrap setting and leather necklace that I made myself as my personal crystal. Amethyst has a lot of properties, but I chose it mainly for its stimulation and clarifying effect  on the mind, particularly the spiritual/psychic, and its calming effect.
I

James S
(Fate amenable to change)

Mobius

Hi guys

I've been looking in to the effects of crystals for a couple of years myself, with mixed results, I even purchased the "melody" book called "love is in the earth, a kaleidoscope of crystals", the 12th edition. A very good book which describes many properties of crystals including their vibration rate & what star signs each crystal corresponds best with. It has about 40 crystals listed that can assist with astral projection.

I have really only scratched the surface on the properties of crystals & still class myself as a novice & not even that. I have heard people say before "crystals are nothing but pretty rocks to decorate with". They obviously didn't know about Quartz watches as mentioned before & for anyone who still doubts the ability of crystals, try sticking a peizo ignitor next to your skin & push the button, after jumping a foot in the air, you will think otherwise.

Most gas hotwater units/ heaters have them & older gas stoves have them also, & the spark is enough to light a flame.

I have been documenting my results with the crystals, but will wait another couple of years before I take it to another level as I would like to plot out the results of each one I have used over the space of 2 years.

Good journeys

Mobius

James S

Hey Mobius, I'd love to see that doco if you ever decide to publish it.

Like books on Auras I've read many on crystals that seem to be written by complete air-heads who seem to be so psychically well-endowed. They fail to see that people getting into the subject want something a little more realistic and useable than  "hold rose quartz here and all your cancer will be cured", or "four stage pyramid charkra meditation using striated crysophrase at the four compas points will fracture subspace and open a wormhole to dimension 26.5".

There is a lot crystals can do for us because of the basic fact they can diffract or alter the frequencies of energy. But it would be nice to get a useable perspective from someone who isn't a religious crystal fanatic.

So there!

Me and my soap box thank you for your time.

James S

Mobius

G'day James

Yes, I probably lean more towards the skeptical side with most of them at the moment, but I'm hoping that I will prove to myself that there is more to them than looks. I know exactly what you mean about some of the hardcore crystal followers & I have to beware when going into some of those shops as there are some that insist that they can do everything that a doctor or accupuncturist can do for you, I'm yet to see the proof of that.

Maybe there is some truth to it & the effects are more subtle instead of instant relief, or something you can notice straight away.

I wasn't going to publish the results but I might do now since there are some around like myself who believe in some metaphysical concepts like OBE's etc. but are skeptical as to the uses of crystals. I'm trying to find this out myself, as I have never directly noticed any differences while using crystals (except the piezo, ouch!). However there does seem to be a long history of us humans using crystals & so many swear by them I thought " Ok, I'll be the guinea pig for a couple of years & test the reactions on myself, to see if they correspond with any of the abilities people say they have".

I thought it only fair to give the trial a minimum of 2 years, as it is a bit much to pick them up & expect a result without learning about it first. It has cost me a bit, as crystals aren't exactly cheap to buy, especially the ones that are considered to be valuable or extremely useful e.g crystals that have no imperfections like cracks or splits inside the crystal. I guess a lot like diamonds, you wouldn't buy one that had a chip in the middle or a split running down it's center.

Oh, I forgot to mention, g,day Kelmactor, another Aussie, good to see, welcome to the forums, cya around.

Good journeys all

Mobius

Adam Kadmon

Kelmactor: I've been to many a new age crystal broker, and I haven't seen chakra correspondence info attached. If you have the information available, could you post which stones match which chakras? It would save me the money of buying a book. :)

Another thing, a lot of people talk about "double terminated" or pointy unpolished crystals as being especially useful. What's the theory in this? Are they supposed to direct the energy like a chi-laser or something? I've heard of medicinal qigong practitioners using pointy crystals in healing, and i can see the advantage in surgically pinpointing a diseased area, but for meditation purposes does it matter?

sorry, i'm compulsively inquisitive.

a.k.

Mobius

Hi Adam

Just thought I'd throw in an interesting link/s on crystals & chakra's, sorry to cut across your bow Kelmactor, just thought those watching this page could get a bit out of these links.

http://www.crystalinks.com/gemstones.html

http://www.crystalinks.com/chakras.html

Good journeys all

Mobius

James S

Hi Adam,

You might have already pick some of the following up from the sights Mobius gave you, but if not - the orientation of the terminating end of a crystal, especially if used as a personal crystal, will tend to give the crystal different properties depending on what you want to use it for.

