Depression/demotivation-why do I have to put up with it?

Previous topic - Next topic

karnautrahl

Ever since I was little demotivation and depression was a regular feature of my life. Now I'm beginning to feel that it's like the sea, I keep building walls and castles to keep it out, but it eventually comes back. Why?
I don't accept that it's now a lesson to be learnt. I've tried biofeedback, nutrition, exercise, altered diets and practiced energy work and a certain amount of meditation over the years.
What I've found is I can get shot of the worst effects mostly and it's not as bad as years ago. I still spend too much time at home because business is slow, and I don't know how to get out of the rut. When my business partner has new business for us (he's got many contacts and has been running companies for years) then motivation goes up whilst I'm working and concentrating. Then we get dead zones, where he's got some work but it's not for us both. For a while my motivation and mental health is level, I'm able to study and train etc. However I've no idea without spending money how to get new business - cold calling doesn't work. Anyway this is digressing. Basically if I get too many weeks of no work coming in, then it gets harder and harder to have good motivated days. I can't stay up during dead time. This is NOT recovery and rest at all.
I don't do enough for that for one.
I understood years ago that depression had it's place in that it causes longer term mental rest at times if everything's in balance. In me and my family it is not. It is an unnecessary mental discomfort that now serves no purpose other than to hurt progress on anything I might wish to study otherwise.
The steps I do take to alleviate it for myself include trying to exercise, eat better, take amino acid and multivits, drink plenty of water, make sure I've slept enough, meditate some, complete my secondary and primary centre work and try to do enough.<- however this last is hard, because I have to fill up a week and trying to find reasons to go out is nearly impossible at the moment. I do need reasons to be out and about.
Anyway with all the energy training I do now, isn't it about time this silliness got put to bed? I've had it since I was a kid, and I've been fighting it OR giving in to it etc etc for way too long. I don't believe it has anything new to teach me now.  It's just a flaming hindrance to things I do want to do.
One friend tries to tell me to go along with it and accept it. No. It does not help to do that. It becomes a real problem if I do that.
I accept that what I've just written is quite rambling indeed because of my mental state of mind. But I'd rather write it hear, and get some other insights and experiences than moan to my partner again. He can't help this, and I'm fed up of bringing him down with it.
If it's a "neg" then I want it gone. :(
Anyway if you've read this far :-) thank you. LOL.

Edit: Just writing this out in this way did help some today! :-)
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

Arnfinn

Hi Karnautrahl.

You seems to take good care of your body through nutrition, exercise and energy work. That is good. But your problem might be the cause of your problems. By that I mean that your thoughts and emotions must be taken care of as well as you do with your body. Positive thinking and emotions attracts positive events, the opposite attracts the opposite.

It doesn't have to be a neg that is causing your work situation or demotivation/depression, but your negative thoughts can be causing the problems by itself, even without a neg attacking/attached.

While in our normal daytime beta brainwave state, our thoughts, wishes, desires has some influence upon us and our surroundings, but when we enter those restful alpha-, and pre-sleep theta/delta brainwave states our thoughts and emotions has a stronger and more powerful effect on our subconscious and paraconscious environments as these states allows more of our bioenergy released to our surroundings past time and space.

This is the mechanics of for instance Remote Viewing, where the remote viewer enter a brainwave state at the alpha / theta level (light / deep sleep) to improve the signals he receives and to reduce noise from our own ego/thinking mind.
Deeper into the delta brainwave state (deep sleep) the bioenergy released is connected to ESP phenomena, healing, remote influencing with more.

There is a saying that says that you should never go to sleep angry. When you bring negative emotions/thoughts with you when going to sleep (entering alpha/theta/delta) you never know how much these thoughts will impact your surroundings and your self, and what they will manifest for you and your surroundings in the future.

When doing energy work it's even more important to control your own thoughts and emotions as you now has more bioenergy stored that can be released to manifest your desires/emotions for your present / future.

Do not misunderstand me.
Raising your bioenergy as you described, through exercise, nutrition and energy work might be the best investment you have given your self, so far. Keep up the good work.

Now, your next logical step is to work on your own thoughts and emotions. If you can fight your depressive and demotivative thoughts, you will experience a whole new reality, where you will attract more positive events that in turn will make you more happy and positive.
When you experience one of these tests (negative situations), they will not have such strong impacts on you, and you will be able to recover faster and better every time.

Try to turn your negative-negative situation into a positive-positive one by imposing a more strict control over your thoughts and emotions.

