News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Does music help?

Previous topic - Next topic

panabelle

Linkin Park is good for me. It might disrupt other people's concentration, though. I wouldn't think Enya would work; doesn't seem the right type. For some reason, rock and stuff like that helps me.

ss_majin_gohan

I listen to Linkin park for my training too, it seems to work for alot of people! I also think that Evanescence's new song "Bring Me To Life" works pretty well, and Eminem, and Metallica! Mostly it is the overall feeling that the song gives you I think!

Squeek

Well, Linkin Park just ROCKS!  

If you're looking for a fast song with a good beat and all that, you should download a song from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.  You could probably find it under "City Escape".  Or, you download the theme to Kingdom Hearts, "Simple and Clean, PlanitB Remix"

But, above all, there is Linkin Park. Best Song = Numb.  Hands down, no questions asked.

By the way, if anybody thinks of surpassing me, im on spring break now.  I'll have the internet for about 15-20 hours a day.  Try me.

~Squeek

Links Shadow

What are some other good Linkin Park songs?

Squeek

All of them....   :)

for the good up-beat tempo songs, here is a good list to go by:

Hybrid Theory: Papercut, Forgotten, and Runaway.  The other songs aren't as fast as these, but they are all GREAT.

ReAnimation Pts.Of.Athrty, PPr:Kut, and Wth>You (Yea, that's the way you spell them  [8D])  These are remixes of the first album, but man do they rock. These songs also have a different tone to them.  The songs are longer, the beat changes, but the words in many cases do not.

Meteora Don't Stay, Hit the Floor, Figure.09, Faint, Breaking the Habit, and Somewhere I Belong.  Every song on this album rocks, but if you're gonna download it, don't get Foreward...its a 13 second track of...nothing...   Seession is a cool instrumental that has some interesting stuff mixed with it.  Nobody's Listening is a rap song with a great beat.  Add that to the list  [:P].  All of the songs are great.  Numb is the best.  I didn't include it because there are many slow parts.  But the somg rocks.  If I happen to be on KaZaA, you may see a DBZ music video for Numb on there.  That's my hobby; I make music videos.

Did you notice my colors and font?  I'm gonna do this all the time now, cause it's COOLIO!!

~Squeek

panabelle

Whatever song means a lot to you is good. Like, Somewhere I Belong I downloaded yesterday and, as you can probably tell by my new signature, I like it a lot. I couldn't relate to it more if I had known the band personally and had a hand in writing the lyrics.
It might not work for you though because it's a little slower than some other ones.

Squeek: How could you forget One Step Closer? That is the best! It rocks SO HARD!!! And what other song lets you yell "SHUT UP!" at the top of your lungs seven times? [:D]

da_0ne

eminem is the best of the best for increasing energy flow (only if what he says means something to you.The best song for me is loose yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squeek

It's an OK song first of all...second, there isnt a nice rhythm like the other songs i listed.  

And panabelle, you really need to buy Meteora, or at least download the rest of the album.  It is so good.

~Squeek

Links Shadow

You are right Squeek, Meteora is a great CD I bought it this morning. Numb is the best song on the CD imho. Thankyou for your input.

Squeek

Yase Linkin Park does rock.  Meteora has some really great songs on it, but I am a bit disappointed that it is only 37 minutes long...  That bothered me.  But all the songs still rock.

Now you can see why I pressured you so much to get it  :)

~Squeek

panabelle

I downloaded Numb the other day. It's ok. Nothin' special really. But hey, that's just me. [:D]

Somewhere I Belong is officially my favorite song now. [|)] But In the End has an awesome music video. Flying whale things! [:P] (They're in the vid, I'm not just randomly mentioning them)

Squeek

Erm, yea I think I know...I have all their videos on my computer, all their songs (unreleased as well), some songs live, the DVD, dangit I got everything.  Let's keep this a bit towards what Links Shadow needed to hear.

I never had an experience like with one certain song that just flicked a switch in my brain and gave a signal like "That's the song. Right there."  I doubt it is one certain song out there, but I doubt even more that it is actually helpful.

All i know for sure is that Linkin Park rocks!

