News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Depressions

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

There has to be some sort of cause for depressions like that, but when it hits it can be very difficult to trace back to the causes. If there are things that consistently make you happy or otherwise elevate your mood then maybe you should have them standing by. It could be something as simple as a favorite food if you find that the depression hits when you haven't eaten in a while and your blood sugar is low. Maybe a colorful object. Maybe something that reminds you of a close friend. A favorite book.

Mobius

Hi distant bell

I know you are in Sweden & the site I am posting is an Australian
one,but it has a lot of good advice on depression & has a self
analysis test so you can see if you fit into any of these
depressive states & be able to get closer to the answer.

http://www.beyondblue.org.au/site/

All the best on your journeys

Mobius

distant bell

Thanks for your ideas!

Well, I guess the main reason that I get depressed is that I am
a single and live alone- and have been single for a wery long time.
It would be really good to have a girlfriend- someone to share the
ups and downs of life with. This is the main reason I gett depressed
sometimes.  

It´s not that I am depressed all the time- as I said before,usually I am a wery cheerfull and positive person.

The interesting thing was that these depressions come like a lightning from a blue sky sometimes- and hit quite hard.

Mobius- I will take a look at the link, Thanks!

Qui-Gon Jinn

Hey Felix, well when I am down, I am seldom down for a long time.
As you say, I can be happy as happy can be the entire day, until something "hits me" in the evening and I´ll go in a bit of a down mood. It´s a matter of balance, the key to a happy and meaningful life is balance, but it is not acchieved so easily, it is as a delicate state to hold as the state needed to project I´d reckon, if not much harder.
Too much of anything and balance will start swaying, and ones mood will be sure to follow.

I am not sure if relying on external "objects" always is so benificial when it comes to getting out of a depressional mode, as it could be a burden in the form of a habit, a habit meaning you need something to make one feel good. If one have to comfort oneself with food for example, the way millions and millions around the world do food being the #1 friend/comforter, the result won´t be very healthy - obesity I think would be VERY low in a HAPPY world...

I think one should go to a happy place within primarly, and change the present perspective that allows for the depression to last.
Feeling down because of money problems, not enough to go to the movies and do other "funstuff" - remembering that having food and shelter is really to be priveliged in a world like this could help..  There are always ways to break up a down mood thrue altering perspectives which through you see "the problem" creating the depression I reckon´. Of course the "problem" may sometimes be invisible.

If you give a kid candy evertime it cries for it, it will get spoiled and won´t get happy unless it is given candy in the future. (man I´ve seen a lot of them when working in a sort of a candy store)
Perhaps not the best parable but hey, I´m no parable (perhaps metaphor is the correct term in this case?) expert...  (yours about depression were better Felix, "almost like falling in love but the opposite").

Of course Tom has a point, low blood sugar could be a factor for feeling temporarily a bit low, and a snack (healthy one, not icecream!!;) could really do the trick, but most often low blood sugar isn´t the number one factor for depression...  it´s non physical causes (neagative thought patterns) most of the times, and most often it has to do with our egos not satisified with the way things are going.

Well, balance is the key world I reckon, to prevent and "cure" depressions. "Daniel-San, remember lesson balance? Lesson, no Kara-te only, lesson all life. Balance good, Kara-te good... all life good.
Balance no good, no matter how hard try, nothing good." - yea I saw Karate Kid 1 yesterday ;)  Mr. Miyagi is the man!!  lmao

Be well //Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

Edited by - Qui-Gon Jinn on 13 April 2002  09:13:57

Edited by - Qui-Gon Jinn on 13 April 2002  09:17:17

distant bell

Hey Qui-Richard!

I have to ask again- You don´t live in Malmo anymore?

I agree to a certain point with your thoughts! Happynes HAS to come
from within. Materail things cannot make anybody happy- of course,
the lack of necessary material things like a roof and food can make
you unhappy, but that´s another thing.

I think though that everybody needs a reason to live. I feel that many of the things I do lack intrisical (self) value. Most things in life are just tools, education is a tool, mony is a tool.. all those
things are not enough to build a life on. There has to be something beneath with more deapth to give a meaning to life.

I have come to the conclusion that life has to have a point, and that that point has to have something to do with living. The tools are not the point... I don´t belive that asketism is that pont either- because, if world denial was the point- why incarnate?

My intuitive feeling is that in a way the consept about starting a family might be the thing that gives meaning to a life. Of course all people are different - everey man and every woman is a star- and have there own orbits and goals... but for me the rest seems like tools.
Of course spiritual development has a self value too! But I still think it has to be mixed with a "real life" goal.

