Depression/demotivation-why do I have to put up with it?

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyciol

You hate daylight savings time? I laugh at it, why the heck is that even worth hating? It's just a service to farmers, befriend a farmer, they are the source of life.

Ybom

Tyciol,
I hate it because there's a myriad of better systems available, including letting the farmers set their own sunrise and sunset times. I think one of the best ideas is to go back to when there weren't any time zones. One simple number and that's it.

You say this wouldn't work though right? I'd be the wrong day you'd say in the middle of the pacific. Erm don't you know that the clock form of time is a human construct? The day also is. So are many other things, but you didn't mention them. This is very important, since the idea of 'a wrong day' is intrensically humanistic, and prone to failure. That's where the benefit of simplicity comes in. For example, I prefer a simple analog switch, to a digital one that takes more time to get accustomed to and is less accurate. Reminds me of the story where the witch apprentice wanted to look very beautiful, so she went to her master's book to find a fancy glamour spell. Needless to say, her master came up to see what she was doing, laughed, and told her to go to JC Penny's and get some makeup. Simple can be better, and sometimes less draining.
I come prepared...with COOKIES! No, you can't have one!

beavis

Time zones suck. We should change the times we do things, not lie to say time changes and event X always happens at 8am. People on opposite sides of earth dont have to go to work at the same hour number. Why should one man have to get up an hour earlier than his neighbor because they're separated by a time zone line?

CaCoDeMoN

I actually found that machines like cars seem to acquire some kind of "spirit" or energy from being handled and paid attention to-especially "love" or somethin
I've also noticed that. My motorbikes are a good example.
MEAT=MURDER.

Nay

LOL. y'all are complaining about time zones???

Boooga, boooga, booooga..there, all your worries are gone, you will only have happy thoughts for the rest of the day. I can only do it for one day at a time, I'm not that good. ;)

Take Care,
Nay

karnautrahl

My brother who sees energy confirmed the energy "spirit" thing in cars, and boats. and my mates motorbike :-) This probably belongs elsewhere
May your [insert choice of deity/higher power etc here] guide you and not deceive you!

RTCovenant

QuoteWhat? No evidence or evaluation... you think you invented that theory? ;)

In psychiatry, it's known as "Logotherapy," the 3rd Viennese school of psychotherapy and it was founded by Victor E. Frankl after his experiences in the Holocaust. The people who survived the Holocaust, he said, generally had something to live for, while those who died did not. It actually has a substantial amount of evidence and evaluation!

His bestseller is "Man's Search for Meaning"

Hmm interesting. I guess my opinion is a theory with evidence. I learn something knew everyday.
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not."

Tyciol

Half of me thinks he's crazy, the other half isn't surprised. After all, think of how much we personify our vehicles! Many people (men, mainly) make it the pride of their lives! You see them twice a day going to work, scrub them, wash them, tune them up, vacuum them, name them, race them, etc. Many people name their boats or cars too. They're probably more sentient than most trees.