~Squeek

panabelle

Oh my God. Squeek actually told me to get back on topic. WHAT WEIRD SORT OF DIMENSIONAL PORTAL HAVE I FALLEN THROUGH?!?! [|)]

Anyway: whatever works for you, Links Shadow. Usually it helps if the lyrics have some particular meaning in your life. Also, I tend to find that heavier, rock-type stuff helps more than New Age or that kind of thing. That might just be me being weird again, though. [:D] It's an individual thing, we can't tell you what music to listen to.

Squeek

Whatever floats your boat.  Usually it is the type of music that you like best.  It doesn't have to have an up-tempo beat to it, or even words.  Just has to be a great song to you.

~Squeek

testpattern

i might suggest some electronic music..

i have a few trance mixes that are about an hour long or so that really capture you.. if you have high speed internet connection ill be more than happy to send some music

Links Shadow

Sorry, I have a very slow dial-up connection. But I sure wish I had a high speed connections.

Squeek

Wow. This topic was on page 4.  I found it tho!  :D

I found a good band that is primarily instrumental and has an wesome beat to it.  The genre is electronica (which sounds so cool :D) And I won't delay any further -.-

The band is Prodigy.  I always thought prodigy was just this punk rock band but it's totally the opposite (for most songs).  Some downloads I'd recommend by Prodigy are: Narayan and Breathe. These are the best two I have found so far. Narayan will take you a long time to download on a 56k modem, as it is 9 minutes long = )

~Squeek

BagelGod

Well, i found that alot of old bands help me. ELO (Electric light orchetra....you have heard their stuff, you just dont know), like that mr. blue sky song on that one volkswagon bug commercial. The Damned are very good, belulagosis dead by bahaus is good, dead kennedys, most of the ramones, sex pistols, misfits, some of the who believe it or not, a couple of good beatles songs, and even though i hate to say it, daft punk is somewhat good. But these just help us old punk rockers trapped in this pop rock era....

Psypunk

Sphongle is the greatest for this stuff I think.  
The music is absolutely amazing.  The first album is called "Are You Sphongled" and the second one is called "Tales of the Inexpressible".  
If you want to get a little taste of what it is, go to this link http://w1.736.telia.com/~u73602493/flashback.html  If you have a slow computer it might take a while to load.  It's a really trippy animation and the song used in it is "Devine Moments of Truth" by Sphongle.  
Many people I have talked to use this music for meditation and energy movements.  Other good groups in the same kind of genre are "Infected Mushroom" ("Classical Mushroom" is their best one I think) (Israel), "Space Tribe" (Australia), and "Astral Projection" (Israel) "The Muses Rapt-Spiritual Healing", "Hallucinogen" is another good one.  I could go on and on...  I figured on a web sight about Astral Projection, a lot of people would have known about this music. You can listen to samples of all this stuff on www.trancetrax.com  

lateralus897

No Tool yet? I'll hafta take care of that. The music is very abstract at times, while at the same time powerful and meaningful. Not to mention they are overall an extremely tight band. The members are also very "enlightened" individuals. If this is new to you, check out the cd "Lateralus." Or you can download the song "lateralus" or the trilogy of songs: "Disposition," "Reflection," and "Triad" for a full experience.

I'm not trying to sell the music, but check it out if you don't have a preference yet.

Squeek

Well, I think mainly anything by a band labeled in the genre "Electronica: or "Trance" or possibly "Techno" would work...You just have to find the band that suits you best. I like prodigy alot because they have fast beats and quick style changes.

~Squeek

Greytraveller

Ambient music, trance or Space music (especially Hearts of Space). All of that music can be used for meditation and energy work.
Natural sounds and celtic music, particularly Enya, are also some of my favorites. [:)]

Squeek

Linkin Park now has 3 "instrumental" tracks. I suggest getting them.

Cure for the Itch (Hybrid Theory)

Kyur4 Th Ich (ReAnimation)

Session (Meteroa!!!)

Session is really good. But still. For our purposes, Prodigy man, PRODIGY!

~Squeek

PS, i tried the moving text dealy. Let's see if it works :D

Links Shadow

I have heard that music can help in energy movements and feeling. What I want to know is what are some good CDs for this, or who are some good artists? I have some Enya which is New Age but it does not seem to work. Any input would be much appreciated.