This is just like growing vegetables in your garden. You give those plants you want the best environment to grow in, and fight those you don't want. You do not do the opposite if you want a good crop.

Try writing down on a piece of paper the things that induce those negative thoughts/emotions and on another paper those events that gives you those joyful moments. Now you have drawn a map of your own vegetable garden (of thoughts and emotions).
It's allways good to have a map of the terrain when you start your work.

Do whatever is necessary to induce those joyful moments. Give yourself rewards for every success. Tell yourself - "well done !!"

There is also a very good technique that will address your problem;

CLICK YOUR AMYGDALA FORWARD !!

This simple but efficient little procedure deactivates your low level negative thinking reptibe brain and activates your positive high level thinking frontal lobes by clicking your amygdalas forward.

Listen to the Neil Slades Brain Radio cuts, especially those with with Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove. http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/brainradio.html

Find your amygdala here:  http://www.neilslade.com/chart.html

Much more info on this  http://www.neilslade.com  --> scroll down
..or use his "Library from another dimension" http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/Library.html

The simple exercises to click your amygdala forward can easily be combined with your other energy work for maximum effect.

-Positive high level thinking combined with lots of energy !!

Hey!! - what's the use for negative anyway??
-Spiritual growth when you conquer it !!

...and if you were right about the "If it's a "neg" then I want it gone." ,
you are at least making your environment extremely uncomfortable and unpleasant for it.  :D  :D  :D

karnautrahl

Thank you for all your advice Arnfinn.
I've just spent an hour preusing that site, unfortunately it seems to be trying hard to persuade/sell me the book :-). Even though it gives a lot of free information, I can't seem to drill down to the actual "how to do it" bit. I get a lot of surrounding info, but no distinct clues on how to start.
However I think I've located "feel" place in the centre of my head in the location described. I've used it when I've done very strong spinal energy work before. It's been one of the "locks" I think involved in circulating chi when I first tried to do kundalini work.
This was 12 mnths ago, now I do nice safe NEW exercises, though I do throw in a round of spinal work as well.  I can feel the place and breathe "through" it.
Perhaps, would you mind describing if you've used this yourself how to actually click it-if it's worked for you?
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

Joliz

Hi there, you have obviously been trying lots of different methods!  They are all useful means, especially the healthy living and meditation/energy raising aspects.  

I think we all battle with our own "demons", and different things work for different people.  The main thing is, you have to face the roots of your problems in order to constructively deal with them (sorry for the therapist-speak, but I am a therapist in real life).  A great book is one that I have recently been reading called "How to Befriend your Shadow: welcoming your unloved side" by John Monbourquette.  Its premise is that we all have a shadow "composed of everything we have driven into our unconscious for fear of being rejected" when we were young.  This shadow has a way of recurring in our lives over and over, if we continue to try to hide it, until we decide to face it and integrate it into ourselves, and use it for personal growth.  It can be done, I am actively working on it right now and can vouch for good results!

Best of luck, and remember to be easy on yourself
Joliz

beavis

QuoteI don't accept that it's now a lesson to be learnt.

Good. Too many people explain crappy things as lessons. But if you did know it was a lesson, you'd already have learned it. If you can explain the problem, you've already learned the "lesson".

Arnfinn

Hi Karnautrahl  :D  :D

The method he mentions in his radio interview with dr. Jeffrey Mishlove works real fine (the brainradio link above). Listen through it several times.  :D  :D

Visualize energy going up your body. As you know the New methods of Robert Bruce - use them to raise your energy. Let the energy pass through your brain-stem (reptile brain) and all the way up behind each amygdala (located approx. 1" inside your skull on each side - location described good in the Mishlove interview). When the energy is beside each amygdala. Visualize switch (like a light switch - or something else) in your left side amygdala. Click it forward - CLICK !! - visualize the energy flashing into your left frontal lobe. Do the same thing for your right amygdala/frontal lobe. No more difficult than that.

When you have experience in energy work you might even develop your own switches. It's only visualizing.
As you practice new neurons/pathways will grow, making the effect stronger for every time.

He tells about him describing several different methods in his books just to suite all tastes, but actually only one method is enough. No need to buy anything if you don't want to. Have not bought them myself, yet.

Your brain is the planets most advanced "thinking machine" and therefore the technique mentioned requires just that (thinking/visualizing) to activate / click your amygdalas forward.

You may also find many clues/info in his numerous articles.

The website is vast and a bit right-brain structured, but those who search...