Qui-Gon Jinn

Well what if the "real life goal" is spiritual development, progress....     ponder that one for a week or two!  ;)

No, I dropped out of "college" in Malmoe recently, back in Blekinge, I first intended to go back to Malmoe College term (termin) but now I´ve applied to College in Kalmar, the education there were exactly what I want for now, and I just love that city (seems as if I´ll have a good chance getting an apartment 50 meters from the ocean, and 200 meters från "Baronen" if you know where that is?) so I really hope I´ll get in.. You are staying in Lund ey?

Take care //Qui-Gon Richard

"Think of the fierce energy concentrated in an acorn! You bury it in the ground and it explodes into a giant oak! Bury a sheep, and nothing happens but decay"
- Your focus determines your reality -

Edited by - Qui-Gon Jinn on 13 April 2002  09:49:42

Tia

Ha...  I know those depressions really well.  I am working with a great book at the moment, 'Feeling Good, The New Mood Therapy' by David D. Burns M.D.  So many people could benefit from this book.  

'Feelings' dont just happen on their own, they are a response to what we are thinking.  You have to find the negative thought/s that set  off the depression and then argue/reason with them.  When you pull these thoughts out into the open - on paper - you will see that they are false/unreasonable and you can then let them go.  For example, you may think of being "alone" and then start thinking "I am always going to be alone for ever, nobody wants me etc.,"  Then without even realising you hit a depression.  So you have to challenge those thoughts - "This is untrue, I have not always been alone and there is no reason to think that I will always be alone and really, is it true that 'nobody' likes me?  No..."  So next time you feel 'blue' take a look at what you are thinking and pay no attention to what you are feeling.

When we get down, it is just a feeling.  It's not reality.    

distant bell

Tia- you are certainly right! it´s always good to analyse those thoughts and see if they have any truth to them- but I guess at the moment someone who feels alone might find little you in the thought that he might not be alone in one year or so...

Sometimes I almoust think that depressions can come as a way of driving out booredome.. just as a change in the monotony of life...

Qui-Richard!  Oh, yes- I am a proud dweller of the city of Lund! I really love both the town and the university- and we have swedens leading theology institution.
Sad thing you don´t live in Malmö any more.. I was thinking that we
should meet in person sometime, but that will be hard now.

I have thought about the possibility of life having the single purpous to develope spiritual- but the again - to what end?

And ewery man and every woman is a star, thus having there own true wills to fulfill.

distant bell

I did some more thinking about the meaning of life...
If it was only to reach higer spiritual development in the sense
of knowledge and experienece in the metaphysical field, then why
choos to do this work in a physical body? -  would it not seem easier
to do this work with the astral body only?

I am starting to belive quite strongly that we who are incarnated are here for the reason of playing our roles in lifes rich pagens..
We should play the roles we are given as humans- and thus take an interest in the things that humans should take an interest in.

I´m not saying that spiritual development is a negative thing- on
the contrar- but it´s probably only to give an extra dimension to life.

I have spent the last four years in solitude withdrawn from life with my occult books... and yes I have learnd alot- but I see to that I have missed out on many of those things that the average person has done. In my case, the metaphysicall studies where alomust like an obsession.

distant bell

Hey Mobius-
I loked at the link and did some test..
Her´s the result:

Your total score is 2
What does your score mean?
5 or less = Normal range
6-11 = Somewhat distressed
12 or more = High psychological distress

Seems like I´m happier then most,ey?
(or perhaps the test wast just plain stupid)

Cheers!

MJ-12

Arie

Depression is an interesting phenomenon.  I have already been there sooo many times its not even funny.  The evil thing about depression is that sooner or later you get suicidal...then again and again and again.  I'm surprised I'm still even here typing on this computer.  I guess I must have figured out some reason to live even though I  don't know what it is.   I hope none of you have been to where I've been...its literally hell on earth. Maybe this is why I am so interested in obe's....I want some experience larger than life.  Its too bad though that their so bonking hard to have....atleast for me they are.  I'm sure I will sooner or later though.  I hear when one does get out of their body they begin to value life alot more.....I hope this is true.

Adios

Arie

"I hear and I forget... I see and I remember... I do and I understand."

distant bell

I get these kind of deep depressions seemingly from out of nowhere every now and then. I can spend a whole day quite happily, and the suddenly in the evning I might gett really depressed. I guess I always have some reason for it- at least in a way- it might be something real life problem that I have, but normally not get that bothered by- and then suddenly there is a deep depression hitting down on me with ful force. I am a rather happy and positiv personality normaly really.  

has anybody had similare experiences?

One interesting thing about this is how strong sensations you get when beeing really down. A deep depression is really feelt in the whole body- it´s abodily senation.
It´s almoust like beeing really in love but the other way round- I guess it has to have some effect on the nervous system and the psi energy- but if it is good or bad?

Bless ya al!