If your looking to improve your connection with the spiritual world, have the termination pointing up. if you want to be more grounded and more in tune with the earth, have it pointing down. One of the rarest forms is a natural double terminated crystal, though you'll occasionally see these in clear quartz. My amethyst is double terminated, but it has been ground and polished this way. Because of the way Amethyst grows you won't find a natural double terminated crystal.

I have the natural point of my Amethyst pointing up. The main purpose of my crystal is for clarity and calmness of mind, and spiritual/psychic growth.

Years ago I used to have a clear quartz crystal as a personal crystal (worn on a chain or bracelet). This worked as an amplifier, but I found that it could also amplify negative energies in me when I was angry or upset, so you do have to be a little careful how you use it.

Mobius, I wish you luck in your search for gems (at a good price that is). I found a couple of lapidary suppliers down here in Melbourne that seem to have the best range and prices. I learned quickly to stay away from the typical shopping centre type new-age shops. They're a rip-off!

If you haven't done so already, you might want to try getting in touch with a local lapidary club. Qld is one of the best states for gems and minerals, though you'd need to head inland a bit. You might be able to hook up with someone who goes fossicking and pick up you're own stock. Generally they look around areas that have been rich in gold or other precious metals.

James S

Kelmactor

Hey Adam

Those links from Mobius really have more info than I have.  You should try to be sure the source of the information about chakra correspondences is credible.  Depending on what book you read a crystal might be used for any chakra.  Clear quartz is one that is generally aggreed to be suitable for any chakra.

I am sure that many new agey crystal shops make up a lot of what they say about crystals and their powers can do.  The fact is if you go to the trouble of going out and finding crystals you can say what you like about their properties and sell them for a huge profit to the gullible, and of course people will do that.

If you can feel energy in your body, (i assume that you can from an experience with NEW) you should be able to feel if a certain crystal is blocking or enhancing energy after a short time.  So the best thing to do is research and experiment and you will soon feel what crystal is best for what.

Be inquisitive  :)

Mobius

Hi all

James, thanks for that info, I've never really looked into Lapidary clubs before & you may well have given me another idea on how to take my adventures even further. I only know one guy who does fossicking for crystals & it is just like you say, they seem to get them from mines that have dug for gold in the past.

I only know of a couple of sites & as you say as well they are a fair way inland, so I'd like to map out a few others & then hit the countryside for a few days & link up as many of these sites as possible. There is only a couple of places in Brisbane where I actually buy them from, as most other sources are pretty crap. One of them is :
http://www.bkminerals.gil.com.au

The only other place that I go is when I visit family in Sydney (Blue mountains) & I go to a cool little shop called Colliers crystals:
http://www.collierscrystals.com.au

These have been the only places I could find that sold "quality" crystals, many in uncut & unpolished form. But the good ones are sooooooooo expensive & I'd love to dig some of my own out of the ground, to save on this cost.

I would like to find a website on this sort of stuff that comes from the academic or scientific fields of studies, so I can get rid of any extraneous factors.

Good journeys guys

Mobius

starider

I have always been fascinated by crystals. For anyone interested   I just recently discovered the following website which has a lot of information on crystals   and related topics   http://crystalinks.com/crystals.html  I sometimes feel as if I experienced a past life in Atlantis and worked with crystals......Atlantis  has always fascinated me as well, and I believe that Atlantis and Crystals are related to one another as well as SACRED-GEOMETRY

here is an exerpt from crystalinks.com to wet the appetite of those  interested  in more information on crystals, again   crystals are FASCINATING!!!!!!!!!!!  :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                         Properties of Crystals
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crystals have the ability to transfer energy, to retain it, to maintain
its intensity, to focus and transmit it over great distance to similar
receivers as are equal or comparable to the transmitter.

Atlantean crystals were natural forms, but their growths were speeded
up. Some clear quartz were produced to almost 25 feet high and 10 feet
in diameter, had 12 sides and were used for storing and transmitting
power.

Small crystals, four to five feet high were infused with different
colors, and had a varied number of facets, to be used for different
purposes.

For general rejuvenation and a return of vitality the ancient Atlanteans
periodically meditated 15 to 20 minutes inside a circle of 6, 11, 22
or 24 stones of different types, holding a clear quartz in their hands,
which acted as a control and focaliser...

..."It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave,so keep on thinking free"...

Mobius

Ah, ok, seems I'm writing in invisible ink, I'll have to watch that.