I have not been doing this for as long myself, and the results has mostly been subtle so far, but I was recommended this by someone who had good results (Hehe - good to remind myself of the technique, thanks!!).

I have been under several years with heavy psychic attack by neg entities myself, and have found working on my inner environment has made me go through/overcome this. Your story resembled me a bit about my own situation for the past years, except for me to give less into negative thoughts, but doing less on the exercise/nutrition/energy side.

I have come to see everything in a bigger perspective during the last two years and had a lot of experiences that shows me that there are more to this world than meets the normal eye.

Positive energy/emotions can't be wrong  :D  :D

Julius

Sadness is just a stimulant, like caffeine or Nicaean. It fells a void that always seems to need filling.  Happiness and goodness are not the goal of life, the goal is to become yourself as you truly are within a sate of being that is obsessed with simulation.  

The brain has several chemical's that are easily controlled by the subconscious, and so if you have figured out a way to trick your subconscious to make you sad at any instance in witch you fell some kind of sadness it will do it.  The problem is that is becomes inherently a subconscious addiction to sadness.  So even with good thoughts all of the time you may still suddenly drop.

It is a problem that can be fixed, mostly by finding a state in witch you are content in. Not happy not sad, just a place in witch you fell like you are yourself as you should be.  Happiness can be just as hazardous as sadness, if your always trying to be happy you may end up tricking your subconscious to make you happy all of the time. This is bad because it is a stimulant well happy there is less reason to "try" things to do things.  Life, though it will be essayer, will still seem fake.

Once you find a content setting for yourself a setting that you fell is you make a mental note remember it.  Burn that moment into your memory, the smell the taste the felling, and most of all who your brain "is." Then when you get sad just remember that time put yourself there, do the same when you are happy.

A big problem is that our body's try to regulate themselves once depression become a habit.  For Evey major up there must in consequence be a major down.  You have to break this habit so you can reset your subconscious to realize normal is not happy or sad it is just being as close to your try self as possible.

Then when your suppose to be happy you will be and when your suppose to be sad you will be.  Instead of it being so mixed up.

karnautrahl

Good replies folks. I need to reread them all again during daylight hours as it's 1am right now :-).
Thank you.

Tyciol

...the hell? You think just doing chakra work is going to cure your depression? If your life sucks, chakra work won't change that. Generally unblocking those things is supposed to get rid of seated emotional trauma that SHOULD be gone but won't go, and makes you a better person to work with them with others.

With nothing to work with though, it doesn't really matter if they're open, they're not getting used. Find things to bring you joy, pride, and security, it will bring happiness. Add in some wildness too, wildness is awesome.

pod_3

Delete this, Major Tom. I will not have any more of my posts removed due to their rebuttal of admittedly anti-Semitic Illuminatists, who have have been referred to with quotes and specific bibliographical information.

karnautrahl

Inherited partially, life circumstances prior to now also. It's getting better though. I'm fixing things.

Qaz_Azaran

I also want to point out affirmations. Great way to reprogram bad subconscious tendencies.
Treat everyone with kindness and consideration. You never know what battles they may be facing.

karnautrahl

I've taken a multidisciplinary approach so far:

energy work, exercise, diet change, nutrient supplements amino acid supplements mainly) I've added ashwagandha recently on a RB recommendation for energy work. What's missing is more real world social stuff and more work. But I'm aware of that, and am due to start Kundalini yoga class this week for one. I've gotta work out what else I can do yet :-).
The only real time I use "positive" thinking is in conjunction with physical training when I hear the negative stuff come up that stops me-I cancel it out and use it like a mantra to get me through certain exercises. Kept this routine up for nearly a year-a record for me :-)

Qaz_Azaran

Just using affirmations and positive to nullify bad thoughts as they come up won't really change the source of the problem. Think of your depression in this case like a weed. While you may occasionally be chopping off the top of it, you're leaving the roots intact and it always seems to spring back up. You need to hit the positive thinking end hard enough to pull it up at the roots so that you don't get the overly depressive feelings popping up as often (outside of situationally of course, getting sad when something bad happens is natural) If you do affirmations for maybe 5 minutes a day, just repeat them like a mantra. Drill them into your subconscious and it is almost guaranteed. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone who diligently used affirmations like this and didn't get the desired change.

Just be sure to keep it present tense and positive.
Treat everyone with kindness and consideration. You never know what battles they may be facing.

Telos

Karnautrahl, this may seem out of place, but I always remember the happiest, most centered times of my life were when I was thinking like a Stoic.

http://www.wku.edu/~jan.garrett/stoa/seddon2.htm

Ironically, I became more depressed when I started to read Epictetus' Enchiridion.

http://classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/epicench.html

Of course, I didn't agree with every single word, but here was this wealth of information on living a sound life, which had been around for two millennia, and humanity was still so screwed up.

Likewise, I'm not saying that you should follow every word like those two readings are the Bible, but I hope you can find some enlightening bits in there that make life not so depressing.

Tyciol

Depression is a good thing I think, happiness can blind you sometimes.

Of course it sucks after a while, so you shouldn't let it last too long. The best way to stop it is to find something you don't like and like it.

GuardianMasterAngel

Depression comes as a product of low energy levels, try raising your energy more than normal, it should combat depression. 8)
-James

RTCovenant

I think if you find a purpose to live for, or a cause to fight for. It makes you less depressed because you feel like you are here for a reason.

That is just my opinion though, and it has no evidence or evaluation besides my own.
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not."

Telos

Quote from: RTCovenantI think if you find a purpose to live for, or a cause to fight for. It makes you less depressed because you feel like you are here for a reason.

That is just my opinion though, and it has no evidence or evaluation besides my own.

What? No evidence or evaluation... you think you invented that theory? ;)

In psychiatry, it's known as "Logotherapy," the 3rd Viennese school of psychotherapy and it was founded by Victor E. Frankl after his experiences in the Holocaust. The people who survived the Holocaust, he said, generally had something to live for, while those who died did not. It actually has a substantial amount of evidence and evaluation!

His bestseller is "Man's Search for Meaning"

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0671023373/002-6116227-2444044

karnautrahl

Interesting answers folks.
I've sort of found some purpose in training my energy work to a higher pitch, to enable me to perform healing and other things involving the energy at a higher level. When I say higher I mean stronger I guess. :-).

knucklebrain1970

One of the best things to do to help depression is to help someone else. I know this is somewhat hard to do. If you can find it in yourself, volunteer at a hospital to do hospice work I think it's called. You are probably depressed if you are alone as well. Man was not designed to be alone. You need people, whether you know it or not. I'm amazed how quickly depression can go away when you can put a smile on someone else's face. This is from someone who hated all humans for 33 years of my life. Trust me, it works.

Kevin
BUDDHAHOOD - THE END OF SUFFERING

Tyciol

You were never happy during the time you hated all humans? I've hated nearly all and still found happy things.

knucklebrain1970

I'm still not totally there man. I HATE the way the planet operates. I hate that fact that there is even time. It's BULL**** as far as I'm concerned. I HATE the fact that they mess with the clocks 2x a year in the USA. I am trying to do my best to overcome people I work with, sleepers that see nothing in life other than work, to buy meaningless S*** to feed their ego. If I was to do it all over again. I'd join a commune. Seriously. One of those people out in Utah (forget the name)

I can't stand society and the corporate environment and the greed that makes it up. I believe everyone should have the same stuff. Same small house, same car, same money, unified health care. You get on a bus in the morning and a foreman decides what your going to do for a job that day. Would things not be better off this way? Life is based upon 2 things and 2 things only in the USA. Greed and Ego and it's killing us. But I'm the idiot right? That's what I'm always told.

Kevin
BUDDHAHOOD - THE END OF SUFFERING

Ybom

No! I will not let you have the idiot position, it's mine! All mine! Muahaha.

Anyways, 100% agreement with you, except I think I found my purpose. You know how everyone in America is completely focused on truth? Try focusing on freedom more. I say if someone got hurt or killed by what I do, that's their fault for not being strong enough; they have the same potential I do in the long run.

Too bad I can't follow this philosophy. Anyways some other things that completely tick me off (besides the concept of time) are speed limits, credit, food, people who think the purpose in life is to ensure othera have smiles on their faces (whether they want to smile or not), and certain machines (like cars). I seriously hate most everything about society, so please note that this is a very incomplete list.
I come prepared...with COOKIES! No, you can't have one!

karnautrahl

Hey I love cars, it's just a shame there's a)so many idiots driving them b) they get misused AND overused and worst of all c) they won't put enough effort into using clean-hydrogen cell and similar type technologies.

Oh and killing pedestrians is part of the misuse of course.
I was taught cyclists were fair games :-) hehe J/K!

I actually found that machines like cars seem to acquire some kind of "spirit" or energy from being handled and paid attention to-especially "love" or something. :-)