Mobius

James S

Hi again Mobius,

Pulled out my trusty old blacklight so I think I can make out what you've written. Give these links a try:

http://www.jewelrysupplier.com/Properties_Links.htm

http://www.mineralminers.com/

http://ist-socrates.berkeley.edu/~eps2/wisc/piezo.html

And starting to get full-on, but possibly a good link site -

http://webmineral.com/data/Quartz.shtml

Sorry I hadn't got back to you a bit quicker.

Have fun.

James S

Mobius

G,day James!

Whoaaah! Thanks for that, since our last discussion I've surfed the net a bit looking for more info on crystals, but came across quite a lot of crap, so those links you posted was a good change & more of what I was looking for.

I'm also glad you were able to SEE my writing, I've really got to watch that, it's been happening a lot lately & reminds me of what Kakarot & some others wrote about where they will say something, it is ignored, & then someone else posts the same thing & the words they write are somehow not affected by the invisible writing that the original poster seemed to suffer from. Well, I'm glad someone has a backlight, I even sent 4 posts to our host Robert, but I can't seem to get rid of the invisible ink I am writing with, I'm hoping it's some other reason though, as it's becoming a worry,hehe.

After you mentioned the Lapidary clubs I went & checked out the ones here in Queensland, as well as some fossicking clubs, so I'm starting to get on track. I even went down the library & what do you know, Q.L.D Gemmalogical club had a display & some contacts, talk about turning up just when you want it to.

The Piezo! cool thanks for that, fills in the gaps even more. Unfortunately my first application for piezo's was to look for a source of energy to make a spark without needing to be re-charged or plugged in to anything for igniting my home made BAZOOKAS & Mortars, the things we get up to as teenagers eh?,hehe.

The last link was not too full on, it was more of what I was looking for & a question for you that I have not been able to discover.

When metaphysical type people who deal with crystals talk about "vibration rates", how have they measured this? Vibrating compared to what?

Also, when they say a particular crystal corresponds with a particular star sign better, how did they determine this? I can understand that when a human is born, the star sign that is in the sky is given to the new born, but how does this work for crystals?, that are surely exposed to ALL star signs?

Just a couple of hurdles I'm having difficulty getting over & it's ok if your not sure, I just don't get it though.

Good journeys mate

Mobius

James S

Hi Mobius,

Glad to hear you're getting somewhere with the gem clubs, that's great! The thing with the library? Must be one of those "meant to be" things.

The ink....maybe its not entirely invisible. Maybe it just lets people see what they think they see.

To your questions (hope I've read them right) -
Biomagnetometers are able to measure the strength of the bodies resulting EM field, but as yet I don't believe we can measure the frequency. I imagine the potential for medical advancements would be huge if we could. The only answer I can think of here is clairvoyant guidence. Knowing what crystal can do what to where must come from an understanding that is beyond physical measurement.

As to starsigns, I really don't know. Sorry if I tread on anyones beliefs here but I don't hold much with astrology, especially since it's original intended use was to help farmers know when to plant certain crops based on the position of the stars.

There might be something in it though if you look at possible seasonal variances in the earths energy fields and their interaction with  the emerging energy field of a newborn baby. In which case the starsigns and astrology might be able to "map" these variances.
Where did that come from??....Dunno, the thought just came to me then.

James S

Mobius

Hi James

Thanks again mate, I will have to look into Biomagnetometers further, I was just confused when certain crystal books would say for example :
Amethyst, vibrates to the number 3, or Domeykite, vibrates to number 44. I just don't get that, but I'm sure the penny will drop soon.

I'm glad you mentioned the Star signs as thats another one I don't fully understand. From what I have read, when Star signs first became a concept, the stars DID line up with the earth at that stage & a newborn could be assigned the star sign which was shining on the planet at that time. However, scientists argue that since then, our planet is on a slightly different course than it was thousands of years ago & the star signs that people go by these days are actually incorrect by 2 star signs, e.g My star sign of Aries would become Gemini, or was it Aquarius? Arrrghh I forget, any ideas?

Anyway, thanks for your help & good journeys mate.

Mobius

Adam Kadmon

I'm curious if anyone here has experience with crystals in their energy work. The only information I've seen on this topic has been from people heavily into it, who do not present an objective perspective on the topic. Do they enhance personal energies, or provide a medium to store an individual's psychic charge? If anyone has experimented in this direction and has results to share, positive or negative, please share your experiences. Any energy development tech is extremely valuable.

a.k.